39. Shrek Seven Devils
411 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day, the Shrek Battle Group and the Golden Iron Triangle rode over to Tang Sect. As they entered, they saw the Shrek Seven Devils, Bai Chenxiang, and the Four Hall Masters already waiting for them. After all thirteen exited the three carriages, Tang San stepped forward.

 "Laoshi, Dean Flender, Vice Dean Liu, juniors, welcome to Tang Sect."

They bowed in return. Yu Xiaogang turned to Ru Shenqi.

"Xiao Shen, today we have come here for one thing. You, and you alone, will battle the Shrek Seven Devils. If you can last half an hour, it can be considered your win. If they defeat you, then you will write a thousand word reflection paper on why you lost."

"Eh?" the other Shrek kids cried. "Only Xiao Shen is fighting?!"

He nodded.

Liu Erlong announced, "Each side will have fifteen minutes to strategize. Meet back here when it's time."

The Shrek Seven Devils remained where they were. After having been together for so long, and Tang San knowing her spirit rank and ring quality, they didn't need any preparations. Ru Shenqi, on the other hand, whipped around to face her teammates.

"What do I do?"

Gu Xingyun rested a comforting hand on her shoulder. "You're our soul and Commander; you know the best strategies. You've fought on your own before. Use that to your advantage."

She looked at Yu Xiaogang, "Grandmaster, are there any restrictions?"

"None. Both sides may do as they please. Though, killing is prohibited."

Tai Tan, Niu Gao, Bai He, and Yang Wudi all murmured between each other, "Killing is prohibited? How can this little girl withstand the Shrek Seven Devils? She's what? Only twelve?"

Xiao Wu teleported over to them quickly. "She may be twelve, but don't be fooled by her." She returned to Tang San's side just as quickly as she had left it.

Now, the Tang Sect elders were even more curious.

When the fifteen minutes were up, the Shrek Seven Devils stepped forward. Ru Shenqi gulped and did the same. Unbeknownst to her, six of the seven Devils were still unaware of her spirit ring configuration. Only Tang San had seen them, and he hadn't told the others. Oscar, Ning Rongrong, Ma Hongjun, and Xiao Wu only knew her spirit power was at the sixty fourth level and that she had divine power. Dai Mubai and Zhu Zhuqing were completely in the dark.

Yu Xiaogang knew this. With the Shrek Seven Devils' ignorance, Ru Shenqi would have a bit of a head start.

Flender cleared his throat. "I'll be the judge of this match. Both sides, please announce yourselves."

"Tang San, spirits Blue Silver Emperor and Clear Sky Hammer, one hundred and twenty fifth ranked Control System and Power Attack System Battle Spirit Master."

His spirit rings descended as he released his Blue Silver Emperor spirit from his right hand. Nine were red wrapped in blue-gold light. The tenth was simply-blue gold colored: a divine God spirit ring. Tyrannical power radiated from him. When he released his Clear Sky Hammer in his left hand, eight red spirit rings descended. The ninth was a gold million year spirit ring.

Ru Shenqi shivered.

"Xiao Wu, spirit Soft-Boned Rabbit, one hundredth ranked Power Attack and Agility Attack System Battle Spirit Master."

Her spirit rings descended as she released her spirit. Along with the physical transformation, her six black and three red spirit rings glowed brilliantly. She had yet to get her tenth, divine ring.

"Dai Mubai, spirit Evil Eyed White Tiger, ninety sixth ranked Power Attack System Battle Spirit Master."

His two yellow, two purple, four black, and one red spirit rings surrounded him as he released his spirit and underwent the physical transformation.

"Zhu Zhuqing, spirit Hell Civet, ninety third ranked Agility Attack System Battle Spirit Master."

Her nails lengthened, and two yellow, two purple, four black, and one red spirit rings danced around her.

"Ma Hongjun, spirit Evil Fire Phoenix, ninety third ranked Power Attack System Battle Spirit Master."

His two yellow, two purple, four black, and one red spirit rings shined as fiery red wings appeared on his back. Bai Chenxiang clapped enthusiastically.

"Oscar, spirit Sausage, ninety second ranked Auxiliary System Spirit Master."

His two yellow, two purple, four black, and one red spirit rings appeared, floating at his feet. Sausages appeared in his hands.

"Ning Rongrong, spirit Nine Treasure Glazed Tile Pagoda, ninety second ranked Auxiliary System Spirit Master."

Her two purple, five black, and one red spirit rings descended as her dazzling nine-tiered pagoda spirit appeared in her right hand.

Of course Ru Shenqi knew the Shrek Seven Devils were powerful. They wouldn't be the pride and joy of Shrek Academy otherwise. But this lineup of spirit masters really was too much.

How am I going to get myself out of this one?

She took a deep breath and said as powerfully as she could, "Ru Shenqi, spirit Clear Crystal Eyes, sixty fourth ranked Control System Battle Spirit Master. Seniors, please teach me."

Her eyes turned lucent and transparent.

The Four Hall Masters choked. Bai Chenxiang's eyes widened. Dai Mubai and Zhu Zhuqing shared a look.

They gasped, "A SIXTY FOURTH RANKED SPIRIT EMPEROR AT TWELVE YEARS OLD?!"

They had already thought it was too cruel for the Shrek Seven Devils to fight a twelve year old alone. But upon hearing her ranking, they were all stunned.

But then, she released her spirit rings. Four black and two red ones descended and swirled around her feet. The Four Hall Masters, Bai Chenxiang, Dai Mubai, and Zhu Zhuqing's eyes nearly bugged out of their faces.

"HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?! ONLY DECADE MILLENNIUM AND CENTURY MILLENNIUM SPIRIT RINGS?!"

Ning Rongrong recovered quickly and called out, "First spirit skill, Strength. Second spirit skill, Agility. Third spirit skill, Spirit. Fourth spirit skill, Defense. Fifth spirit skill, Attack. Sixth spirit skill, Attribute."

Dai Mubai and Ma Hongjun received the strength boost. The speed amplification went to Xiao Wu and Zhu Zhuqing. The defense amplification went to her and Oscar. The attack went to Dai Mubai, Ma Hongjun, Xiao Wu, Zhu Zhuqing, and Tang San. Then, all seven received the attribute amplification.

"Third spirit skill, Clear Crystal Armor."

After protecting herself, Ru Shenqi waited for Flender.

Flender nodded to Liu Erlong. She lit the incense stick.

"Begin!" he roared.

"Now!" Tang San cried.

Everyone pulled out the Godly Zhuge Crossbows and fired. Luckily, Ru Shenqi's third spirit skill protected her.

Then, Xiao Wu and Zhu Zhuqing disappeared. Dai Mubai launched his second spirit skill, White Tiger Intense Light Wave, right at her. Yelping, Ru Shenqi used her White Wolf left leg bone to speed away, only to fall into Tang San's fourth spirit skill, Blue Silver Cage. Knowing she couldn't burn her way out of it, she also knew she was safe from the other Devils' attacks for the moment. So, she waited until the cage retracted, then she quickly released her Ultimate Darkness Wings. Once the black scaled wings caught on fire, she took to the air.

"Third spirit skill, Swift Flight Mushroom Sausage!"

Since Tang San could fly on his own thanks to his own left leg bone, and Ma Hongjun had his fiery wings, Oscar made five sausages and distributed them. The Shrek Seven Devils soon rose up as well.

How can I last for half an hour?

Knowing she should prevent the fusion skill of Dai Mubai and Zhu Zhuqing, she squared herself off with him. Releasing her innate Fire Dragon Domain, she began to combine the flames.

"An innate domain?"

Five shocked faces on the group exclaimed. All of the Shrek Seven Devils, except for Tang San, had a sour look on their faces. They had only known about her divine power and spirit rings. Everything else... was new.

"Ultimate Darkness Straight Line!"

She shot a huge blast of purplish-black flames right towards Dai Mubai. Ma Hongjun launched his own fire and intercepted her. He launched his second spirit skill, amplifying his flames. Using his first spirit skill, Phoenix Fire Wire, he shot another line of fire right at her, but she used her wings to block the attack.

Tang San launched his third spirit skill, Spider Web Restraint, but against her shield, it didn't harm her at all. He couldn't use Bind or Parasite either because of her third spirit skill. So, he tried his fifth.

"Fifth spirit skill, Blue Silver Emperor Tyrant Spear!"

He gathered his spirit power, and a blue-gold spear appeared in his hand. He threw it at her, and it broke through. Using her left left bone, she dodged just in time. But then, Xiao Wu and Zhu Zhuqing appeared on either side of her. Zhu Zhuqing launched her Hell Hundred Claws.

"Third spirit skill, Clear Crystal Armor."

Though it appeared like nothing happened, Zhu Zhuqing's lengthened nails cut at nothing. Because of her shield, Xiao Wu also couldn't get close enough to launch her Waist Bow skill. She tried to charm, but against a body spirit, eyes at that, it fell flat. She teleported back to Tang San's side. Zhu Zhuqing flew back also.

In that moment of retreat, Ru Shenqi roared, "Second spirit skill, Clear Crystal Crypsis!"

She suddenly mixed up everyone's appearance. Realizing she had to get rid of the auxiliary spirit masters and make sure they couldn't launch their spirit fusion skill, she made Oscar look like her. Ning Rongrong became Zhu Zhuqing. Dai Mubai became Ma Hongjun. Tang San turned into Dai Mubai. Xiao Wu turned into Ning Rongrong. Zhu Zhuqing looked like Xiao Wu. Ma Hongjun looked like Oscar. She took on Tang San's appearance.

All of the Devils were at a disadvantage. Even Tang San wasn't aware of her spirit skills.

Therefore, they turned on their own. Thinking Oscar was her, they attacked him. But when they released their spirit skills and realized the truth, it was too late. Oscar was sent flying out of bounds.

One down, six to go.

Ru Shenqi called, "Fourth spirit skill, Clear Crystal Time!"

The incense stick seemed to burn faster all of a sudden. The six remaining Devils thought unanimously.

She can control time?!

Ru Shenqi recalled her second spirit skill, returning everyone to their own looks. Knowing five Devils were running out of air-borne time, she smirked.

"Death God Domain, Evolved Skill: Demon Hell!"

Naturally, the Titled Douluos and Gods wouldn't be affected, but the dainty wings created by Oscar's spirit skill froze. Five spirit masters began to fall. Tang San thrusted his hand out and five strands of Blue Silver Emperor shot out, wrapping around their waists. They quickly lightened their weights.

"A Death God?" everyone but Tang San and the Golden Iron Triangle breathed. "How?"

Tang San's eyes locked with hers. "Purple God Light!"

Her skull bone appeared, and she countered, "Swift Demon Cougar skull bone skill, Swift Demon Attack!"

Their spiritual attacks met and rebounded, knocking both of them backwards.

The Four Hall Masters muttered, "Such a spirit ring configuration, three spirit bones, and two domains? What a powerful youngster."

Using the momentary stunning, Ru Shenqi took a deep breath. "Goddess of Nine Stars Domain, Evolved Skill: Eighteen Stars Roaming Dance."

"SHE'S A GOD?!"

Her God domain spread out, creating an array with eighteen nine-pointed stars around the Shrek Seven Devils. Tang San summoned the Sea God's Trident and countered.

"Flight of Nine Stars!"

Against her God power, the four Shrek Seven Devils that weren't gods all began to feel a drain on their spirit power. Ru Shenqi flicked out her wrist and used her golden wire to cut through Tang San's Blue Silver Emperor. She wrapped around Ning Rongrong and Zhu Zhuqing, the two closest to her, and sent them flying out of bounds.

Now, all spirit fusion abilities are rendered useless.

Ru Shenqi flew to the ground and landed. Immediately, another Blue Silver Emperor cage surrounded her. She launched her fifth spirit skill, Clear Crystal Myriad Flames. Blocking their view, she focused on the one person who could see through: Tang San. She took a deep breath.

Though she couldn't burn her way out of the cage, the flames could still pass over it. Hence, she shot Ultimate Darkness Straight Line right at Xiao Wu. As Tang San stopped to block it, she gathered all of her spirit power to her.

"NINE STARS METEOR SHOWER!"

Soon, a rush of nine-pointed stars came flying towards the remain Shrek Seven Devils. Dai Mubai launched two of his spirit skills, White Tiger Vajra Transformation and White Tiger Shield Body Barrier. Xiao Wu launched her fourth spirit skill, Invincible Golden Body. Tang San relied on his Eight Spider Lances to defend against the explosive stars. Summoning his Clear Sky Hammer, he launched his first spirit ring.

"First spirit ring support skill, Power of the Earth!"

Ru Shenqi immediately felt a change in the ground beneath her. Indeed, for Tang San could momentarily control the earth. Once the cage disappeared, she rocketed into the air with her wings.

"Seventh spirit skill, Clear Sky Hammer Avatar. Sixth spirit skill, Earth Ant Emperor Slash."

He transformed into the Clear Sky Hammer and aimed right at Ru Shenqi. She yelped and retracted her wings, letting gravity do the rest. As she fell, her meteor shower of stars exploded around the three remaining Shrek Seven Devils.

"Fourth spirit skill, White Tiger Meteor Shower!"

White balls of light appeared in the sky and came raining down, straight for Ru Shenqi. She launched her third spirit skill to protect herself.

"Eighth spirit skill, Infinite Thorns!"

Dai Mubai's golden thorns pierced through her shield just as his fourth spirit skill hit her. She fell back to the ground, creating a crater where she landed. Tang San's sixth spirit skill, under the amplification from his seventh, hit her.

Alarmed, Gu Xingyun and the others were about to run over to her when Yu Xiaogang stopped them. "This is her fight. Do not interfere."

"But Grandmaster!" Fang Youyou cried.

"The Shrek Seven Devils are smart," Flender cut in. "Plus, killing is prohibited. Why do you think Mubai hasn't used his sixth spirit skill, White Tiger Annihilation Kill? Why do you think none of the Shrek Seven Devils have used their ninth spirit skills? They know their own power and what it can do."

Ru Shenqi groaned and slowly crawled out of the crater. Dai Mubai, Tang San, and Xiao Wu approached her. She glanced at the incense stick.

Still over ten minutes to go. I can do this.

She stood on wobbly legs. Blood trickled from the corner of her mouth. Her arms and legs were cut and also bleeding. But she didn't care.

Xiao Wu launched her seventh spirit skill, multiple copies of herself appearing. Dai Mubai launched his seventh spirit skill, transforming into an Evil Eyed White Tiger. Tang San launched his Clear Sky Hammer's seven spirit skill again, merging with the number one tool spirit on the Continent.

Remember, Shen Shen, Mom will always be with you, her mother's voice rang in her ears. If someday, you are beaten down, Mom will help you.

Her eyes saddened. Mom, can you help me now?

Just then, a pure celestial light flared from her heart. A seven meter tall apparition of Ru Zuanshi appeared behind Ru Shenqi. Mother and daughter's bodies glowed.

"Shen Shen, let me show you the true power of a Supreme God."

5