36. A Day of Rest
363 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Just then, Ru Shenqi's eyelids fluttered as she paled. As she started to fall, Gu Xingyun rushed forward and caught her.

"Grandmaster!"

The Golden Iron Triangle ran over. Ning Fengzhi launched his fourth and sixth spirit skills, beginning to heal Ru Shenqi and restore her spirit power.

"Third spirit skill, Flowering Lotus Regrowth!"

With a fifty percent return of spirit power aided by Ning Fengzhi's spirit skill, Ru Shenqi's complexion began to improve.

"Second spirit skill, Flowering Lotus Eternity!"

Fang Youyou's lotus spun. A petal landed on Ru Shenqi's small chest. As she absorbed the power, her eyes slowly opened.

Gu Xingyun's head shot up. "Youyou, thank you."

"She helped us win against a Title Douluo. It's the least I can do."

Ning Fengzhi stared at Fang Youyou. "Y- you can fully heal spirit masters?"

Fang Youyou nodded. "That's right, Clan Leader Ning. My second spirit skill allows me to fully heal up to ten spirit masters, but the more spirit masters I heal, the more the drain on my own spirit power is."

"What an amazing child. Grandmaster, these children truly are tyrannical this year. Has Tang Sect seen their power yet?"

Yu Xiaogang shook his head. "They've only seen the battle between Shrek Academy and the Four Halls Academy. Though they know about Xiao Shen."

"How outstanding."

Ning Fengzhi turned towards the Shrek Seven Tyrants. A now-conscious and much recovered Ru Shenqi stood straight, in the center of the children.

"You all are the future of Douluo Continent. I can see that they are bright futures ahead of all of you. Sword Douluo and I will take our leave then."

The Golden Iron Triangle and the Shrek Seven Tyrants bid them goodbye. Chen Xin followed Ning Fengzhi away from the courtyard.

<><><>

Unbeknownst to everyone, Huo Wu and Feng Xiaotian had actually arrived in time to see the battle between the Shrek Seven Tyrants and Chen Xin. They couldn't believe that Ru Shenqi had such tyrannical power at her age.

Coming out from their hiding place, they approached the Golden Iron Triangle.

"Xiao Shen, come with us," Liu Erlong said.

Ru Shenqi had no choice but to obey. She followed the adults to Flender's office inside the school's main building. There, talks of her God power resumed.

"Vice Dean Huo," Flender began. "You've seen the Goddess of Nine Stars Domain before?"

Huo Wu nodded. "I saw Zhi-jie use it once. I thought it was very powerful and overbearing. It's such a dominating power, that I thought for sure she was fooling everyone and was still a part of Spirit Empire."

"And was she?"

Huo Wu shook her head. "I don't know. She disappeared with my ge ge not too long after. I- I never saw them again."

Feng Xiaotian wrapped an arm around her shoulders, comforting her.

"Aunt... what else can you tell my about the Nine Stars? I've been able to use this power from even before my spirit was awakened."

"EH, WHAT?!" five voices exclaimed.

"Xiaogang," Liu Erlong addressed. "Is that possible? Can God power be used before a spirit is awakened?"

"I don't know. Theoretically, the person has to be strong enough to withstand the divine power. But... since a God seat usually has nothing to do with one's spirit, I'm really not sure. Xiao San's spirits are Blue Silver Plant and the Clear Sky Hammer, neither of which have anything to do with being the Sea God. But as to whether God power can be used before a spirit is awakened... I'm going to have to do some research. Perhaps Xiao San can help."

Flender looked at Ru Shenqi. "Xiao Shen, go back and get some rest. Let us adults talk for a while."

She nodded obediently and exited his office. After she was gone, Yu Xiaogang turned his attention to Huo Wu.

"Vice Dean Huo, what else do you know about Ru Zuanshi?"

<><><>

The next day, the Shrek Academy didn't compete, so they were given the day off. Everyone relaxed in the back cabin in the morning, lazing around.

"Do you think the rankings will be harder?" Bai Shanxin asked Ru Shenqi.

"Perhaps the other schools might reveal more of their true power, but so will we. As long as we don't meet a team that completely restricts us, I think we'll surely win."

"Wouldn't it be cool if we really did make it to the finals?" Fang Youyou added.

"Why wouldn't we?" Ming Yong asked. "Our Shrek Team doesn't lack in power. We're all Spirit Ancestors; even our substitutes are Spirit Ancestors! Plus, once we get to the finals we'll reveal the full Shrek Seven Tyrants. Xingyun is almost a Spirit King, and Xiao Shen is a Spirit Emperor. How could we not win the Advanced Spirit Master Grand Competition?"

"What if we do lose to a team?" Shu Jiaxiang asked.

"It won't be the end of the world," Gu Xingyun replied. "One loss doesn't constitute a complete failure. We just need to focus on growing stronger and cultivating more."

"That's easy for you to say," Liao Suyin joked. "You're a Death God and a Crown Prince."

He chuckled. "Yes, but I still have to work harder to catch up with Xiao Shen."

The other six Tyrants all turned to look at her. She blushed and glanced down at her hands, folded nicely in her lap.

"I'm just lucky. There's really nothing else to it."

"Except for the fact that you have a God seat, three domains, and spirit rings and bones of decade millennium years and higher," the others all countered.

Ru Shenqi chuckled wryly. "I meant that I'm just lucky to be a spirit master."

Finally, she told her friends about the Power of the Ocean's blessing, giving her sight as a newborn. They stared at her shocked.

"Perhaps, if my mom had given up, I would've been blind for my whole life. My spirit may never have awakened, if so."

Xingyun stood up and walked over to her. He rested a hand on her shoulder. "But you do have your sight. And you're a Little God. Fate has its own way of accomplishing things. No matter what, we'll always stand beside you."

The others stood and walked over as well, nodding along the way. Together, the seven stuck out their fists, knuckles bumping each others'.

"SHREK SEVEN TYRANTS FOREVER!"

Outside, the Golden Iron Triangle smiled. They've become more than a team. They're a family.

<><><>

The rest of the day, each of the Shrek Seven Tyrants cultivated diligently.

Ru Shenqi focused on stretching her vision to the limit. Gu Xingyun and Fang Youyou worked on physical strengthening. For Fang Youyou, it was necessary because of his second spirit skill. Without a fit body, he wouldn't be able to support the full recovery of more than two spirit masters, though his spirit skill limit was ten. Shu Jiaxiang and Bai Shanxin researched ways to increase their speed without alerting the opponents. Liao Suyin worked on the durability of her spider webs, forcing the creamy white silk to the maximum. Ming Yong worked on controlling the intensity of his second and third spirit skills.

The Golden Iron Triangle and Zhao Wuji occasionally supervised them. During one rotation, Liu Erlong leaned over to Yu Xiaogang.

"They're so dedicated."

"That's a good thing. They're investigating their own weaknesses. Maybe, they'll find their limits and figure out how to use their spirits to the best of their ability. If they want to be the best team, they have to put in the effort."

"Vice Dean Liu!" Liao Suyin called. "Can you help me test my spider webs? I want to see how fire resistant they are. In the battle with the School of Four Elements, I only bound the Tian Shui students."

Liu Erlong nodded. "Alright."

She walked over and summoned a line of pure fire. Liao Suyin's webs disintegrated within seconds.

"Thank you, Vice Dean Liu. Can you help me work on fire resistance?"

"Of course."

Now that his beloved was busy, Yu Xiaogang walked on.

"Grandmaster!" two voices rose up.

He stopped and turned to see Shu Jiaxiang and Bai Shanxin speeding over to him.

"Grandmaster, we've figured it out! Tell us if we're wrong."

"Alright."

"I've figured out that even though my speed is the fastest of all spirit masters, if I can't control it then there's no use in being called the fastest of all spirit masters."

"Good, Shanxin. Full speed is not always the greatest. Sometimes, control is more important."

"Shanxin understands. Thank you, Grandmaster, for your advice."

"I've learned to slow my speed a little, just in order to make sure I can do exactly what I need to."

"Jiaxiang, this is true. Your Shadow Cheetah is very fast. But you cannot make up for stealth with speed."

"Jiaxiang understands. Thank you, Grandmaster, for your advice."

Yu Xiaogang smiled and continued on his rounds. He returned to Flender's office and sighed after closing the door.

"Xiaogang, what is it? Isn't it good that they're working so hard?"

"They compete against the Blue Sunshine Academy tomorrow."

Flender's eyes widened. "T- that Academy? Didn't Xiao San make their students imbeciles?"

"Not all of them, obviously. Just the ones that competed. And plus, it's been years. Surely Ye Zhi-Qiu wants revenge."

"Should we introduce Ming Yong sooner?"

"I don't want to have to. The others schools will think we don't fear them but we fear Blue Sunshine Academy."

"So what should we do, Xiaogang?"

"We need to wait and see what their spirits are. If they're anything like those gemstones the last time around, then perhaps we should recall Gong Xi and replace him with Ming Yong."

"What about Xiao Shen? She can fake her spirit rings."

"But only under her Goddess of Nine Stars Domain. If we reveal a God this early, the others will find way to do everything they can to beat us. Plus, I still want Xiao Shen and Xingyun in the finals only."

"And if the spirit masters aren't gemstones?"

"We'll play it by ear."

"Xiaogang, are you sure about this?"

"It's the best we can do. I can't guarantee Ye Zhi-Qiu won't go all out to try and eliminate the kids. After what Tang San did, he may even have his students attempt to kill ours. How can I let that happen? If need be, we'll send Ming Yong and Gu Xingyun out. We cannot reveal Xiao Shen, no matter what."

"Who would Gu Xingyun replace?"

"Xu Tian."

"WHAT?!"

Just then, Liu Erlong entered. "Flender, Xiaogang, what's going on?"

"Xiaogang wants to replace Xu Tian with Xingyun!"

"Only if the situation against Blue Sunshine Academy is dire."

"Why would you replace their control system spirit master?"

"Ming Yong can act as one. Shanxin will remain captain. Han Niansui must remain in the group because of his Dark Cover. Xingyun has his spirit bone and Death God Domain, though I don't want to have to reveal that now."

"I hope Blue Sunshine Academy is weak this time around," Liu Erlong muttered. "We don't need any trouble so early on."

"I couldn't agree more," Yu Xiaogang said.

Flender nodded. "Good, it's settled then. Tomorrow is a new day. Let's just hope that luck is on our side."

9