21. The School of Four Elements
412 2 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After having a full month of training under Yu Xiaogang, Ru Shenqi and Fang Youyou were stronger physically and mentally. After running for a whole day, they had already made it about a fourth of the way to Star Dou Great Forest.

They came upon a small town and entered the local inn. Inside, the two sat down at a table.

"Waiter!" Ru Shenqi called.

A man soon slid over and asked, "What can I get you two?"

After ordering, Fang Youyou asked, "Xiao Shen... do you think we'll be able to meet up with Dean Flender and the others?"

"I don't know. I can use my eyesight to try and see as much as I can, but we will have to wander a bit."

"My spirit abilities are good right now, but I lack the ability to provide spirit power support and also defense support. What should I get for my next soul beast?"

Ru Shenqi shook her head. "I'm not Grandmaster. If we meet up with him, he should be able to give you a more accurate answer. But... you definitely need a purple millennium spirit ring. According to you, preferably one with good defense or a strong spirit power regeneration skill."

"And what spirit beasts would satisfy that?"

"Let me think about it."

"Okay."

The waiter returned with their food, and they dug in. As they were eating, people from the School of Four Elements entered. There were some with Chi Huo outfits, some with Shen Feng outfits, some with Lei Ting1雷霆 - "Thunderclap" outfits, and some with Tian Shui2天水 - "Skywater" outfits. The students noticed the Shrek Academy uniforms and walked over.

"Well, well, well, what's two students from Shrek Academy doing here?"

Fang Youyou was about to speak when Ru Shenqi grabbed his wrist. He looked at her, and she shook her head.

"You dare not even speak to us?! Shrek Academy, just who do you think you are?!" one boy in a Chi Huo outfit snapped.

Ru Shenqi stood up and glared at him. "A Spirit Ancestor."

The others laughed. They all released their spirits and shows their three and four spirit rings, all with the optimal configuration. Fang Youyou gulped. Ru Shenqi's fists clenched. She could feel her blood boiling. Her slaughter intent and heinous spirit surged. Fang Youyou stood up beside her, eyes narrowed.

Ru Shenqi murmured, "Fire Dragon Domain."

Flames suddenly burst from her body. The students from the School of Four Elements gasped.

"A fire attribute spirit master?!"

Thank you, Father, for giving me this domain.

She raised her chin. "That's right. First skill, Fire Dragon Tail Whip!"

She burned her flames hotter and flicked out her golden wire. The fire dashed down the wire and turned into a fiery whip. Eyes widened. Fang Youyou smirked.

"First spirit skill, Flowering Lotus Blossom!"

Ru Shenqi gained a five percent stamina boost and flicked her wire as far out as it would go. Chi Huo branch students stepped forward and guarded against her flames. Fang Youyou whispered in Ru Shenqi's ear.

"Xiao Shen... can you keep up appearances?"

"I don't know. I don't have anything else to use. Perhaps we need to call for Teacher Lu Jibin."

"And get embarrassed in front of so many students from the School of Four Elements? No thanks."

"Well then, what do you suggest we do?" she hissed.

"The Thousand Hands Asura, Tang San, himself has a decade millennium spirit ring for his fourth ring. Perhaps you can reveal that?"

"But they'll realize immediately that I'm not really a fire attribute spirit master. Grandmaster said not to show my spirit as much as possible."

"What about your Death God Domain?"

She swallowed and nodded.

Glaring at the students opposite them, she called out, "Death God Domain, Evolved Skill: Demon Hell!"

Eyes widened.

A sudden chill fell over the inn. Ice suddenly shot from Ru Shenqi and started snaking towards the others. All of the other students were suddenly froze in ice, even the Tian Shui branch spirit masters. Because of Ru Shenqi's Dominance and her heinous spirit, none of the other could escape her control. A smirk tugged at the corner of her mouth.

"Good work, Xiao Shen."

"Are you ready to go, Youyou? I want to leave."

He nodded. "I'm full. Let's pay and go."

She put down a few gold spirit coins and started for the door. Fang Youyou was right beside her. As they passed the students from the School of Four Elements, Ru Shenqi recalled her Death God Domain. Turning her head, she glared at them. They glared right back.

Then, she and Fang Youyou were gone. They ran and ran towards Star Dou Great Forest. On the way, they had no more troubles.

<><><>

When they finally reached Star Dou Great Forest, Ru Shenqi and Fang Youyou entered. She immediately activated her spirit and stretched her vision as far as possible. When she didn't see anyone, she retracted her spirit.

"We need to start heading in. I can't see them yet."

"Alright."

They stepped forward and plunged into the trees. After four hours of wandering the Great Forest, Ru Shenqi sent out her spirit again. Her vision enhanced to its peak, and she turned her head. Just as she was about to give up again, she noticed familiar golden hair.

"Xingyun!"

She grabbed Fang Youyou's hand and dashed off. He ran with her and headed deeper into the forest. When they suddenly burst into a more open area, the others turned around.

Flender stepped forward. "Xiao Shen? Youyou?"

Yu Xiaogang asked, "What are you both doing here?"

"Youyou has broken through to the thirtieth level. I escorted him here. Teacher Lu Jibin followed us secretly in case we ran into any real trouble," Ru Shenqi explained.

"Well, Xingyun, Suyin, Yong, Jiaxiang, and Shanxin have all gotten their third spirit rings. We were just about to leave. You're lucky you caught up with us."

Fang Youyou said, "It's all thanks to Xiao Shen. She used her spirit to find you guys."

"Xiao Shen, did you two meet with any trouble?"

She shook her head. "Just some students from the School of Four Elements. Youyou and I sorted things out."

"More like she froze them out."

Yu Xiaogang guessed, "You revealed your Death God Domain?"

She nodded. "I first used my fire whip, but the fire spirit masters would've countered me easily. I didn't want to reveal my spirit rings in such a public place, so... I had no choice but to use the Death God Domain."

"That's fine. As long as you keep some things secret."

Fang Youyou approached Yu Xiaogang. "Grandmaster, I want to make up for where I'm lacking now: defense and spirit power aid. What spirit beast suits me this time?"

15