14. Heaven Dou City
517 0 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With their mission successful, the group headed out of Star Dou Great Forest. They began the long journey northwest to return to Heaven Dou City. The rest of the day was spent walking; and after the sun had set, they finally approached Soutuo City.

"Let's stop here for the night," Zhao Wuji commented.

Flender and the children nodded, agreeing. They found a hotel and rented three rooms, much to Flender's dismay.

Once they had arrived on the third floor where their rooms were, he cried, "Aiya, why is this place so expensive?"

"It's just one night," Zhao Wuji countered. "We'll be back to Shrek Academy tomorrow."

Ru Shenqi spoke up, "Dean Flender, I can compensate will my Spirit Elder allowance. I know that once I register as a Spirit Ancestor, my stipend will end."

"No, no, I'm not that stingy. It's fine. Wuji is right, it's only one night."

The children nodded, bid the adults goodnight, and split, heading to their rooms. Fang Youyou and Ming Yong headed to the farthest room down the hall. Ru Shenqi and Liao Suyin entered the room next to the boys, while the adults took the room closest to the stairs.

<><><>

The next morning, everyone gathered downstairs in the restaurant area to have breakfast before leaving. Just as their congee, plain noodles, fried eggs, and tea was delivered by a few waiters, a group of haughty, teenage students entered. They noticed the Shrek Academy group and walked over.

"Is this the all-powerful Shrek Academy?" one of the teenagers taunted.

Each student was wearing the uniform of the Shen Feng1 神风 - Godwind Branch, one branch of the School of Four Elements. Ru Shenqi watched as grimaces and dislike flashed across her companions' faces.

Leaning over to Liao Suyin, she asked, "What's going on?"

"Those students are from the School of Four Elements. Ever since they separated from Shrek Academy and re-founded their own school, Shrek Academy and the School of Four Elements haven't gotten along."

"Ohh."

Another teenager called out, "Aren't you only pre-teens? How can you even attend an Advanced Spirit Master school?"

Ru Shenqi's hands clenched into fists. She stood slowly. The Shen Feng Branch students eyed her.

"Y- you're just a child!"

She released her Death God Domain, and Domination activated. Eye blazing a furious red, her slaughter intent bore down on the other students. They stared at her in horror.

"What kind of power is this?!" they cried. "This is really too domineering!"

Ru Shenqi scoffed, "If you can't even take this pressure, then you will definitely not be able to survive what I've gone through. What wimps!"

"How dare you?!" the students from Shen Feng Branch roared.

She increased her Domination pressure, forcing them to their knees. Flender and the others gaped in shock.

"Have you lived on the streets, always watched for shadows on your back, fighting to survive? Have you yet had to slaughter in order to live another day? Have you earned the recognition as Hell's Little Empress? Have you felt the burning atmosphere and the rage of a Bloody Mary? Have you challenged Slaughter City's Hell Road?"

"A DEATH GOD SO YOUNG?!" they panicked. "Please, let us go! We won't cause Shrek Academy any more strife! We promise!"

Ru Shenqi's eyes blazed once more before she recalled her Death God Domain. Once the pressure was gone, the Shen Feng Branch students turned tail and fled. Scoffing again, she crossed her arms, shook her head, and turned around to face her companions.

"Now we can eat breakfast in peace."

The others nodded, and she sat back down. After they had finished their food, the group headed out, leaving Soutuo City behind them.

<><><>

Back in Heaven Dou City, Flender and Zhao Wuji led the children over to the Saint Spirit Hall. At the doors, two guards stopped them. 

"Are you here to register or report?"

"These four children are reporting new spirit rings," Flender replied.

Moments later, the front doors opened. Out stepped a middle aged woman, features radiant and with a stern expression.

"I'm Tong Ai2佟爱 - given name meaning "love", a Spirit Saint here at Saint Spirit Hall. Who's coming to report?"

Each of the children raised their hands. She looked at the four and then beckoned them inside. They turned around to look at Flender and Zhao Wuji who waved at them to follow the Spirit Saint. The children nodded and entered the Saint Spirit Hall.

Inside, Ru Shenqi, Liao Suyin, Fang Youyou, and Ming Yong trailed behind Tong Ai. They gaped in awe at the magnificent stained glass that lined the corridor's walls. The cool tile floor reflected the light, illuminating every bit of the place.

When they arrived at a door on the left, Tong Ai opened it. "Go on in."

The children nodded and stepped inside first. Tong Ai entered last, closing the door behind her. She walked over to the crystal ball in the center of the room. Similar to the testing room in Vast Sea City, a mosaic of Spirit Empire's insignia sat in the middle of the floor.

"Which one of you will report first?"

Ming Yong stepped forward and bowed respectfully. "Ming Yong, spirit Seven String Dragon Qin, twenty first ranked Spirit System Battle Spirit Master."

His two yellow hundred year spirit rings spun around his feet. Tong Ai nodded and motioned to the crystal ball. Ming Yong rested his hand on it, and indeed he had twenty first rank spirit power.

"Good. Next."

Liao Suyin stepped forward. "Liao Suyin, spirit Jade Poison Tarantula, twenty second ranked Power Attack System Battle Spirit Master."

Her two yellow hundred spirit rings danced close to the ground, swirling about her feet. Tong Ai waved to the crystal ball again. Liao Suyin stepped forward and place her palm on it. The crystal glowed, showing she did have twenty second ranked spirit power.

"Very good. Next."

Ru Shenqi motioned for Fang Youyou to go. So he bowed and said, "Fang Youyou, spirit Rainbow Colored Flowering Lotus, twenty first ranked Auxiliary System Spirit Master."

He displayed both of his yellow hundred year spirit rings. Following the routine, he reached out and felt the cool crystal. It glowed, recognizing his twenty first rank spirit power. Satisfied, Tong Ai nodded.

"Good. Next."

Ru Shenqi finally stepped forward. She, too, bowed and proclaimed, "Ru Shenqi, spirit Clear Crystal Eyes, forty eighth ranked Control System Battle Spirit Master."

Tong Ai eyed her doubtfully. "Child, don't lie. It's not becoming."

Ru Shenqi released her spirit. Her eyes flashed, becoming lucent and clear. Her four black decade millennium spirits rings descended. They bounced around her feet. The pitch black, nearly century millennium spirit ring gave off a powerful and domineering presence. Tong Ai stared in shock. Spirit Masters could lie, but their number of spirit rings could not. Ru Shenqi had spoken the truth.

"Spirit Saint, may I prove my spirit power now?"

Dumbstruck, Tong Ai could only nod. Ru Shenqi laid her hand down on the crystal ball. Soon, the room flooded with light. Again, she had spoken the truth. She was a forty eighth ranked Spirit Ancestor.

"I- I can't believe this," Tong Ai muttered. "This is unbelievable!"

"When my spirit awakened, I had full innate spirit power. Thanks to my spirit rings, my spirit power boost has also not been terrible. Hence, why I'm where I am now," Ru Shenqi explained.

Liao Suyin asked, "Spirit Saint, may we go report our new ranks now?"

Tong Ai nodded and started for the door. The children filed out after her and followed over to the registration desk. There, new lines appeared on each of their badges.

Ming Yong's read: Twenty First Ranked Spirit Grandmaster, Registration Time: Douluo Calendar Year 2654, Registered at Heaven Dou City Saint Spirit Hall

Liao Suyin's read: Twenty Second Ranked Spirit Grandmaster, Registration Time: Douluo Calendar Year 2654, Registered at Heaven Dou City Saint Spirit Hall

Fang Youyou's read: Twenty First Ranked Spirit Grandmaster, Registration Time: Douluo Calendar Year 2654, Registered at Heaven Dou City Saint Spirit Hall

Ru Shenqi's read: Forty Eighth Ranked Spirit Ancestor, Registration Time: Douluo Calendar Year 2654, Registered at Heaven Dou City Saint Spirit Hall

Once the four children had gotten their badges etched, they bid goodbye to Tong Ai and headed outside. There, they met up with Flender and Zhao Wuji.

"Kids, how did it go?" Zhao Wuji asked.

"Good, good. We got our new ranks marked," Liao Suyin replied. The others nodded in agreement with her.

"Very good!" Flender clapped. "Now, we can return to Shrek Academy."

Nervousness flooded Ru Shenqi. While the other children looked relieved to be returning, she was scared, worried she wasn't going to belong or fit in. Biting her lip, she debated slipping away while no one was noticing. But then she shook her head.

Shrek Academy is the best place for me. Dean Flender and the others are very kind to me, even though they've just met me. I shouldn't have anything to worry about.

16