53. A Tyrannical Team
226 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yu Xiaogang shook his head and explained, "Only if the people's spirits are compatible can a spirit fusion ability occur. This isn't one, though it does resemble it. This is spirit power fusion. All seven combine their spirit power into a single attack. Xiao Shen, as the holder of the spirit ability, can control its attack power. But it relies on all of them. And while they're in this state, none can be harm. The pillars of spirit power protect them from all attacks."

The other four gaped.

This truly was a tyrannical team.

"Pack Howl!" Ru Shenqi's voice rose up, initiating the final strike.

The ray of pure spirit power surged. It barreled straight towards the poor Crescent Double Headed Serpent, which stood no chance. It hissed as the attack hit. When the light faded, once voice rose up.

"Third spirit skill, Flowering Lotus Regrowth!"

With Gu Xingyun's hand and Fang Youyou's support, Ru Shenqi stood on shaky legs. Turning her head, she said, "Yu Xiongmeng, this millennium year spirit beasts suits you. Us Shrek Seven Tyrants have handled it for you. Go on and get its ring."

Dumbstruck, Yu Xiongmeng gaped at the monstrous children in front of him. He was fourteen, still two years older than Ru Shenqi but she had completely surpassed him in terms of spirit power and strength.

Finally freeing himself of his daze, he murmured, "Then I will have to thank mei mei and her friends for their trouble."

He walked forward and summoned some lightning to deal the killing blow. Soon, a purple spirit ring emerged. He reached out and began to absorb it. Ru Shenqi launched her Goddess of Nine Stars Domain, thereby giving an atmosphere rich in spirit power to stabilize him.

After only an hour, he stood up. "Mom, Dad, I'm a Spirit Ancestor."

Dugu Yan and Yu Tianheng let out a sigh of relief. Yu Xiaogang nodded.

Ru Shenqi asked, "What ability did this Crescent Double Headed Serpent give you?"

Yu Xiongmeng answered, "My fourth spirit ability is called Thunder Crescent. Let me demonstrate, mei mei, you don't mind?"

Grinning, she said, "Do your worst."

He backed up, and his fourth spirit ring glowed. "Fourth spirit skill, Thunder Crescent!"

Two ten meter long crescent lightning attacks locked down on Ru Shenqi. They closed in on her, and she smirked.

"Third spirit skill, Clear Crystal Armor!" After protecting herself, she called, "Fifth spirit skill, Clear Crystal Myriad Flames!"

Just as his lightning attacks were about to hit her from the left and right sides, her red ring flashed and purplish-black flames rose up around her as a barrier. The two spirit skills collided; spirit power fluctuations reverberated out twenty meters.

When the smoke died away, Ru Shenqi remained unharmed in the center of a burned ring of grass. Yu Xiongmeng inwardly sighed.

How can a millennium year spirit skill compare to a century millennium one?

"It is a commendable spirit skill, quite powerful. But against a Spirit Sage with only decade millennium and century millennium spirit skills, you have no chance of success. Hence why I was your best choice of opponent. You would not hurt me."

Dugu Bo couldn't believe his eyes. It was a little monster even more freaky than Little Freak!

Yu Tianheng and Dugu Yan turned towards the Shrek Seven Tyrants and bowed slightly. "Thank you for helping Xiongmeng hunt his fourth spirit ring. Indeed, this skill is quite good. Our loss over the Crystalline Mirror Moth is not as bad. This spirit beast did suit Xiongmeng better."

The Shrek Seven Tyrants bowed back. "It was our pleasure to work together and help find a suitable spirit beast for him."

With that, Yu Tianheng and Dugu Yan excused themselves and took their son towards the entrance to Sunset Forest. Dugu Bo saw them safely out. Once it was just the Shrek students and teachers once more, Ming Yong looked to the Golden Iron Triangle.

"Grandmaster, are we going to register at the Saint Spirit Hall?"

Yu Xiaogang nodded. "Let's go."

They swiftly left the spirit beast forest as well. Not too far away from the entrance to the forest was the Saint Spirit Hall of Heaven Dou City. The children went inside and met with Tong Ai once again.

"All seven of you have advanced?!"

They shook their heads. Gu Xingyun and Ru Shenqi said, "We haven't. We're just here to support our friends."

"Oh. Okay, then stand back."

They retreated a few steps.

Tong Ai asked, "Who will step forward first?"

Shu Jiaxiang did and released her spirit and five spirit rings. She placed her hand on the crystal ball and revealed having level fifty two spirit power. Tong Ai nodded.

"Good, strong."

Up next was Fang Youyou, and he released his spirit along with five rings. After placing his hand on the crystal ball, Tong Ai's eyes widened.

"An auxiliary system spirit master already at fifty seventh rank so young?!"

Fang Youyou shrugged. "We're all little monsters. What else can be expected?"

Liao Suyin stepped forward next. Her eight jade legs broke out from her back and five spirit rings circled her. She placed her hand on the crystal and revealed having fifty first ranked spirit power.

Ming Yong silently followed suit. His ebony qin appeared as five rings descended. He touched the crystal, and it glowed. Tong Ai's eyes widened again.

"Fifty fourth level spirit power?"

He nodded. She shook her head.

"Such a tyrannical team."

Bai Shanxin was the last one, and she released her Needle-Tailed Swift spirit. Five rings descended around her as well. She placed her hand on the crystal, revealing her fifty third level spirit power.

Tong Ai hummed. "Very good."

She tested the spirit power of the last two, despite them not having new rings. She was shocked to see Gu Xingyun was at the fifty eighth rank and even more surprised by Ru Shenqi having already broken through the seventieth level.

Leaving her dumbstruck, the kids headed over to the registrar desk where they got their badges etched with their fifth line.

Bai Shanxin's read: Fifty Third Ranked Spirit King, Registration Time: Douluo Calendar Year 2657, Registered at Heaven Dou City Saint Spirit Hall

Ming Yong's read: Fifty Fourth Ranked Spirit King, Registration Time: Douluo Calendar Year 2657, Registered at Heaven Dou City Saint Spirit Hall

Shu Jiaxiang's read: Fifty Second Ranked Spirit King, Registration Time: Douluo Calendar Year 2657, Registered at Heaven Dou City Saint Spirit Hall

Fang Youyou's read: Fifty Seventh Ranked Spirit King, Registration Time: Douluo Calendar Year 2657, Registered at Heaven Dou City Saint Spirit Hall

Liao Suyin's read: Fifty First Ranked Spirit King, Registration Time: Douluo Calendar Year 2657, Registered at Heaven Dou City Saint Spirit Hall

<><><>

The Shrek Seven Tyrants returned with the Golden Iron Triangle to Shrek Academy. There, they rested for a day before packing up and preparing to leave for Spirit City. The Finals Round was on the horizon, and everyone was excited to show their true strength. For the first time, the Shrek Seven Tyrants would fight together before the whole Continent.

Ru Shenqi was the most excited. Yu Xiaogang would not give her restrictions for the Finals Round, seeing as Hu Liena already knew how devilish she was. Even though they were unable to understand Hu Liena's reasons, since she hadn't sent anyone from Spirit Empire to kill her yet, they presumed she'd be safe for the moment.

Three carriages departed from Shrek Academy. In one, was the Shrek Seven Tyrants. In another was their three substitutes. In the last one was the Golden Iron Triangle.

They left Heaven Dou City and made their way southeast towards not only Spirit City but also Star Dou Great Forest. Ru Shenqi still needed her seventh spirit ring. The first night, they stopped in Suotuo City and rested in an inn. But a festival was going on, so the kids snuck out.

As they were wandering among the stands, the ten team members of Shrek Academy's Battle Team were amazed by all of the foods and decorations and ornaments for sale.

"Shanxin, Jiaxiang, Suyin, Xu Tian, look at these clothes!" Ru Shenqi called happily. "They're so pretty!"

"If only we had the money for it. We've been a long time without the spirit master stipend from Spirit Empire," Shu Jiaxiang answered.

"Who needs Spirit Empire?" Ru Shenqi spat.

Off in the shadows, a group of men heard her words and frowned.

Gu Xingyun placed a hand on her shoulder. "Watch what you say, Xiao Shen. The closer we get to Spirit City, they further into Spirit Empire's territory we get."

Eventually, the Shrek Seven Tyrants and their substitutes all split apart, going to look at things that interested each of them.

As Ru Shenqi was looking at bracelets, a hand clamped around her mouth. A muffled yelp escaped her before she was dragged away. A bag was put over her head, and she could only try to sense where she was headed. Knowing Yu Xiaogang didn't want her to reveal herself, she instead released her Fire Dragon Innate Domain to try and escape. But it didn't work. Instead, she received spiritual backlash and gained a headache.

Finally, she felt herself climbing stairs and being forced into a chair. When the bag was removed, her golden eyes widened. Sitting across from her was none other than the Ambassador of Spirit Empire, Xie Yue.

6