49. Immortal Herbs Give Great Benefits
221 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Grandmaster, what did you want us for?" the Shrek Seven Tyrants asked.

"The Spirit Empire's team is a full Spirit King team," Yu Xiaogang stated simply.

Seven pairs of eyes widened. "A FULL SPIRIT KING TEAM?!"

Ru Shenqi thought deep in her heart, Even though I'm a Spirit Emperor with God power, I alone might not even be able to beat a full Spirit King team. How can I lead my friends to victory?

Flender added, "Xiao San has been generous enough to give us seven Immortal Herbs, one for each of you. We will distribute them to you after the Ranking Rounds end. After absorbing the herbs, we will see where everyone's spirit power is. If any of you reach fiftieth rank, us Golden Iron Triangle will take you to Sunset Forest to hunt spirit beasts."

"Immortal Herbs?!" they had heard about what the herbs had done for the Shrek Seven Devils before. The seven knew that Immortal Herbs would help them.

Liu Erlong turned to the white-haired child. "Xiao Shen, if the Herb doesn't boost your spirit power and improve your foundation as much as the others, don't be discouraged. As you've probably figured out, the higher in spirit power one is, the harder it is to advanced to the next level."

She nodded.

"Cultivate well tomorrow. We will see what Heaven Dou Imperial Academy's team can do," Yu Xiaogang finished.

Understanding his dismissal, all seven children bowed their heads and exited the main tent. They went to their own tents and sat down to meditate.

<><><>

Everyone had diligently cultivated, and the last day of the Ranking Rounds came upon them. Shrek's team walked to the arena and took their place in the side resting area. Across from them, Heaven Dou Imperial Academy's second seeded team entered as well.

Zhou Wuting flew down and smiled. "Welcome everyone to the last battle of the Ranking Rounds! Today, we shall see if Shrek Academy will continue their undefeated streak or not. Both teams may send up their first contestant."

According to Ru Shenqi's strategy, Liao Suyin leapt up onto the stage. She met the first spirit master with a White Crane spirit.

"Release your spirits!"

Liao Suyin's Jade Poison Tarantula emerged. Eight legs stretched from her back, and her eyes became sharper. Two yellow and two purple spirit rings danced around her feet. White wings appeared on her opponent's back. The spirit master flew up five meters. Two yellow and one purple spirit rings circled him.

Having just reached the forty third rank, Liao Suyin was six ranks ahead of the thirty seventh ranked Spirit Elder.

"Begin!"

Liao Suyin leapt up and launched her third spirit skill, Tarantula Reign. An aura of supreme authority surged from her, pressuring her opponent. Her full jade armor covered her body, protecting her from attacks. The White Crane spirit master sent his third spirit skill, an air attack much like Bai Shanxin's Air Strike. But all it succeeded in doing was blowing Liao Suyin's hair back. She launched her fourth spirit skill, and a sticky web shot out. It wrapped around her opponent, containing his wings, so he fell back to the ground. She landed as well and used her eight legs to run forward.

Her first spirit ring glowed as she launched Tarantula Bite. The poison on her legs concentrated towards the tips as she pricked her opponent. After a few moments, the poison took effect, causing the White Crane spirit master to fall into a craze.

"We admit the defeat!" a teacher called from the resting area.

"Shrek, one win. Heaven Dou Imperial Academy's second seeded team, one loss."

Liao Suyin pricked him again, recalling her poison. Once he was purged of all poison, she stepped back. He crawled up and stumbled off of the stage.

After seeing her tyranny, the next two spirit masters were scared to the bones. They went up, one at a time, and lost one at a time.

"Shrek, three wins. Heaven Dou Imperial Academy's second seeded team, three losses."

Liao Suyin's spirit power had been greatly drawn at this point, and she withdrew. For this battle, Ru Shenqi had only planned on two spirit masters. So, they sent their last one up.

As Ming Yong climbed onto the stage, pure fear filled his opponent's eyes.

The teachers sent her a private message. After, she looked up at Zhou Wuting.

"I admit defeat!"

Three more voices echoed from the resting area. "WE ADMIT DEFEAT!"

Without even having to finish fighting, Shrek Academy had won against Heaven Dou Imperial Academy's second seeded team. Ru Shenqi had been banking on the fact that the others teams had come to fear them. After sending out the fearsome Jade Poison Tarantula and then the Seven Stringed Dragon Qin, who in their right mind would want to deal with that?

Zhou Wuting proclaimed, "Shrek Academy has won again! This is an undefeated streak unprecedented in the history of the Advanced Spirit Master Grand Competition!"

<><><>

An hour later, all of the competing schools were gathered on the stage. Heaven Dou Emperor Xue Beng, Clan Leader Ning, Bone Douluo Gu Rong, and Spirit Empire Ambassador Xie Yue all looked down at them from the balcony overhead.

"Well done, everyone," Ning Fengzhi began. "You all have fought hard and seen the outstanding talents of this generation. A special congratulations must be given to Shrek Academy for having successively won in both the Preliminary and Ranking Rounds."

Instead of many claps for Shrek, there were only hateful stares.

Xue Beng added, "To the top three schools: Shrek Academy, School of Four Elements, and Four Halls Academy, I have decided to allocate funds and give the spirit masters duchy titles and land grants. Once again, we have seen the splendor of the future. May you all charge forward with fire in your hearts. Good luck in the Finals. Clan Leader Ning will go in my stead to Spirit City to represent Heaven Dou Empire."

All of the students saluted to their Emperor. Xie Yue watched two students in particular. His eyes never left Shrek's little white-haired girl and the golden blonde-haired teenager next to her.

The girl had showed in the Preliminaries, but her spirit skills were still unknown to him. And the boy had never appeared.

Indeed, Xie Yue's eyes were on Ru Shenqi and Gu Xingyun. From them, he sensed an icy cold aura, the same feeling he would get from his little sister whenever she released her Death God Domain.

Finally, it was Xie Yue's turn to speak. He stepped forward.

"Some of you may be wondering who I am. I am the Ambassador from Spirit Empire, Xie Yue, brother to the Supreme Pontiff Hu Liena. You all are the future of Douluo Continent, keep up the hard work. Unlike the last time, there will be two weeks from now until the finals. Please, relax and get ready to set off for Spirit City."

The students saluted again, and they were dismissed.

On the way back to their tent, Feng Changzhi and his teammates stopped Ru Shenqi and hers.

"Little cousin, we have two weeks. Surely we can spar in that time."

"As I have said before, I will only compete with you in the finals. Be glad you School of Four Elements ranked second. You are qualified to compete with me."

This time around, only the top three schools from Heaven Dou Empire, along with the Imperial Academy's first seeded team would compete in the finals. The same went for Xing Luo Empire.

"Changzhi!" Feng Xiaotian called. "Come here and leave Shrek alone."

Feng Changzhi grumbled but listened to his father. Once the students from the School of Four Elements were gone, Shrek's kids quickly hurried back to their tent. The Golden Iron Triangle was inside waiting for them.

Yu Xiaogang stepped forward. The Golden Iron Triangle had privately spoke with Gong Xi, Xu Tian, and Han Niansui, telling them about the full Spirit King team from Spirit Empire. They had been alarmed and were glad they didn't have to fight such a strong team.

"In order to grow stronger and close the gap between us and Spirit Empire, I need you Seven Tyrants to cultivate well. Gong Xi, Xu Tian, Han Niansui, you three have done well in the Preliminary and Ranking Rounds. I hope that this was good combat experience for you, and I also hope that you continue to grow into strong spirit masters. As part of Shrek's team, you will come with us to Spirit City and afterwards will graduate from Shrek Academy."

Flender added, "I could not be more proud of you ten monsters. All of your spirits and abilities are tyrannical. You have made this "Monster" Academy proud. Well done."

Liu Erlong said, "Han Niansui, Xu Tian, Gong Xi, you three may go. Enjoy a break."

The three bowed. "Yes, Vice Dean Liu."

After they departed, Yu Xiaogang pulled out Tang San's Wishful Hundred Treasure Purse. He reached in and drew out the first Immortal Herb.

It was the Double-sided Golden Rose.

"This Double-sided Golden Rose is colored with two shades of gold, one side brighter than the other. The stem is a swirl of the two shades. It has a strong and powerful nature and should be able to boost one's spirit power quite well," Yu Xiaogang explained. "Xiao San believed that this would best suit Xingyun, since his spirit is strong and is of a gold element attribute."

Gu Xingyun stepped forward and took the rare Immortal Herb. "Thank you, Grandmaster."

"You must first east the petals and then the stem. For its full power to be absorbed, the whole Herb must be eaten."

Nodding, he walked over to the side.

Liu Erlong reached into the purse and drew out a purple and pink waterlily. "This is the Tranquility Waterlily. It has a gentle nature and works well in molding a good foundation for speed. Therefore, Xiao San believed this would best suit Shanxin. In addition to a good foundation, it will also provide a boost in spirit power. Only eat the petals though, the power comes from them, not the stem."

Bai Shanxin approached the Slaughtering Corner of the Golden Iron Triangle and took the Immortal Herb. "I understand, Vice Dean Liu."

She walked over next to Gu Xingyun and waited for the others to receive their Immortal Herbs so they could all meditate and absorb them together.

Flender reached into the purse and drew out the next one. "This is the Cinnabar Lotus. With its inclination towards yin coldness, Xiao San believed that it would best suit one of you with poison, leaving us to decide which one of you gets it. Jiaxiang, since your poison already numbs affected spirit masters by targeting their nervous system, we believe that this Immortal Herb would best suit you. This Herb is also known to increase one's spirit power quite a bit. To achieve its full potential, eat the whole Herb."

Shu Jiaxiang stepped forward and received her Immortal Herb. Its tan surface and spotted yellow red cross section, combining with its slender and curved stalk, truly seemed agile, much like Shu Jiaxiang's Shadow Cheetah.

"Yes, Dean Flender."

She joined the other two off to the side. Yu Xiaogang reached into the purse again and pulled out another Herb.

"This is the Black Jade Divine Bamboo. Normally, it would go to a plant-type spirit master, but out of you seven, the plant type is auxiliary, Xiao San decided it should go to Suyin. This Herb has the ability to strengthen your webs, much like it would a plant, so that they're not broken as easily as they are now. It will also offer a spirit power boost. Consume the stalk and branches."

Liao Suyin accepted the Immortal Herb from him. "Thank you, Grandmaster."

Liao Suyin walked over to the side, coming to stand with the others. Liu Erlong reached into the purse and pulled out a sea green sprout plant.

She explained, "This is the Origin Energy Immortal Grass. It's main function is to increase spirit power, and it has a gentle nature. As such, Xiao San believed it should go to Youyou. Youyou, your tyrannical second spirit ability might have to be used during the battle with Spirit Empire. To be able to sustain yourself while also replenishing your teammates, you need the foundation of spirit power. Thus, this Herb will suit you the best. Eat sprouts and the roots to get its full power."

"Thank you, Vice Dean Liu."

Fang Youyou stepped forward, received the Immortal Herb and stepped off to the side. Next, Flender reached into the purse. He pulled out a silvery stemmed plant. The petals, though, seemed translucent, like lights.

The Shrek Seven Tyrants all believed that this Immortal Herb would go to Ru Shenqi.

But instead, Flender said, "This Silver Light Mint has a fragrance attribute. If one smells it too much, their mental state will be weakened. Yong, since you are a Spirit System spirit master, Xiao San believed it would best suit you."

A shocked expression crossed Ming Yong's face. But he couldn't argue. They all knew how smart Tang San was. If he believed it was so, then it must be true.

He walked forward and took the Immortal Herb from Flender. "Thank you, Dean Flender."

"Only eat the mint leaves, the stem is bitter and won't help anything."

Ming Yong nodded and joined Gu Xingyun, Bai Shanxin, Shu Jiaxiang, Liao Suyin, and Fang Youyou off to the side. The only one remaining now was Ru Shenqi. She looked at Yu Xiaogang with wide and hopeful eyes.

He reached into the purse and retrieved the final Immortal Herb. "This is the Full Moon Wearing Autumn Dew. Though it may not look like much, this rare Immortal Herb goes by another name as well: Keen Gaze Dew. Because of this, and its effects on the eyes, Xiao San thought it would suit you the best, Xiao Shen. Usually, it will boost one's spirit power by a lot, but since you're already a sixty fifth ranked Spirit Emperor, it's spirit power help may not end up being much. Though its boosts on your eyesight will be substantial. Eat only the petals, Xiao Shen."

She took the Immortal Herb from him. "Yes, Grandmaster."

All of the Seven Tyrants sat down in a circle in the main tent as they ate their Immortal Herbs. Bright aura light emitted from each of them as they began to absorb the power. The Golden Iron Triangle formed a triangle array around them, guarding to make sure nothing would go wrong.

After two hours, Bai Shanxin and Fang Youyou had already finished absorbing theirs. They had had the gentlest Immortal Herbs, while the others would have to battle a bit.

After two more hours, Shu Jiaxiang, Ming Yong, and Ru Shenqi finished their absorptions.

Three hours later, Gu Xingyun finished his.

Fang Youyou, undergoing the most spirit power advancement, was sweating. His whole body pulsated with a sea green color. The others watched, nervously.

Bai Shanxin asked worriedly, "Grandmaster, will he be alright?"

"Yes, as long as his body doesn't reject the Immortal Herb, and his hasn't, he will be alright. It just that his spirit power will advance the most due to the attribute of the Origin Energy Immortal Grass."

"Oh."

<><><>

Early the next morning, Fang Youyou finally finished absorbing his Immortal Herb. Everyone breathed a sigh of relief.

Flender chuckled and asked, "So you little Tyrants, just how much did Xiao San's herbs help you?"

Shu Jiaxiang answered first, "My poison evolved and is more potent now. It not only gives a numbing effect, but also a feeling of supreme chill."

"My Golden Heavenly Lion has grown stronger and my attack power is more explosive."

"My eyesight distance has increased by ten meters. The brilliance of colors has also doubled."

"My speed has taken a drastic increase. I feel like I can fly as fast as Granduncle now."

"My webs are indeed more durable. My eight jade legs are stronger too."

"My spiritual attacks have all grown stronger. Along with emotional control, there's also control over sense of smell now too, thanks to the Silver Light Mint's fragrance."

Fang Youyou was the last to answer. Finally, he said, "All of my spirit skills can now aid up to fifteen spirit masters. My first spirit skill can now give a ten percent stamina boost instead of five. My third spirit skill restores spirit power by seventy five percent now instead of fifty, and my fourth spirit skill now gives a twenty percent strength boost instead of fifteen."

"EH, WHAT?!" everyone gasped.

Yu Xiaogang smiled. "Good, that's good."

Unlike Ning Rongrong, Fang Youyou didn't have to use the Heart Separation Control. He could already distribute his petal to whoever needed his aid. So his support abilities had become quite tyrannical.

Liu Erlong said, "Children, what spirit ranks are you now? I want to know if I get to slaughter any spirit beasts in the next two weeks!"

Fear poured into their hearts at Liu Erlong's words.

"Erlong, don't scare them!" Flender bemoaned.

Gu Xingyun spoke up first, "I'm now a fifty seventh ranked Spirit King. Maybe I'll reach fifty eight by the finals."

Shu Jiaxiang said, "I'm now a fifty first ranked Spirit King."

Bai Shanxin echoed her, "I'm a fifty first ranked Spirit King."

Liao Suyin added, "I'm a fiftieth ranked Spirit King."

"I'm a fifty third ranked Spirit King," Ming Yong chimed in.

"I'm a sixty ninth ranked Spirit Emperor. But I can feel there's barely any distance to seventieth rank. Perhaps, after hunting for spirit beasts, I'll achieve it."

"Eh? Xiao Shen really is a Little God!" the others cried.

Fang Youyou said, "During the Preliminaries, I was at the forty second rank. While you all competed during the Rankings, I cultivated my way to the forty fifth rank and kept up with everyone. But now, after eating that Origin Energy Immortal Grass, my spirit power is at the fifty sixth rank."

6