18. Heaven Dou City Grand Spirit Arena
486 2 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After a year of vigorous training, Shrek's newest battle team was finally ready for a group battle.

Flender, Yu Xiaogang, and Liu Erlong led the group over to Heaven Dou City's Grand Spirit Arena. On the way, the children chatted amongst themselves.

"I can't believe we can finally compete in a real battle," Ming Yong exclaimed.

"It's surreal," Liao Suyin agreed.

Thanks to Yu Xiaogang's strict schedule, each of them had made great progress in physical strength and in spirit power.

"Xiao Shen, are you nervous?" Gu Xingyun asked.

Even though they were the eldest and youngest of the group, Gu Xingyun and Ru Shenqi were closest to each other.

She nodded. "Just a bit. I mean, I've battled one on one before, but nothing like a group battle. Most of my spirit master career so far has been training and hiding my true strength. So I'm not that experienced."

Hearing her, Yu Xiaogang piped up, "That's why you all are going to spend a year competing at the Grand Spirit Arena. Hopefully, you will gain plentiful battle experience from it."

When the group approached the magnificent, circular building, seven pairs of eyes went wide. Indeed, it was Heaven Dou City's Grand Spirit Arena. The Golden Iron Triangle led the group inside and over to the registration desk. A woman, seemingly in her mid-twenties, smiled as they approached.

"Welcome to the Grand Spirit Arena. Are you here to register or to enlist in a battle?"

"Both," Flender said. "These seven would like to compete."

The woman looked at all of them. Confusion flickered in her eyes.

Since Ru Shenqi was too powerful, Yu Xiaogang had chosen to have all the teams members wear a mask, not letting anyone be able to recognize any of the children.

"Sure, sure."

She handed each child an iron badge. "The ranking goes like this. For each win, there will be a gain of one point. You need so many points to advance to the next badge. After Iron come Silver, after Silver comes Gold, after Gold comes Platinum, after Platinum comes Diamond, which is our highest ranking. Each of you will be sorted into groups based on your spirit ranking, so twenty something ranked spirit masters won't fight thirty something ranked spirit masters, with a few exceptions."

The children nodded.

"You can only compete in one battle a day but can compete in different battles within a day. So if you wish to fight in a group match but also a solo match, that can be done. There just can't be two group matches in a day."

The children nodded again.

"Good. What would you like to sign up for?"

Six of the seven chose one on one. Ru Shenqi paired up with Gu Xingyun for a dual match. Ming Yong and Fang Youyou paired for another dual match. Liao Suyin, Shu Jiaxiang, and Bai Shanxin chose a trio match. Then, they signed up for a group match.

"Alright, what name would you like on your group badge?"

Yu Xiaogang spoke up, "Shrek Seven Tyrants."

The lady nodded and typed it in. An Iron badge was printed out. She handed it over to Yu Xiaogang.

"Solo rounds will be first. Good luck."

Everyone made their way over to the solo competition stage. There, they waited for their turns. When each of the seven had competed, it went like this:

Ming Yong- 1 win

Liao Suyin - 1 win

Shu Jiaxiang- 1 win

Bai Shanxin- 1 win

Gu Xingyun - 1 win

Ru Shenqi - 1 win

Fang Youyou, being an Auxiliary System spirit master, didn't fight in the one on ones.

The Golden Iron Triangle and Shrek Seven Tyrants walked over to a different stage for the duo and trio competitions. Each group had come up with names. There were as follows:

Triple Beauties - Shu Jiaxiang, Bai Shanxin, Liao Suyin

Flowering Song - Fang Youyou, Ming Yong

Hell's Duo - Ru Shenqi, Gu Xingyun

The first small group to go up was Flowering Song. The others watched as Fang Youyou and Ming Yong prepared to go on stage.

The announcer flew down and called out, "Let us welcome a never before seen group to the stage! Introducing Flowering Song!"

The two boys climbed the stairs and stepped up onto the stage. A boy and a girl, both seemingly seventeen or eighteen, stood on the other side.

"Flowering Song will be competing against a team with eight consecutive wins and zero losses. Good luck to all spirit masters," the announcer said.

The stage lit up as spirits were released. A total of eight spirit rings glowed.

Two yellow hundred year spirit rings danced around both Fang Youyou and Ming Yong. A rainbow colored lotus appeared in Fang Youyou's right hand. An ebony black seven stringed qin with a golden dragon design on the top appeared in front of Ming Yong.

On the other side, the boy had one white ten year spirit ring and one yellow hundred year spirit ring. The girl had two yellow hundred year spirit rings. They were both twenty ninth ranked spirit Grandmasters. The boy's spirit erupted, and grey fur sprouted over his body. His spirit, Silver Wolf, was a Power Attack System. The girl's spirit appeared in her hands. It was Hooked Dagger, making her another Power Attack System spirit master.

The crowd murmured, "Two Power Attacks versus an Auxiliary and perhaps Control? This fight has no suspense at all."

Ming Yong's eyes narrowed. Looking down, he played a few harmonic notes. His first spirit ring flared. Two qin strings suddenly flew from the instrument, wrapping around both Power Attack system spirit masters.

The crowd looked on dumbfounded. They had forgotten one crucial fact. Control system can control Power Attack system. Even though Ming Yong hadn't declared his Spirit System, his first spirit skill truly resembled a Control System's work.

The battle was over almost before it had begun. Fang Youyou hadn't even had to use his spirit skills.

The announcer flew down proclaiming, "Flowering Song, one win, zero losses. Silver Dagger, eight wins, one loss."

Satisfied, Fang Youyou and Ming Yong exited the stage. They returned to the waiting area where the others were. Flender was beaming.

"Yong, good work. Everyone here always assumes you're a Control System spirit master. Youyou, see if you can help Yong recover some spiritual power."

Nodding, Fang Youyou walked a few steps away with Ming Yong. Ming Yong sat down in the lotus position and began to meditate. Unlike other spirit masters, his spirit was actually a spiritual-type spirit, despite it being a qin. With that, he could only use spiritual power, not spirit power1Spirit power (soul power) comes from a spirit master's spirit (soul) and spirit rings. Spiritual power comes from the innate existence of a spirit master. Spirit bones can enhance spirit power or spiritual power..

"Next up, we have another new group! Let's welcome the Triple Beauties to the stage to fight the Brothers Trigram!"

Liao Suyin, Shu Jiaxiang, and Bai Shanxin stepped up onto the stage. Across from them were three identical teenage boys, triplets.

"Alright, good luck to all spirit masters. Release your spirits!" the announcer cried.

Twelve spirit rings glowed on stage. On Triple Beauties' side, six yellow rings spun, the optimal configurations. On the Brothers Trigram, two brother had double yellow rings. The third triplet had one white ten year spirit ring along with one hundred year spirit ring.

Liao Suyin's Jade Poison Tarantula appeared. Eight jade legs sprouted from her back. Shu Jiaxiang's Shadow Cheetah released. Two cat ears appeared on her head, and her black nails lengthened to sharp claws. Bai Shanxin's Needle-Tailed Swift spirit erupted. Beautiful white wings appeared on her back, and her eyes sharpened.

On the other side, only one spirit showed. The brothers all had the same spirit, Sapphire Ring.

Power Attack and Agility Attack versus Control spirit masters. This battle would be tough.

But then, Shu Jiaxiang suddenly disappeared. Bai Shanxin took to the air while Liao Suyin ran forward. Shu Jiaxiang appeared behind one brother and before he could react or activate a spirit skill, she used her second spirit skill, Shadow Cheetah Claw. Her black nails grew, and she swiped at him, thoroughly knocking him off the stage. Defeated.

One brother down, two to go.

Bai Shanxin was flying around, not even using any spirit abilities. Instead, the brother who had targeted her kept using his first spirit ability to keep locking his Sapphire Ring onto her. But since she came from the infamous Speed Hall of Tang Sect, how could she be caught so easily? She wore down her opponent until he had no spirit power left and had to concede.

Two brothers down, one to go.

Liao Suyin's jade legs kept breaking the Sapphire Ring each time it descended and tightened around her. Suddenly, Shu Jiaxiang appeared beside her. Taking her hand, she let her zoom closer to the last triplet. One of Liao Suyin's legs cut the brother's arm. Due to her poison, the arm swelled purple almost immediately.

"I- concede," he gritted out.

Liao Suyin withdrew the poison and walked over to the center of the stage with Shu Jiaxiang. Bai Shanxin slowly descended and landed beside them.

The audience couldn't believe it. But then they erupted into applause. The announcer flew over.

"Unbelievable! The newcomers Triple Beauties have beaten our undefeated veteran team, Brothers Trigram!"

The three girls left the stage and returned to the waiting area. Congratulations rang out from all the other Shrek Seven Tyrants. Even the Golden Iron Triangle members looked very pleased.

Then they heard, "For our last battle of the night, we have a third new group. But this group is not like the twentieth ranked groups we saw before. For this battle, we have two fortieth ranked groups going head-to head."

Ru Shenqi and Gu Xingyun walked over to the base of the stairs. They waited for the announcer to announce them.

"Let's welcome the Iron badged Hell's Duo to the stage. In this pair, we have a forty ninth ranked Spirit Ancestor and a thirty ninth ranked Spirit Elder. Today, they will face the Gold badged Infinity Thorns.

Ru Shenqi and Gu Xingyun eyed each other. But they weren't afraid. No, instead they were smirking. After much deliberation, the only instructions they had gotten from Yu Xiaogang was to not reveal their Death God Domains. The two climbed the stairs and took their places on stage.

The duo they faced were two twenty-something year old men. When they saw Ru Shenqi, they wavered.

"Mei mei," the one man called out. "Are you sure you should be here? Turn back now, this senior doesn't want to hurt you."

Ru Shenqi tilted her head. She peered up at Gu Xingyun.

"Xingyun, is this man looking down on me? Will you avenge me later?"

He chuckled. "Avenge you? How? Let me tell you, you should be the one to avenge me. I'm not even fortieth rank yet."

The audience gasped, shocked. They had assumed Ru Shenqi was the thirty ninth ranked Spirit Elder. Who knew that the shorter masked person before them was actually the forty ninth ranked Spirit Ancestor?!

"Alright, alright, release your spirits!"

Gu Xingyun grinned. Golden fur sprouted, and his muscles bulged with enhancing strength. He let out a roar as two yellow hundred year spirit rings and one purple millennium year spirit ring descended and oscillated around his feet.

The two men on the other side released their spirits. One man had a green turtle shell appear, protecting his abdomen and chest in the front and his back. A deep black halberd appeared in the other man's hand.

"Does mei mei regret now?" the other man asked.

Ru Shenqi shook her head. "Seniors might though."

She closed her eyes and felt the fire rising within her. Opening her eyes, she released her Fire Dragon Domain. With a roar, fire spewed from her mouth. Cries of shock and alarm went up from the crowd. The announcer's jaw dropped. Pure horror filled the faces of the two men.

They cried at the same time, "WE ADMIT DEFEAT!"

Ru Shenqi's bright, childish laughter rang throughout the arena. "Ge, does anyone have to avenge anyone? Hahahahahahahaha!"

Gu Xingyun chuckled.

The announcer flew down. "In all my years, I have never seen such a sight! Such a powerful spirit master so young! And with one of the top elemental innate domains! What an amazing child!"

"Let's go."

Ru Shenqi and Gu Xingyun headed back to the waiting area. There, they high-fived the others.

"Xiao Shen is so lucky. Just by showing your Fire Dragon Domain, the other team gives in. If only we all were so lucky," Liao Suyin breathed.

Yu Xiaogang cut in, "It's not good that so many have seen Xiao Shen's innate domain. Word will quickly spread throughout Heaven Dou City. I had to decide whether Xiao Shen and Xingyun should've just exerted their Dominance and let that be it. But it would've shown that two new Death Gods have emerged on the Continent. And Xiao Shen, you definitely cannot show your spirit rings. No matter what."

"Xiao Shen understands, Grandmaster."

"Good."

Liu Erlong nodded. "We should go over to the arena for the group matches. It's almost time for the Shrek Seven Tyrants to compete."

The rest agreed and quickly left the small group arena. They headed over to the group match arena, which wasn't the main stage, but just about.

Once there, they almost immediately heard, "Battling the Astral Battle Team today, is a group this Spirit Arena has never seen before, though the Academy name is one we cannot forget! Let's welcome the Shrek Seven Tyrants!"

14