33. Four Halls Academy Battle Team
434 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Poseidon had finished speaking, Tang San and Yu Xiaogang sat in bewilderment.

"Xiao Shen has the power of the Goddess of Nine Stars."

"Laoshi, is it fully activated God power? At twelve, can she really handle the full power of it?"

"It's probably not. She can use what she needs, but until she's strong enough, the full power probably won't be awakened. Her mother might've passed the God seat to her but put a restriction on it before she died."

"Are you sure it's safe to even reveal her in the competition then?"

"She's expecting to be able to compete in the finals. Plus, Hu Liena already knows about her."

"What? How does Spirit Empire's Supreme Pontiff already know about her?"

"Because she hunted Xiao Shen's third ring. She sent Xiao Shen to Slaughter City. If she didn't think Xiao Shen could survive Slaughter City at such a young age, then would she have bothered to take her there?"

"Hu Liena doesn't seem like the type to strengthen a spirit master for the enemy."

"That why I need Xiao Shen to go to Tang Sect after this Advanced Spirit Master Grand Competition is over."

"I'll accept her."

"Xiao San, thank you," Yu Xiaogang said as he clapped his disciple on the shoulder.

"Of course, Tang Sect could always use another little monster."

Yu Xiaogang gave a small smile. "It's settled then. Let's go see how our teams do."

<><><>

The School of Four Elements team beat the Heaven Dou Imperial Second Team. After cleaning up the stage and giving a thirty minute intermission, the officiant and spectators returned.

"Welcome back to the Advanced Spirit Master Grand Competition. Next up in the first round battles is the Shrek Academy Battle Team versus the Four Halls Academy Battle Team. Let's welcome both teams to the stage!"

Cheers and applause echoed throughout the stadium. On the Four Halls Academy Team, seven figures climbed the stairs and stood on the stage. On Shrek Academy's side, Bai Shanxin, Shu Jiaxiang, Fang Youyou, Gong Xi, Xu Tian, and Han Niansui did the same.

"Captains, meet!" the officiant called.

Bai Shanxin stepped forward. On the other team, a boy resembling her stepped forward.

"Shanxin, shall we see who's made more progress in the past years?"

Her eyes barely changed. "Shanli1白善力 - given name meaning "Good Power", you haven't changed. Just because you're my older brother, you think you're better."

"What, has my little sister caught up to me now? I'm a thirty ninth ranked Spirit Elder!"

Bai Shanxin smirked.

The officiant called, "Release your spirits!"

The Four Halls Academy displayed six Spirit Ancestors, and one Spirit Elder. Bai Shanli had the same spirit has Bai Shanxin, a perfect restriction. The rest of the team was composed of two Vigorous Orangutans from their Strength Hall, two Armor Plated Giant Rhinoceroses from their Defense Hall, and two Soul Breaking Spears from their Destruction Clan. A team filled with Power Attack Systems, Agility Attack Systems, and Defense Systems that lacked a Control System and an Auxiliary System could still be beaten.

Bai Shanxin knew this. When the Shrek team released their spirits, Bai Shanli's eyes widened.

"S- since when were you a Spirit Ancestor?!"

Bai Shanxin laughed. "A few months now. Keep up, older brother."

She took to the skies. After having worked with Shu Jiaxiang and Liao Suyin for so long, those two didn't need any further instructions. Liao Suyin motioned to Gong Xi, and they shot forward, beginning to battle the two Soul Breaking Spear spirit masters. Fang Youyou immediately boosted them all with his first spirit skill, Flowering Lotus Blossom and his fourth spirit skill, Flowering Lotus Ten Ton, which gave them all a ten percent strength boost.

Seeing this, Bai Shanli called out, "Watch out for that Auxiliary spirit master!"

Han Niansui activated his second spirit skill, Dark Clone, and used his copies to distract Bai Shanli in the skies. Xu Tian used her Dazzling Golden Rope to try and deal with the two Rhinos, but she wasn't having much luck. Their defense was impenetrable. Using Han Niansui's distraction Bai Shanxin activated her second spirit skill, Swift Flight, and flew forward.

"Fourth spirit skill, Swift Dance!"

Her fourth spirit skill improved her maneuverability but also gave her a close range attack. What she called Air Strike, used the air around her wings to beat back another airborne opponent. She used exactly this to blow her brother out of bounds.

Meanwhile, Shu Jiaxiang was helping Xu Tian battle the two Rhinos. Even though, they could defend against physical attacks, airborne ones were still plausible.

"Third spirit skill, Shadow Cheetah Fog!"

"Third spirit skill, Dazzling Ribbon!"

With Shu Jiaxiang's poisonous fog and Xu Tian's blinding ribbon, cracks began to appear in the Rhinos' defense. The two girls shot forward. Shu Jiaxiang activated her fourth spirit ability, Shadow Cheetah Ether. Her body became ethereal and invincible to all attacks. All of her attributes also increased by five percent. Immediately afterwards, she activated her second spirit skill, Shadow Cheetah Claw. One of the Rhinos sent a solo strike at her, but all it did was pass right through her ethereal body. Close to him now, she became "solid" again and quickly swiped at him. He flew away, and Xu Tian used her second spirit skill, Dazzling Lasso to catch him and send him flying off the stage. Shu Jiaxiang and Xu Tian eyed the other Rhino. He released his fourth spirit skill, a gravity increase skill. The two girls dropped to their knees.

On the other side of the stage, Gong Xi and Liao Suyin were more defending against the Soul Breaking Spears than actively fighting. Just then, Liao Suyin nodded to him. He activated his second spirit skill, Citrine Cobra Lunge, but pulled backwards. He immediately activated his third spirit skill, Citrine Cobra Charm, momentarily stunning the opponents. Liao Suyin took this opportunity to rush forward. She activated her third spirit skill, Tarantula Reign to oppress the opponents while also protecting herself with the full body jade armor.

"Fourth spirit skill, Tarantula Web!"

Sticky white spiderwebs shot out from her, clinging to the bodies of the two Soul Breaking Spear spirit masters. They released their fourth spirit skills, breaking her webs. But she had given Gong Xi enough time to slip behind them. He activated his fourth spirit skill, Citrine Cobra Gu. Multiple tiny balls filled with gu poison shot from his mouth. They flew towards the two spirit masters. As the ran to avoid them, they came into contact with Liao Suyin's first spirit skill, Tarantula Bite. Her legs pricked each of them just as the balls exploded against their backs, making the drop to the ground, heavily poisoned.

Han Niansui, meanwhile, was using his blade-like quills and Dark Wraith enhancement to fend off the two Vigorous Orangutans.

"Third spirit skill, Flowering Lotus Regrowth!"

After Fang Youyou boosted everyone's spirit power, they felt revitalized. The seven Shrek team members all gathered to help Han Niansui. Bai Shanxin looked to the others, and they all nodded.

"Han Niansui," she began. "We trust you. Activate your first spirit skill."

He hummed in agreement. "First spirit skill, Dark Cover!"

Soon, the entire stage went black. The spectators couldn't see into Han Niansui's Dark Cover.

Ma Hongjun turned towards Yu Xiaogang. "Grandmaster, what is this?"

"Similar to Hu Liena and Xie Yue's spirit fusion skill Charm Demon, Han Niansui's Dark Cover restricts the spirit masters' vision. They would only use it when there were few spirit masters left on your team because it also restricts our team members."

Tang San breathed, "We've truly lost to this group this year. I hope Shrek Academy can win the finals again."

Flender said, "Don't lose hope, Xiao San. This isn't your full power, is it?"

"Dean Flender is correct. But your monsters this year..." Tang San sighed and shook his head. "In the rankings, please don't kill us too badly."

Flender laughed, "What are you talking about?"

"You haven't displayed your full power either. When your Death Gods appear, this competition will be given a huge surprise."

Now the students were sitting further down. The teachers were alone and were able to talk freely.

"Eh, Xiaogang, what did you tell Xiao San?"

"Ru Shenqi."

Flender paled. Liu Erlong asked, "Xiao San... her stars..."

"Power from the God seat of the Goddess of Nine Stars. Most likely gifted by her mother," he replied. "If she reveals her God power in the finals... I fear Spirit Empire will try to eliminate her. Hu Liena helped her for a reason, that of which I don't know and can't guess. She could've killed Xiao Shen before she ever got her third spirit skill or went to Slaughter City. What Hu Liena wants... is beyond me."

Xiao Wu spoke up, "Ge, this Ru Shenqi..."

"She's the daughter of Ru Zuanshi."

The other four Shrek Devils' jaws dropped. "That Limit Douluo?!"

Tang San, Yu Xiaogang, Flender, and Liu Erlong all nodded.

Yu Xiaogang replied, "That's right. She's the daughter of Ru Zuanshi and Huo Wushuang. Xiao Shen is a sixty fourth ranked Spirit Emperor at only twelve years old."

"SIXTY FOURTH RANKED SPIRIT EMPEROR?!"

"Shhhh!" Liu Erlong hissed.

"Xiaogang, are you trying to get us beaten?!" Flender cried.

"And she has divine power. This child is abnormally powerful. That's why only Tang Sect can keep her safe."

"I've already agreed to take her in," Tang San added. "If we can help this little girl grow to be the most powerful spirit master on the continent, then perhaps we can finally wipe Spirit Empire from existence."

Just then, two Orangutans flew out from the darkness. The Shrek Five Devils gaped.

"What happened?!"

The darkness receded, revealing the Shrek Battle Team all standing together.

"What an amazing battle! Shrek Academy team has beaten the Four Halls Academy team!"

From lower in the stands, Ru Shenqi, Gu Xingyun, and Ming Yong all high-fived.

"Yes!" they cried.

Flender stood up. "You little Devils, it was good to see you today. Until next time."

Ma Hongjun, Ning Rongrong, Oscar, Xiao Wu, and Tang San all nodded. "Goodbye, Dean Flender. Goodbye, Vice Dean Liu. Goodbye, Grandmaster."

The Shrek adults collected their students and went down to find the others. Once they had all regrouped, they swiftly left the Grand Spirit Arena and returned to the academy. Waiting out front for them were two silhouettes.

It was Huo Wu and Feng Xiaotian.

<><><>

Inside Flender's office, the Golden Iron Triangle and Ru Shenqi stood opposite the Dean and Vice Dean of the School of Four Elements. Huo Wu eyed her niece warily. Feng Xiaotian's arm never left her shoulders. Yu Xiaogang cleared his throat.

"Vice Dean Huo, earlier you mentioned something about the Storm Douluo?"

"Yes, that blasted Douluo from Spirit Hall must've caused the shipwreck! Zhi-jie was a First Rank God! How could she be defeated by a Title Douluo so easily? If they really were hunting a spirit beast as Xiao Shen said, then to fight a nearly century millennium ocean spirit beast and a group from Spirit Empire would prove a little more difficult."

"Aunt, who is this Storm Douluo?" Ru Shenqi asked, confused.

"Lei Jiyu's2雷机遇 - given name meaning "Opportunity" spirit is Storm Wolf," Feng Xiaotian answered. "He can summon the rains and lightning while also having all attributes of a beast spirit master. Nowadays, he is Spirit Empire's strongest Title Douluo."

Ru Shenqi's hands clenched into tight little fists, knuckles turning white. Lei Jiyu... if you really were the one who killed my parents, then I won't let you live! Spirit Empire, I won't let you exist either!

Liu Erlong rested a hand on her shoulder. "Xiao Shen, don't worry about this now. Even though you're powerful, you still can't compare to a Titled Douluo. If you really want to go up against Spirit Empire, then beat their team during the finals of the Advanced Spirit Master Grand Competition. Then, go to Tang Sect and train hard. Perhaps then, you can really make a move against Spirit Empire."

Flender nodded in agreement, but Huo Wu exploded.

"Why should my niece go to that Tang San?! Can the School of Four Elements not provide for her?!"

"Does Xiao Shen have an elemental spirit? Won't it look odd if she goes to the School of Four Elements?" Liu Erlong countered.

Feng Xiaotian murmured, "Huo Wu, she has a point. Though Xiao Shen has fire skills, she's not a true fire attribute spirit master. She'll draw attention if she comes to the School of Four Elements."

Huo Wu hmphed and crossed her arms. "Are you saying I shouldn't take care of my niece?!"

"No, I'm saying that perhaps Tang Sect really is the best place for her."

Yu Xiaogang said quickly, "Xiao Shen, release your spirit."

She nodded. "Clear Crystal Eyes."

Saluting to her aunt and uncle, she said, "Ru Shenqi, sixty fourth ranked Spirit Emperor."

Huo Wu and Feng Xiaotian choked. "AT TWELVE?!"

"This is why we want Xiao Shen to go to Tang Sect. You both know the strength of the Shrek Seven Devils. With five of them residing in Tang Sect, how can't Xiao Shen be protected?" Flender revealed.

Huo Wu and Feng Xiaotian couldn't argue with that. They bowed their heads.

"Alright, Xiao Shen can go to Tang Sect."

Huo Wu looked to her niece. "You asked about God power. Let me ask you, do you know what the Flight of Nine Stars is?"

Ru Shenqi glanced down before nodding slowly.

"That is the power of the God seat of the Goddess of Nine Stars. Your mother became a God and must've passed the divine power on to you."

Finally, Yu Xiaogang couldn't hide his information anymore, and told everyone there what Poseidon had said to him and Tang San. After he finished, Huo Wu snarled.

"Zhi-jie, you've really out done yourself this time. Passing your full divine power to your daughter!"

Ru Shenqi closed her eyes, remembering when her mother passed what she had called spirit power to her. Then, she had taught her how to use the Flight of Nine Stars. Even before her spirit had been awakened, she had been able to use this God skill.

10