28. Shrek Battle Team vs Shrek Battle Team
372 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day, the Shrek Seven Tyrants entered the courtyard. There, they waited. Soon, their three substitutes appeared with the Golden Iron Triangle right behind them.

Yu Xiaogang stepped forward and said, "Xiao Shen, to make things more fair, you cannot use your fifth spirit ability or your spirit bones. Xingyun, you cannot use your spirit bone either. Your combined Death God Domain is off limits as well."

Ru Shenqi grumbled in her heart but said, "Xiao Shen understands."

Next to her, Gu Xingyun repeated, "Xingyun understands."

"Good. This battle will end when one side concedes. Is everybody ready?" Flender asked.

Ten heads nodded simultaneously.

Liu Erlong called out, "Then release your spirits and begin!"

Ten spirits and thirty four rings lit up the courtyard. The surrounding area suddenly went dark as Han Niansui activated his first spirit skill and immediately followed up with his third spirit skill, Dark Wraith, which enhanced the attributes of his first skill. But Ru Shenqi's eyesight was boosted by decade millennium spirit beasts and a century millennium spirit beast. There was no way a Spirit Elder's spirit skill would work on her.

"First spirit skill, Clear Crystal Scatter."

Her night vision suddenly enhanced. Grinning, she immediately said, "Third spirit skill, Clear Crystal Armor."

As her sight enhanced again, she was also able to protect her friends. As Xu Tian came attack with her Dazzling Golden Rope, it hit no targets. Liao Suyin activated her third spirit skill, Tarantula Reign and dashed forward in the dark. Gu Xingyun roared and activated his second spirit skill, Heavenly Lion Thunder. Since his spirit power level was higher, his glowing white aura penetrated through the darkness.

"First spirit skill, Flowering Lotus Blossom!"

Under the stamina boost, the Shrek Seven Tyrants were even more tyrannical. Bai Shanxin flew up out of range and tried to watch for their three opponents. Shu Jiaxiang, relying on her cheetah's vision, shot through the dark and began to battle with Gong Xi. He released his second spirit skill, Citrine Cobra Lunge, but could not reach the speed of an agility attack spirit master like her. She dashed away, out running him. Ming Yong launched his first spirit skill, Dragon Qin Vine, thoroughly tying Gong Xi up. When Bai Shanxin saw the Dazzling Golden Rope shine as it transforms into a chain-like form, she activated her first spirit skill, Swift Dive, and headed straight for that Rope. Xu Tian's fourth spirit skill, Dazzling Chain, could be used as a weapon for brute force. But against a pure agility spirit master, it was basically useless. Ming Yong launched Dragon Qin Vine again, trapping her as well. Ru Shenqi relied on her eyesight to get close to Han Niansui.

If I can defeat him, this darkness will go away. But I can't use my spirit bones or my Death God Domain... wait.

Smirking, she roared, "Fire Dragon Domain!"

Red orange flames burst from her, scaring the darkness away.

Grandmaster never said I couldn't use my innate fire domain.

She appeared by Han Niansui and before he could react, she launched her first spirit skill, Clear Crystal Scatter. A Spirit Elder against a Spirit King? There was no way he could defend against her attack. He immediately became disoriented, losing control over Dark Cover.

She murmured, "Flight of Nine Stars."

Nine, tiny, shining stars shot out, creating their nonagon array. Spirit power slowly seeped away from Gong Xi, Xu Tian, and Han Niansui. Unable to power the Dark Cover anymore, light soon returned to the courtyard.

Just before the last bit of darkness disappeared, she called, "Second spirit skill, Clear Crystal Crypsis."

Once all of Dark Cover had faded away, everyone resembled either Gong Xi, Xu Tian, or Han Niansui. The Golden Iron Triangle's eyes bugged. They had never seen Ru Shenqi use her second spirit skill, not even in the Spirit Arena. For her to use it now... was her trump card.

Everyone stared at each other. They didn't know who was who. Not wanting to attack their allies, nine voices rose up in succession.

"We concede!"

The Golden Iron Triangle gaped. Ru Shenqi let out a fairy laugh and ended her imitation skill. When the people were revealed, everyone looked slightly embarrassed. Ru Shenqi laughed again and turned towards the teachers.

"Teachers, who won today?"

Yu Xiaogang was the first to recover. He cleared his throat and answered, "Admittedly, I forgot to ban your Fire Dragon Domain as well. But you've all done well. To be able to fight an equal battle under Han Niansui's Dark Cover is a great feat. Xu Tian, your fourth spirit skill is quite tyrannical, but you must understand how to use your spirit the best against spirit masters of other systems. Your Dazzling Chain will never work against Shanxin. The lag from the heaviness of the chain slows you down, while she can just speed away. Then, Yong was able to bind you with his qin strings. Next time, make sure to watch out for his spirit skills."

"Xu Tian understands. Thank you for your advice, Grandmaster."

He nodded and turned towards Gong Xi. "A similar thing happened to you. Yes, you increased your speed with your second spirit skill. But against a Power Attack and a Agility Attack spirit master, you still won't be fast enough. You should've tried using your first spirit skill to bind Jiaxiang so she couldn't escape. Instead, you also got wound up by Yong's qin string."

"Gong Xi understands. Thank you for your advice, Grandmaster."

Yu Xiaogang finally turned towards Han Niansui. "You were smart in thinking to cover the area with your Dark Cover, but you also hindered your teammates since they couldn't see in it. Remember to only use it when necessary and remember that you also are not fighting this battle alone. Xiao Shen was able to beat you because of the restriction from her innate fire domain. Next time, if that happens, recall the Dark Cover as quickly as possible so she doesn't have time to launch one of her spirit skills, especially her second one. None of us had seen her use it before, thus making the switch confusing and completely bringing the match to a standstill."

"Han Niansui understands. Thank you for your advice, Grandmaster."

Liu Erlong stepped forward and said, "Youyou."

"Third spirit skill, Flowering Lotus Regrowth."

All ten children suddenly felt in increase in their spirit power. They nodded towards Fang Youyou in thanks.

Flender clapped and said, "Well done, all of you, today. You've seen each other's strengths and weaknesses. Now, you'll just have to learn to work together. But for today, I want you to go back and cultivate the rest of the day."

Just then, two voices piped up. "Dean Flender, we've broken through to the fortieth level."

Flender gaped at Gong Xi and Han Niansui. Then he grinned. "That's great! Erlong, why don't you and Xiao Shen accompany them to Sunset Forest? There, perhaps they'll find a suitable spirit beast."

"Dean Flender, why do I have to go?" Ru Shenqi asked, confused.

"Because, child, you're a fifty ninth ranked spirit master. If you advance to the next level while you're there, then you can look for a spirit beast too."

She bowed her head. "Xiao Shen understands."

Liu Erlong rested a hand on her shoulder. "Don't worry. If anyone or any spirit beast dares to give us trouble, I will take care of them... or else my name isn't Liu Erlong!"

Yu Xiaogang chuckled and shook his head. "Erlong, don't traumatize them either."

She scoffed and said, "We'll take off right now. Okay?"

The three children nodded and followed Liu Erlong towards the front of the academy. Flender and Yu Xiaogang ushered the others back to cultivate.

<><><>

On the way to Sunset Forest, the small Shrek group came across a few rouge spirit masters in Heaven Dou City. Liu Erlong released her Scarlet Dragon spirit and taught them a lesson. Within moments, they were squealing and running away as fast as they could.

After that, they had no more trouble. Once they entered Sunset Forest, Liu Erlong turned towards them.

"Gong Xi, you'd do well with a poison attribute spirit beast. Your Cobra has good strike abilities, but no poison ones yet."

"Vice Dean Liu is wise. I'll follow your instruction."

"Good. Han Niansui, just about any spirit beast will be good for you. Is there anything in particular you want for a fourth spirit skill?"

"Maybe some sort of attack ability? I have my cloning skill, but it still relies on me to do the attacking."

Liu Erlong nodded. "I'm sure we'll find something. Xiao Shen, what about you?"

"Let the others get their rings first. If I advance in that time, then I'll think about it."

"Alright. Then, let's go."

They set off and started further into the forest. When they passed the hundred year spirit beast territory, they grew more on guard. After hearing Xiao Wu explain how spirit beast forests worked, Liu Erlong knew about the territorial differences between the different levels of spirit beasts.

She said, "We've entered the area for millennium year spirit beasts. Here, we can find hope to find suitable ones for Gong Xi and Han Niansui."

The other three nodded. Just then, Ru Shenqi released her spirit. Sending her vision out as far as she could, she turned in a circle, scanned the forest. Suddenly, she saw something that gave her goosebumps all over her arms. She shuddered.

"Vice Dean Liu, there's a Man Faced Demon Spider up ahead. It looks to be about a millennium year spirit beast."

7