Promotion (3)
5.5k 11 228
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"This..." Nono looked lost for the first time in ever. She was bare naked and stood in front of Tsunade in one of the cheap inns they booked into with the rest of the team behind the other side of the door. Her emerald pupils were focused on the dimming seal mark on her left shoulder as she muttered, "Tsunade-san, as hard as it may sound to believe... I did not plant this seal on my body."

Looking at the nervous girl and realizing that a few things DID make her nervous, Tsunade merely chuckled darkly which didn't ease Nono's worries. She shifted in her position slightly and finally relaxed somewhat when the mark fully disappeared as Tsunade shook her head and spoke up, "I believe you just as you should believe me that now the mark is removed, whoever set this might realize it. Any sensible shinobi would assume that the cover is blown which, unfortunately for you, lass, means that whoever planted this seal on you would like you six feet under or burnt to ashes."

Nono uttered a disgruntled groan, taking the news way better than Tsunade expected her to, then again, she now knew how to handle quirky brats... and she did want someone intelligent not in her team for more than just ninja work. "Nono Yakushi... how about working for me as my capacity of being the Matriarch of the Senju Clan? The Clans have the right to employ any genin and under if they are willing."

"For you... would you teach me more iryo nin?" Nono's eyes glowed as Tsunade grinned, "Better, I'll teach you how to do paperwork!"

Needless to say, Tsunade wasn't even angry at whoever did this. She just got a gem in the rough and the said gem couldn't refuse even when Tsunade said it was willing employment. What a bunch of lies!

---

"Well done," Hiruzen smiled and looked at Team Tsunade in front of him alongside Nono Yakushi. He was done with the Mission Report and still hadn't opened the different scrolls Tsunade had placed on the table.

"Not only has Team Tsunade and Nono Yakushi eradicated the source of the sudden increase in slave bartering, but you have also provided the Intelligence Department with many Iwa Shinobi that can be used to understand the current trends of Iwagakure shinobi. The mission is fulfilled and I declare Mikoto Uchiha, Kushina Uzumaki, Kai, and Nono Yakushi as proud chunins of Konohagakure."

While he wasn't expecting applause, Hiruzen felt he at least deserved a bow in respect but the three stood with a weird expression while Nono Yakushi stepped up and finally gave a bow, "I respectfully decline this promotion, Hokage-sama. As of yesterday, I have accepted my employment in Senju Clan's Administrative Department."

Hiruzen's expression froze as he grew silent before nodding and smiling, "I understand, Genin Nono. I wish you luck in your endeavors."

While he had many questions, he knew Tsunade would provide answers and as her team and Nono left with her seal of approval to be granted the rank of chunin and the resultant rewards, he silently opened the second scroll and began to read through it with an increasingly cold expression.

"Any ideas?" Tsunade finally inquired as Hiruzen's frown tugged on his developing wrinkles and he muttered, "Not that I can currently think of. Is this the reason why you moved all your clansmen?"

"Somewhat like that," Tsunade nodded. Now that she was attacked and survived to tell the tale, she could officially bring this up to Hiruzen without it being dismissed as some nonsense like what happened when she tried to bring up the medic-nin reforms.

"And what role does Nono play in all this?" Tsunade, of course, did not in any capacity reveal that she suspected a traitor within. That would be utterly foolish. No, she would try to slowly unravel things and Nono was a very important clue for that.

"Oh, I took a liking to her, and even if she became a chunin, at best, someone might want to try and make a move on her for her talents and then bring her to a very persuasive union. But it doesn't happen often, right?" Tsunade smiled, easily relaying that she was still pissed about Dan yet the Hokage groaned and shut up. If letting Tsunade have Nono meant that she would let bygones be bygones, sure, he didn't mind it at all.

---

Kai had a short smirk over his lips.

[Konoha Chunin: Increases the favorability of the village towards the host moderately and reduces the condition of leveling up the skill from the C-Rank Jutsus skill tree by 10℅.]

[C-Rank Jutsus]

[Taijutsu]

[Might Fist (10/10)]

[Solid Bulldoze (10/10)]

[Leaf Twister (15/15)]

[Ninjutsu]

[Water Release: Water Bullets (20/20)]

[Water Release: Water Clone (10/10)]

[Wind Release: Wind Shuriken (25/25)]

[Earth Release: Quicksand Stream (20/20)]

[Earth Release: Earth Clone (10/10)]

[Fire Release: Fire Serpent (25/25)]

[Genjutsu]

[Horrible Vore (15/15)]

[Death Crucifixion (20/20)]

[Weaponry]

[Kunai Devil (20/20)]

[Name: Kai

Age: 5

Title: Tsunade's Apprentice

Gamer Traits: Skill Tree; Sleepless Gamer

Rank: Chunin

Hit Points: 100℅

Stamina: 100/100℅ (11.1/min)

Chakra: 16642.5 (4209→ 4755*250℅) || (367.5/min) (105*250%/min)

Physique: 111→ 117/1000

Mental: 134/1000

Perception: 72→ 74/1000]

[Skill points: 508]

'Taijutsu and Genjutsu... hehe," Kai smirked happily. He was sure that completing a B-rank Mission accompanied by a promotion would also come with some time to train since they would need a long time to be even considered a chunin... but...

"What?" Kai slurped the last noddle in the ramen and inquired as Nono's gaze constantly wandered over to him time and again.

"Well, I am curious if anything would change now that you are the youngest recorded chunin of the village," Nono smiled, and then it hit Mikoto and Kushina, too!

"I forgot you're just 5-year-old!" Mikoto gasped as Kai smiled, "Well, don't you feel dumb now, Mikoto-chan."

"Hmph, anyway, so what?" Kushina snorted.

"So? Well, I would say he would be targeted by other shinobi villages once his information leaks out, and even within the village, he may attract bad publicity, too. Even if Kai-kun is protected under Tsunade-sama's care, he may get attacked in the village. In fact, I have again heard of a few unconfirmed rumors of these things," Nono smiled as Kushina pouted and snapped, "Just save it! And why are you even with us right now?!"

"Because I am Tsunade-sama's attendant and she asked me to stay with you until she comes to fetch me," She smiled and Kai noted a few irregular chakra signatures slowly coming and going at a varied frequency.

"Nono-san, do you remember your promise to help me understand the genjutsu activated by touch?"

"Of course," Nono livened up slightly and gushed, "Kai-kun, would you want to make me fulfilled right now?"

Kai's lips parted. Kushina's and Mikoto's gazes darted towards one another but before they could speak—

"Sure," Kai smiled and stood up as Nono held his wrist and dragged him towards the Senju Compound while the remaining two girls scowled and followed, clearly unhappy at the thought of their celebration cut short but Kai only cackled coldly as he felt the chakra signatures getting a little more frustrated... wait...

Wait!

Did he just correctly—

[Skill formed due to special action.]

[Chakra Empath (1/25): Allows the host to sense the general intent from the chakra of the target passively. Increases Perception by 1 stat at every level. Increases the range of sensing by 5 meters at every level. Current Range: 10 meters.

Next Level: Sense emotions of 1/500 individuals or 5 SP]

It was just a hint of empathy sensing from his side and would have taken him a long time to get a hang of it again but his trait made sure that none of that happened and granted him a sweet skill to grind.

He immediately tried it. As he expected, Nono was happy and satisfied as if her smile wasn't an indication of it. Mikoto and Kushina were angry and dissatisfied as if their thinned lips and angered glares weren't already indicating that.

Sweet!

Now he can at least be sure about it!

---

"What do you mean Nono Yakushi is now a part of the Senju Clan? You were well aware that I wanted to recruit her into Root once she became a chunin. Even with that knowledge, you let Tsunade take here away!" Danzo spoke with a stormy expression. He had been keeping an eye out on Nono from the moment she revealed her extraordinary talent. The only reason she was in Genin Corps was that she was the lone survivor of an incident where everyone except her team was ambushed by Kumo-nin and that, in itself, showed her abilities!

Yet...

"Did you extend an invitation to Nono Yakushi?" Hiruzen inquired calmly.

"Well..." Danzo faltered.

"Then this is the end of discussion. Now, I would love to chat with you but see this?" Hiruzen pointed at the stack of paperwork, "This is on my table because of you. Because you wanted the damn deal with Hanzo and now I have to arrange it in so much underground pile work that nobody gets a whiff of it! So, that's the door. He quick about it and prepare for Amegakure."

Danzo snorted and left. As he exited the building in a clearly annoyed mood, he soon flickered away and then made his way through a complex mechanism of seals and varied underground passaged before arriving in a spacious underground structure where three men waited for him.

"Where is Nono Yakushi?" Danzo inquired as the three masked men knelt silently and the one in the lead spoke in a monotone, "Nono Yakushi did not leave the side of Team Tsunade and entered Senju Compound promptly. We tried to infiltrate the compound but like our previous attempts, we were found by one of the resident shinobi and were forced to leave."

Danzo gritted his teeth silently and then sneered, "Hmm, no need to tail her for now."

'I've tried almost everything but the remaining Jonins and Chunins still active are armed to teeth and even four jonin-level anbu didn't return... did she realize something? The seal mark on Nono is disappeared already but Hiruzen doesn't seem to know anything about it... I could send more of my men as suicide-nin but it's more detrimental to me and the village can't have losses from both sides... the most viable option IS the war.

Hiruzen doesn't see it at all. Senju, Uchiha, and Uzumaki... one of them have such bodies that even civilians have strength similar to a genin without training their entire life. Uchihas and their Sharingan are more than enough threat already with Madara Uchiha already being an example, unlike the Hyugas who are only going downhill. Uzumakis, too, have chakra reserves that could make the Senju and Uchiha envy alongside their sealing techniques being the only things capable of threatening Jinchurikis...

Sensei would surely see my way. Even he knew the threat the Uchiha posed. But Hiruzen is getting softer by the day. He... he's losing it. If he can't do anything about it, then I will.'

Danzo's eye narrowed down. He had already stirred the pond quite a bit but failed to have any meaningful catch. Any further and he might as well expose himself... but the war was around the corner. While Uzumakis have the safety net in the form of Mito, a little birdy did chirp outside the village which made them realize that Mito was not here for long...

---

"Damn your weary cunt, Mito! Stop using my chakra!"

Of all her accomplishments, Mito heard the roar of her failure but she had regained it... the flair for life and she would damn well make the fox submit to her in THIS life.

Within her room, the diamond-shaped mark on her forehead began to glow softly as a massive surge of chakra continued to emanate out of her but was contained by the sealing marks all around the room. As she expended chakra, it seemed to fill her surroundings and soon, her mark felt the pulsation of a new form of energy. Should anyone look at her now, they would see the wrinkles around her eyes receding while her dull hair falling out and vibrant red hair growing at an even quicker pace but soon... her condition reverted.

Yet, the smile on her aged lips grew wider.

"Oh, foxy... those idiots actually thought Jinchurikis will give them the best way to harness the power of a bijuu. As if! Are they all Mito Uzumaki? Hashirama Senju? Or Madara Uchiha... now that I think about it, darling, which one of us has been the gentlest with you?"

"Shut the fuck up! Hag!"

"Scared, are we? I suppose you never imagined things would turn out this way... hehe," she giggled mischievously.

"Just drop dead!"

***

Shoutout to Brody McDermott, and gnawingteeth!!

Read 30 advance chapters here—

Patre on.com/Fanharem

Join the discord for well... uh, dead chat room~

https://discord.gg/egdFUe5

228