12. Star Dou Great Forest – Part 1
515 0 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Shenqi, may I call you that?" Flender asked.

She nodded. "If you wish, you can call me Xiao Shen. Headmaster Bing and Teacher Cang always called me that."

"Very well, Xiao Shen, you definitely are monstrous enough. Shrek Academy will welcome you with open arms. You're even more astounding that Xiao San!"

"I don't dare compare with the great Tang San."

Before anyone could say anything else, a pack of spirit wolves suddenly surrounded them, growling. Ru Shenqi's eyes narrowed.

"Dean Flender, as an entrance exam, let me take care of these spirit beasts."

He clapped. "Very well!"

"First spirit skill, Clear Crystal Scatter!"

Her glowing eyes flashed, and soon the wolves were running every which way, confused. When she was able to single one out, she called, "Second spirit skill, Clear Crystal Crypsis!"

That one wolf transformed before everyone's eyes. It turned into a piece of fresh, raw meat. The other wolves eyed it, hungrily. Realizing something was off, the targeted wolf ran away with the others chasing after it.

Once they were gone, everyone breathed a sigh of relief. Zhao Wuji stepped forward.

"Xiao Shen, your spirit skills are amazing. Please, elaborate for us."

And so, she told them each of her spirit skills and their abilities. Each were targeted on improving her eyes, but with different focuses. When she had finished explaining her spirit skills, she fell silent.

For now, they don't need to know about my Fire Dragon and Death God Domains.

"How extraordinary!" Flender exclaimed.

Even Zhao Wuji looked impressed.

Suddenly, a glow came from the Swift Demon Cougar's body. On it's forehead, a brightly glowing skull bone appeared. It resembled an upside down arrowhead and had a deep black base with gold cougar stripes along it.

"Xiao Shen! It's a spirit bone!"

She whipped around. She remembered her father telling her about the Eight Spider Lances that Tang San had.

"Dean Flender, can I absorb it?"

He nodded. "Wuji and I will guard you."

She walked over towards the spirit beast. Reaching down, she picked up the spirit bone.

I hope you give me a good skill.

She sat down in the lotus position, pressed the skull bone to her forehead, and closed her eyes beginning to meditate and absorb the spirit bone. After about four hours, a pitch black light surged from her forehead before dimming and fading out as the soul bone disappeared.

"Congratulations, Xiao Shen," Flender said. "You've gained a spirit bone. Remember, they're very rare and valuable. Other spirit masters will kill for them. Don't reveal it unless you have to."

She nodded. "Xiao Shen understands."

"Good. What skill does it provide?" Flender asked.

But then, his head whipped around. Shooting out of the ground was a Burrowing Pit Spider.

"Kids, get behind me!" he yelled.

Zhao Wuji stepped forward while the four children backed up. The two adults released their spirits, Four Eyed Owl and Vigorous Vajra Bear. Eight spirit rings circled at their feet, making up a total of sixteen to fight the Burrowing Pit Spider with.

"If only we had some of Xiao San's hidden weapons," Zhao Wuji muttered.

Ru Shenqi gauged the situation. This spirit beast can't be any worse than the beasts on the Hell Road. If I could defeat them without my spirit abilities, then this little spider will be no problem.

She stepped forward, much to the dismay of the students. Coming up along Flender's side, her eyes turned red, brimming with slaughter intent. The atmosphere changed, and everyone felt the sense of being weighed down by a cold immense pressure. Only Ru Shenqi stood straight, still glaring at the Burrowing Pit Spider in front of her.

"Xiao Shen!" Zhao Wuji cried. "Get back."

"Teacher Zhao Wuji, let me handle this little spider. If it's the right age and suitable to one of the others, I won't kill it."

Flender nodded. "It's quite suitable for Liao Suyin1廖素音 - Unadorned Sound (speaks to beauty in simplicity), since her spirit is a Jade Poison Tarantula."

Ru Shenqi hummed in agreement. She shot forward using the Death God Domain's Slaughter Assault and activated her third spirit ability. "Third spirit skill, Clear Crystal Armor!"

It appeared as if nothing had happened, but when one of the Burrowing Pit Spider's legs got too close, it bounced off her invisible shield. Smirking, Ru Shenqi twisted out of the way. Playing on the knowledge that spiders hate fire, she closed her eyes and summoned her innate Fire Dragon Domain. Bright red-orange flames flickered around her body. Alarm flashed in the spider's eight eyes.

It turned and made to escape. She flicked her wrist, and her golden wire shot out from her silver bracelet. She caught one of the Burrowing Pit Spider's legs and yanked back, hard. It lost its balance and fell to the ground.

"Dean Flender, Teacher Zhao Wuji! Stop the spider from getting up!"

"Third spirit skill, Gravity Increase!" Zhao Wuji roared.

Soon, the spider couldn't get up. Flender beckoned to Liao Suyin, and the tentative girl crept over. Handing her a knife, he said, "Kill it."

She nodded, closed her eyes, and stabbed. The spirit beast gave a shrieking cry before its yellow hundred year spirit ring appeared. Liao Suyin stretched out her hand to take the ring. When it had floated over to her, she sat down and began to meditate. With the present danger gone, and Zhao Wuji guarding Liao Suyin, Flender turned towards Ru Shenqi.

"Xiao Shen, that fire..."

She looked down. "It's an innate domain. I got it from my father."

"Who is your father?"

She shook her head, not wanting to answer. Deciding not to push her, Flender sighed and nodded. "It's alright, you don't have to say. But where did that hidden weapon come from?"

Holding out her left wrist, she showed him her silver bracelet. "The wire's in the bracelet. My mother left it to me. I don't know where she got it from."

"I've never seen Xiao San make such a thing, so I don't think it comes from his Tang Sect."

Ru Shenqi shrugged. "Dean Flender, will others come after me?"

"Why do you ask?"

"The teachers at my primary academy warned me to be careful. They didn't want anyone knowing my spirit rings for fear I'd be taken advantage of."

He sighed. "Yes, if word gets out about you, every school on the continent will want you to join them."

"Teacher Cang said that only at Shrek Academy would I be safe. Only there would I be free."

Flender nodded. "That's correct. If you officially join Shrek Academy, once you graduate, you will always be a Shrek, but in name only. You can move on to do great things. You won't be dedicating your life to our school like you would at a different school, especially if it's one of the clans' schools."

"Then, I'd like to be a part of Shrek Academy."

"Good, good. You can return with us to Heaven Dou City then. Xiaogang will want to meet you."

"Do you mean Grandmaster? As in Tang San's laoshi?"

"That's correct."

Excitement lit in her eyes. After all, she still was only eight years old. Then, she decided to trust Shrek Academy with another secret.

"Dean Flender?"

"Yes?"

"There's one more thing."

"What is it, Xiao Shen?"

Her eyes flashed red at him, slaughter intent surging within her. His eyes widened as she released the full power of her Death God domain. It was the domain's Domination skill that she had used earlier and now to increase the burdening pressure. After a few more seconds, she recalled her domain.

"D- D- DEATH GOD DOMAIN?!"

15