Chapter 1: Dinner for two, part 2
14 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Then they just looked at each other for a while as if they tried to read each other’s minds, maybe they did. Both of them bearing the faintest smiles, She stroked her hair and he followed her movement with his eyes. Their food was served by another waiter who followed her movement as well. The man before her closed his eyes and she spoke. “As I said it has been a while, could you maybe,- tell me something about home? Has anything happened?” One of the corners of his mouth curled, “your sisters are well if that is what you mean” Her head slightly tilted downward looking at him slowly shaking her head, “I didn’t mean that and none of them are my sisters”, “I know” The man softly remarked, he seated himself somewhat straighter “What do you want to know, ill answer your every question” She smiled at him saying “Good, you’ve given in then?” he smiled back at her, somewhat questioning her with his eyes. “Is that your question?” She brought her hands to a knife and a fork softly sliding a finger over them and closing her hands around them. “it seemed to be a nice way to start.”
He lowered his head bringing it back to her “well I have, and I haven’t” She shook her head and let it go. “Then this one, have you made more?” as she spoke he too made his way to his cutlery and said “A couple, but they aren’t going to change much” She breathed in somewhat heavier, her voice lightly disturbed “I see, do you still-?” he cut her short, with his calm voice “No I don’t, at least, I try to let them live their lives.” She was about to take a bite from her food but brought it back to her plate. Looking at him with a pained expression as he returned his knife to the table and scratch his head, “I’m sorry, and it pains me too,” he said, she nodded slowly, reaching for his hand with hers, “sometimes I rather not leave it to chance” he added as he placed his hand in hers, She gave him a sad smile as he caressed her palm. Her sound made the room feel brighter “The only thing that keeps you going is novelty, maybe you should forget yourself, even if it is just for a lifetime.” He mirrored her smile with a little more hope. “Thank you, It has been a while.”   

1