27. Seven Tyrants’ Three Substitutes
406 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the last year before the Advanced Spirit Master Grand Competition began, the Golden Iron Triangle started their search for suitable substitutes for their little Tyrants. They all had to admit, Liu Erlong had lost the first battle with them before having retaliated.

The Golden Iron Triangle decided to set up a school-wide Spirit Tournament. Spirit Elders or above could compete. Thirty six students entered the tournament. After one round, eighteen were eliminated, leaving eighteen still in. One week later, another round finished up leaving nine spirit masters in the running. A week after that, the Shrek Seven Tyrants and the Golden Iron Triangle settled in to watch the last three duels.

In the first battle of the day, two boys entered the courtyard. They saluted to each other.

"Fu Jijian1符极简 - "Minimalist", spirit Tiger Emperor, thirty eighth ranked Power Attack System Battle Spirit Master. Please."

"Gong Xi2宫希 - "Hope", spirit Shining Citrine Cobra, thirty ninth ranked Power Attack System Battle Spirit Master. Please."

They released their spirits, and the battle began.

"First spirit skill, Tiger Hellfire!"

Gong Xi dodged out of the way, and released his third spirit skill. "Citrine Cobra Charm!"

Stunning Fu Jijian, Gong Xi immediately said, "Second spirit skill, Citrine Cobra Lunge!"

With increased speed, he shot forward towards the other boy. As he passed by, he released a toxic gas. Woken from his stupor, Fu Jijian roared, "Second spirit skill, Tiger Outrage!"

A flashing barrier appeared around Fu Jijian. He defended against the toxic gas and swiped out with his tiger claws at Gong Xi. The two recalled their spirits and began to brawl with just their fists.

After the hour long exchange, Fu Jijian finally conceded. The eighteen year old Gong Xi turned towards the Golden Iron Triangle. Dipping his head, he looked down. A few locks of his citrine colored hair fell in front of his eyes.

Yu Xiaogang walked forward. "Congratulations, Gong Xi. You've become one of our three substitutes."

"I'm honored to fight for the Shrek team."

"The Shrek Seven Tyrants will be lucky to have you help them."

Gong Xi nodded and stepped off to join the Shrek Seven Tyrants on the side. Ru Shenqi was the first to smile.

"Welcome to the team."

The Shrek Seven Devils introduced themselves.

"Ming Yong, spirit Seven Stringed Dragon Qin, thirty seventh ranked Spirit System Battle Spirit Master."

"Shu Jiaxiang, spirit Shadow Cheetah, thirty eighth ranked Power Attack System and Agility Attack System Battle Spirit Master."

"Fang Youyou, spirit Rainbow Colored Flowering Lotus, thirty sixth ranked Auxiliary System Spirit Master."

"Bai Shanxin, spirit Needle-Tailed Swift, thirty eighth ranked Agility Attack System Battle Spirit Master."

"Liao Suyin, spirit Jade Poison Tarantula, thirty seventh ranked Power Attack System Battle Spirit Master."

"Gu Xingyun, spirit Heavenly Golden Lion, forty sixth ranked Power Attack System Battle Spirit Master."

"Ru Shenqi, spirit Clear Crystal Eyes, fifty ninth ranked Control System Battle Spirit Master."

Gong Xi stared at them, but he mostly gaped at Ru Shenqi. "Mei mei, are you really?"

She nodded. All seven released their spirit rings. Five Spirit Elders with the optimal configuration of two yellow and one purple spirit ring. One Spirit Ancestor with an outstanding configuration of two yellow, one purple, and one black spirit ring. One Spirit King with an unbelievable configuration of four black and one red spirit ring.

Other than the Shrek Seven Tyrants, none of the other Shrek Academy students had seen Ru Shenqi's rings configuration yet. When he saw the tyrannical black and red rings, he stumbled backwards and nearly fainted. She smirked.

"As I said, welcome to the team."

He bowed his head quickly. "I don't deserve to be with such a group."

The others laughed. "Hey, some of us are still Spirit Elders just like you! Xiao Shen is just too outstanding!"

<><><>

After the fifteen minute interlude, a boy and a girl stepped into the courtyard. They approached each other and saluted.

"Zhang Anlǜ3张暗绿 - "Dark Green", spirit Phoenix Staff, forty second ranked Power Attack System Battle Spirit Master. Please."

"Xu Tian4许甜 - "Sweet", spirit Dazzling Golden Rope, forty fourth ranked Control System Battle Spirit Master. Please."

They each released their spirits, and the battle began.

"First spirit skill, Phoenix Aura!"

As flames lit up along the staff, Xu Tian took a step back. "First spirit skill, Dazzling Whip!"

Her rope spirit flew out and struck at the Phoenix Staff. With a hiss, it bounced off. Xu Tian spun closer and tried again. This time, she cut Zhang Anlǜ's arm. Instantly, she activated her second spirit skill.

"Dazzling Lasso!"

She spun her rope until it became a lasso. She threw it over towards her opponent, but was blocked by the staff. Instead, the lasso wound around it. Figuring that would work too, Xu Tian yanked on it, flinging Zhang Anlǜ off to the side. After the other girl had landed out of bounds, the match was over. The twenty year old Xu Tian turned towards the Golden Iron Triangle and the Shrek team.

Saluting, she said, "Xu Tian greets teachers."

Flender leaned over. "Xiaogang, will she work to replace Xiao Shen? She's a forty fourth ranked Control System spirit master after all."

Yu Xiaogang nodded. "Yes, I think she'll do nicely as Xiao Shen's replacement."

He stepped forward and said, "Congratulations, Xu Tian. You've become one of our three substitutes."

"I'm honored to fight for Shrek Academy."

"The team is lucky to have you."

Xu Tian looked towards her peers. This time, Ming Yong smiled.

"Welcome to the Shrek team. In the future, perhaps we can practice together. Your rope and my qin strings are very similar and have similar abilities it seems. If we exchange pointers some time, then maybe we'll find each other's flaws and strengths."

"I'd like that, thank you," she replied and nodded.

The Shrek Seven Tyrants again introduced themselves. As expected, Ru Shenqi's spirit ring configuration rendered Xu Tian speechless.

"W- what k- kind of ring configuration is this?!" she cried.

Ru Shenqi laughed out loud. "Xu Tian, you should know that I cannot compete until the finals. Until then, you will fight with the Shrek team in my place. You're a Control System spirit master, and without me, that's what this team is lacking."

Confused, Xu Tian turned towards Ming Yong. "B- but what about you?"

He smiled. "I'm a spirit system. Though I resemble a control system spirit master, I truly am not one."

"Xu Tian," Ru Shenqi spoke up. "Grandmaster and Dean Flender would not have chosen you as my replacement unless they believed in you. Don't worry, Xingyun will lead the team, since he's the vice captain, but you will have to get to know the rest of the Shrek Seven Tyrants well enough to be able to take control of the battlefield in the Advanced Spirit Master Grand Competition. They will listen to you, but you need to know where to have them go, what to have them do, and be able to trust them."

"Xu Tian understands."

The Golden Iron Triangle looked on, pleased. Happiness brimmed in each of their expressions.

<><><>

After the fifteen minute interlude was over, the last duo stepped into the courtyard. Two boys approached each other and saluted.

"Han Niansui5韩年岁 - "Yearning", spirit Dark Cloak, thirty ninth ranked Power Attack System and Agility Attack System Battle Spirit Master. Please."

"Cui Kai6崔凯 - "Triumphant", spirit Air Blade, fortieth ranked Power Attack System Battle Spirit Master. Please."

The two released their spirits, and the battle began.

Before Cui Kai could speak, Han Niansui called out, "First spirit skill, Dark Cover!"

Soon, the entire area went black. Nobody could see anything. All they heard was a, "Second spirit skill, Air Blade Clap!"

But Cui Kai was completely restricted by Han Niansui.

"Third spirit skill, Dark Wraith! Second spirit skill, Dark Clone!"

Within a few seconds, Cui Kai went sailing out of the Dark Cover's range. The nineteen year old Han Niansui had won the battle in under a minute. He retracted the Dark Cover and saluted towards the Golden Iron Triangle and the Shrek team.

"Han Niansui greets teachers."

Yu Xiaogang stepped forward. "Congratulations, Han Niansui. You've assumed the last position for our substitutes."

Shu Jiaxiang beamed. "Han Niansui, my spirit is the Shadow Cheetah. Perhaps, we could exchange pointers in the future?"

He nodded. "Yes, our spirits are quite compatible. I think that's not a bad idea."

The Shrek Seven Tyrants introduced themselves, bringing a shock all over again. The other two substitutes introduced themselves. Just then, Flender cleared his throat.

"I think it's a good time to have our three new members see just how powerful the Shrek Seven Tyrants are. Children, tomorrow, the Shrek Seven Tyrants will fight against the new team members. Be wary of any spirit skills that are unknown. Now, Gong Xi, Xu Tian, and Han Niansui, I'm not going to hang you three out to dry, so come with me. Xiaogang, Erlong, and I will debrief you all about the Shrek Seven Tyrants abilities. That way, you won't be fighting them with no knowledge whatsoever. They saw your display today, we'll tell you about theirs."

"DEAN!" the Shrek Seven Tyrants protested.

Yu Xiaogang added, "It only makes it fair. Plus, it's also seven against three, so we will do anything to help them not lose within three seconds. You seven are just too tyrannical."

Unable to argue further, the Shrek Seven Tyrants grumbled and turned on their heels. As they walked away, Flender chuckled. Liu Erlong clapped him over the head.

"If you really want to make it fair, don't have Xiao Shen fight. They'll lose to her spirit abilities immediately."

"No, Xiao Shen needs this experience. She needs to see more spirit masters in battle," Yu Xiaogang interrupted.

"But without her, they won't be able to combine their Death God Domains."

"I won't allow it tomorrow. That and their spirit bones. The three spirit bones this team has are too strong. If Xiao Shen can aid in defeat without using her fifth spirit ring ability, then that will prove just how powerful she is. Being able to use control abilities only to attack is a rarity. Xiao San could do it. Bibi Dong could do it. If Xiao Shen can as well, then that will be good."

Liu Erlong hmphed, but didn't say another word.

The trio of students followed the Golden Iron Triangle to Flender's office. As they perused the Shrek Seven Tyrants' information, their eyes bugged.

"So much power?! AND AT THEIR AGES?!"

10