46. Gu Xingyun’s Fifth Ring
251 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ru Shenqi sighed, "Xingyun, after the Advanced Spirit Master Grand Competition, we're all going our separate ways. I'm going to Tang Sect, and Shanxin will return to Tang Sect as well. You're going back to Guang Kingdom. Suyin and Jiaxiang are going home to Suotuo City. Yong is staying on at Shrek Academy as a teacher, and Youyou has already agreed to go to Heaven Dou Imperial Academy as a researcher on Auxiliary System spirit masters. Who knows when we'll be able to see each other again?"

"We can do like the Shrek Seven Devils do, have an reunion in a few years. We'll see how tyrannical we all are by then."

She nodded. "That sounds good. I like the -"

Suddenly, something tickled at her senses. She activated her spirit and sent her sight out as far as she could. With her night vision enhancements, Ru Shenqi had no troubles scanning the dense forest.

"Xiao Shen?"

"A spirit beast is approaching. It must be decade millennium or higher."

Gu Xingyun leapt to his feet. Releasing his spirit, his four rings descended around his feet. Ru Shenqi stood. Her six tyrannical spirit rings lit up against the dark night. Both prepares for a difficult battle ahead.

Not too long after, the spirit beast appeared. It flew overhead and squeaked. Their eyes widened.

"DEADN FLENDER! THERE'S A RED-WINGED DEVIL BAT!"

Flender came shooting out of his tent. "W- what?"

The bat circled overhead again. Looking up, Flender released his spirit and took to the air. Ru Shenqi released her Ultimate Darkness Wings and flew up as well.

"King Tiger left arm bone skill, King Tiger Halberd!"

"Fire Dragon Domain! Ultimate Darkness Straight Line!"

"Seventh spirit skill, Owl Avatar! Fourth spirit skill, Air Blade!"

Under all three's attacks, the Red-Winged Devil Bat screeched in fury. Ru Shenqi launched her third spirit skill, protecting the other two. Gu Xingyun launched his second spirit skill, increasing his attributes. Flender launched his sixth spirit skill, covering himself in a barrier in a heavy layer of bright yellow light.

Meeting the bat's eye, Ru Shenqi cried, "First spirit skill, Clear Crystal Scatter! Swift Demon Cougar skull bone, Swift Demon Attack!"

After launching her two spiritual attacks, Gu Xingyun leapt up and launched his fourth spirit skill, Raging Heavenly Lion. His claws grew out, and he swiped at the bat. The decade millennium spirit beast attacked with its Red Atmosphere skill: a gravity increase skill. Almost immediately, Ru Shenqi and Flender were forced to the ground. Gu Xingyun fell to the ground.

"Xingyun!" Ru Shenqi cried. "Now!"

Together, their voices blended into one. "Death God Domain, Evolved Skill: Demon Hell!"

An icy wave washed over the surrounded five meters. Ru Shenqi launched her Goddess of Nine Stars domain, enhancing her power but also combatting the Red Atmosphere skill.

"Flight of Nine Stars! Nine Stars Meteor Shower! Goddess of Nine Stars Evolved Skill: Eighteen Stars Roaming Dance!"

Multiple nine nine-pointed stars shot out from her. Not only did she suck spirit power from the Red-Winged Devil Bat, she also attacked it with her greatest skills. The bat cried out, unable to avoid or defend against God power. Its wings were heavily damaged, and it landed on the ground.

Gu Xingyun resummoned his halberd and used it to deal the killing blow to the decade millennium spirit beast. Above its body appeared a deep black ring.

"This is good," Flender murmured as he stroked his chin. "A seventy thousand year spirit ring is close to your limit. Quickly, absorb it, Xingyun!"

Nodding, he thrust out his hand and took the ring. He sat down in the lotus position and began to meditate.

Ru Shenqi and Flender kept watch while he finished absorbing the spirit ring and its power. As they were guarding him, a group of spirit beast hunters crossed paths with them. Flender stepped forward.

"Greetings, we mean no trouble."

The five middle-aged men laughed boisterously. "You? What could you do to us? Your group is just two children and an old man! Who do you think you are?"

Before they knew what was happening, Ru Shenqi had already flicked her left wrist. Her golden wire wrapped around all five necks. She pulled it taunt enough to threaten, but not yet enough to cut. Six pairs of eyes widened.

Flender gaped at the little girl at his side. Her eyes had turned red with slaughter intent.

"If you dare to hurt us, I will not let you off! Scram!"

She retracted her wire, but instead of running off, the five men released their spirits. They were all beast spirit masters. All Spirit Kings.

Flender released his Four-Eyed Owl spirit, and revealed his eight spirit rings. Ru Shenqi's eyes flashed as she released her spirit. She used her illusion skill to fake five spirit rings: two yellow, one purple, and two black.

"WHAT IS THIS?" the men cried. "SUCH A YOUNG GIRL IS ALREADY A SPIRIT KING?!"

Ru Shenqi held out her hands and said coldly, "Thirty Six Star Prison."

The nine-pointed star appeared in between her eyes. She trapped the five men in her array.

Knowing she had a minute to work with, she called, "Flight of Nine Stars!"

After sucking away their spirit power to prevent them from using any spirit skills, she added, "Prison Break."

The stars retreated from the five men and formed to make one ginormous nine-pointed star. With blood red eyes, Ru Shenqi pointed at them, locking down, and sending the star after them. They yelped and ran, but it didn't serve to help them any.

Flender sighed and shook his head. Though Tang San had told them about Slaughter City, what really happens to make a person cold-blooded was unknown to him. He turned away as the star cut at the five men, dismembering them and taking their spirit power.

Satisfied, Ru Shenqi turned around to check Gu Xingyun's progress. Flender inwardly sighed and shook his head.

This little girl has gone through so much and is quite determined. Douluo Continent may see the rise of a teenage Titled Douluo.

<><><>

In the morning, as the sky turned reddish-pink, the black aura of decade millennium spirit power finally fully absorbed. Gu Xingyun opened his eyes and stood up. He released his spirit rings. Two yellow, one purple, and two black descended. Both Flender and Ru Shenqi were elated.

"Xingyun," he said. "What is your fifth spirit skill?"

"Dean Flender, my fifth spirit ring inherited the special ability of the Red-Winged Devil Bat. I also gain a twenty percent attribute boost when I launch my fifth spirit skill. Let me demonstrate."

Gu Xingyun turned slightly and looked at some forest brush. "Fifth spirit skill, Heavenly Lion Red Atmosphere!"

Soon, the branches on trees folded down. The underbrush was flattened to the ground. Smaller critters caught in his range couldn't move.

Ru Shenqi clapped enthusiastically as joy lit up her features. "That's great! We hadn't had a gravity skill in the Seven Tyrants yet."

Flender nodded in agreement. "Grandmaster will be pleased. You've done well in choosing this spirit beast."

They packed up camp and headed out of Sunset Forest.

Before returning to the palace, the trio headed to the Saint Spirit Hall. There, Gu Xingyun met with Tong Ai. After revealing his fifth spirit ring, she tested his spirit power. Since he had leveled up soon after breaking through, he hadn't had time to store spirit power, so he was a level fifty one Spirit King.

But that's still tyrannical for being a youngster still.

After receiving the new line on his badge, he exited the Saint Spirit Hall. From there, they all returned to the palace.

Back at Shrek's area, Gu Xingyun showed the others his new ring and displayed his new spirit skill. Murmurs of "wow" and hums of "ahh" followed. Yu Xiaogang stepped forward.

"Well done, Xingyun. Now work hard and continue cultivating. If you all can advanced another level or two before the finals, that will be good."

Ten heads nodded, accepting his challenge.

He continued, "In two days, we compete against the Four Halls Academy team again. To prepare, I want you all to take today and focus on cultivating. Tomorrow, you will have a friendly match with Bone Douluo to work on your skills. But... only the ones competing can be in the match against Bone Douluo. So, Xu Tian, Han Niansui, Gong Xi, Jiaxiang, Shanxin, Suyin, and Yong will compete with Bone Douluo. As for the line-up against the Four Halls Academy, we have not yet finalized it. You will know when we do."

"Yes, Grandmaster," ten voices echoed in unison.

The Golden Iron Triangle looked at their kids with pride and hope. When the main seven of these little Tyrants are revealed in the finals... what will Hu Liena do? 

Hey everyone! I just wanted to say, feel free to leave comments or reviews. They help me to improve and be a better writer. It might also help me to catch some mistakes, hahahaha. Anyways, don't be shy and leave your thoughts if you want!  -TMHT

7