86. Hell’s Duo
148 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Shrek Seven Tyrants headed inwards from Seahorse Sacred Pillar. They returned to the forbidden area of Haishen Island and stood on Xiao Bai's back in the middle of the Sea Within a Sea there. Waiting for them at the base of the steps that led up to Haishen Hall was none other than the Sea Dragon Douluo.

"Since this test is about individual strength, only one of you can challenge him at a time," Xiao Bai explained. "You can't fight together against him."

Ru Shenqi turned towards Gu Xingyun. "If I go first, your rewards might be reduced. So, you go. I'll sit here and cultivate to my full strength."

"Are you sure, Xiao Shen?"

She smiled and nodded. "Show him the power of the Hell Ambassador."

Determination blossomed over Gu Xingyun's face. He nodded and leapt over to the platform. When he landed, he bowed.

"Greetings, Senior. This Hell Ambassador has come for his Trial."

Though the Sea Dragon Douluo was confused, he said, "Hmm. You seven are just as quick as your seniors before you. Alright then."

With that, he released his spirit. Nine spirit rings descended: two yellow, two purple, and five black. As a rank ninety five Titled Douluo, his strength could not be underestimated.

Gu Xingyun released his spirit as well. Fur sprouted on his body and his muscles bulged. His left eye turned blue while his right eye turned red. An eerie feeling of iciness and death surged from him. His heinous spirit erupted.

"Death God Domain!"

His slaughter intent spread all over the platform. But the Sea Dragon Douluo smirked.

"Devil-Breaking Domain!"

His domain shattered Gu Xingyun's. Shu Jiaxiang, Fang Youyou, Ming Yong, Liao Suyin, and Bai Shanxin gasped. Ru Shenqi quivered.

If he can break domains, then that means I can't use any of my three domains, which will greatly restrict me.

Gu Xingyun snarled. He released his second and then fourth spirit skills, giving his as many enhancements as possible. He lunged forward and struck out with his fourth spirit skill's claw strike. But the Sea Dragon Douluo easily evaded it.

"Is that the best you can do?" he taunted.

Gu Xingyun thought, Xiao Shen, what would you do?

The Sea Dragon Douluo surged forward and his third spirit ring lit up. A beam of water hit Gu Xingyun just after he launched his sixth spirit skill, Heavenly Lion Pride, to protect himself with his shield. But the attack still sent him flying backwards. He splashed into the Sea Within a Sea but quickly crawled his way out. He wasn't dumb; he knew he had to remain on land, otherwise this battle will be decided.

He released his seventh spirit skill. His Spirit Avatar emerged, and he initiated his frenzied twenty four round annihilation strike. Sea Dragon Douluo got thrown up to the twentieth step but barely showed any physical harm. Gu Xingyun growled.

His first spirit ring lit up. "First spirit skill, Heavenly Lion Roar!"

As he roared, he temporarily deafened the Titled Douluo. With that sliver of opportunity, he also launched his third spirit skill, Battering Heavenly Lion. Rushing forward, he rammed head first against his examiner who had pushed himself off the steps and flown forward. But the impact sent both flying in opposite directions. The Sea Dragon Douluo crashed into the forty third step while Gu Xingyun flew past the Shrek Six Tyrants and Xiao Bai and plunged into the Sea Within a Sea once more.

"Xingyun!" Ru Shenqi screeched. She rushed to get him, but Ming Yong's string wrapped around her. Her head whipped around as she glared at him.

"This is his fight. If he fails, you can challenge the Sea Dragon Douluo. There's no doubt you'd win. Once you're done, Xingyun can try again. But don't hold him back now."

Realizing Ming Yong was right, her shoulders slumped. She looked around, but didn't see him anywhere. All of a sudden, a tower of water rose up out of the Sea Within a Sea near the platform. Whipping around, she saw Gu Xingyun barreling towards the Titled Douluo.

Just then, her voice floated by his ear, "Your gravity skill might not work against the Sea Dragon Douluo's domain. Don't waste your spirit power finding out. Release your eighth spirit skill and in the ten seconds that you have, throw the halberd. That's your only chance."

He nodded. "Eighth spirit skill, Royal Heavenly Lion!"

His attributes increased by one hundred percent. And his suppression skill "froze" the Sea Dragon Douluo while also restricting his ability to unleash spirit skills. In the next moment, Gu Xingyun roared.

"King Tiger left arm bone skill, King Tiger Halberd!"

Once he had locked down on his opponent, he withdrew at an astonishing rate. Xiao Bai was confused.

"Why's he retreating?"

Fang Youyou explained, "The farther away he is, means the longer the halberd has to fly. Its speed and attack power will increase with more distance covered. So to get everything out of the halberd, he cannot be too close to the target."

Gu Xingyun landed on Xiao Bai's back. He had been counting the seconds. He still had six seconds left, so he threw the King Tiger Halberd with everything he had. It went flying towards the Sea Dragon Douluo, who could only watch helplessly as it got closer and closer. When the suppression ended, the halberd was almost to him. He dashed to the side to dodge, but the weapon followed. Alarmed, Sea Dragon Douluo's fifth spirit ring lit up.

"Fifth spirit ability: Sea Dragon Trembling Armor!"

This was a defensive ability! The same one that blocked Tang San's hidden weapons! But Gu Xingyun's halberd was different. It wasn't something man-made. It was a spirit bone from a decade millennium year spirit beast.

The halberd broke through the shield, shocking the Sea Dragon Douluo. Though its power was now greatly reduced, it still struck through the Titled Douluo's shoulder. He grunted in pain and clutched his right shoulder.

Gu Xingyun returned to the platform and bowed respectfully. "Senior, have I passed?"

"Yes."

With his free hand, the Sea Dragon Douluo lit up Haishen Hall. A red screen of light appeared around Gu Xingyun. The majestic voice announced, "Fifth Trial, Challenge Douluo, completed. Red Level Seven Test Award: spirit power increased two ranks."

The red light surged back into his forehead, and he bowed. "Many thanks to Senior. Please forgive us for our rudeness."

"By the Lord Sea God," the Titled Douluo muttered. "You're just as tricky as your Seniors. Fine."

Gu Xingyun nodded and returned to Xiao Bai. He rested a hand on Ru Shenqi's shoulder.

"Don't be too hard on him."

She smirked. "Youyou, come with me."

"Eh, whaaaa!"

She flicked out her golden wire and wrapped him up in it without hurting him. She released her Ultimate Darkness Wings and flew over to the platform. There, she retracted her wire, and both Tyrants bowed.

"Greetings, Senior."

"What is this? You cannot have help in your Trial."

Ru Shenqi straightened and shook her head. "Cheating isn't my intent. Youyou has a special spirit skill. You're injured from Xingyun's halberd, and I don't wish to fight unfairly. Youyou."

Catching her meaning, he nodded and looked at the wound on the Sea Dragon Douluo's shoulder. "Second spirit skill, Flowering Lotus Eternity."

His spirit appeared and began to spin clockwise. A rainbow colored petal flew off and landed on the wound site. Within seconds, it was completely healed and as good as new. The Sea Dragon Douluo's eyes widened.

"What is this tyrannical spirit skill?"

Fang Youyou explained quickly before bowing once more. Then, he returned to the others. Ru Shenqi saluted.

"I, Hell's Little Empress, am ready to finished my Fifth Trial."

"Very well! Let's see if you have what it takes!"

His ninth spirit ring lit up. Ru Shenqi's eyes widened.

Not good.

She quickly launched her seventh spirit skill. Her body became crystalline. Not trusting herself though, she also launched her third spirit skill and had the crystal clear shield protect her as well. The Sea Dragon's ninth spirit skill was a full-attack skill. He put all of his strength into this one attack. She started to back up. Her wings carried her out over the Sea Within a Sea.

As his tsunami of water grew closer, her Penta Divine Pearl Diadem lit up.

"Divine Pearl Sea Gate!"

Then, her own tsunami rose up, and the two powers crashed against each other. Shock filled her eyes when her shield and her crystalline body shattered. Blood spewed from her mouth, and she was shot into the water. The Sea Dragon Douluo released his seventh spirit skill and then his fourth. His fourth was a tyranny. It froze the area where Ru Shenqi was, and she became trapped in a block of ice. And under his Devil-Breaking Domain, her Fire Dragon Domain was useless. She was losing air quickly.

But then, a voice echoed in her mind, "Don't worry, my love. You'll be alright. You're strong enough now, let me show you what the sun bracelet really is."

Bright, white, celestial light exuded from Ru Shenqi. It cracked through the ice and broke it apart. Ru Shenqi shot up into the air. Floating ten meters in the air, Sea Dragon Douluo was stunned.

"YES, XIAO SHEN!" the Shrek Six Tyrants cried.

An apparition appeared behind her. The Sea Dragon Douluo and Xiao Bai's eyes widened. This twenty five meter tall apparition was of Bo Zuanshi.

"My beloved daughter," her voice echoed. "I changed the Goddess of Nine Stars' divine weapon into this sun bracelet for you. When you would become strong enough to wield it is when it would transform into its true appearance. Just as the Sea God has his trident and the Rakshasa God has his scythes and the Angel God has his sword, the Goddess of Nine Stars has the Nine Stars Whip."

The bracelet flew off of Ru Shenqi's wrist. The celestial power of the God seat of the Goddess of Nine Stars surged into it. Soon, it transformed into a silver handled, silver and white rope whip. It became a formidable weapon in Bo Zuanshi's hand. It whipped around and around like a lasso. When it wrapped around the Sea Dragon Douluo, she flicked it, swinging him back and forth.

"BO ZUANSHI!" he roared. "THIS IS JUST A TEST!"

But she didn't seem to hear him. The other six Sea Titled Douluos appeared and gaped. It had been years since they saw Bo Zuanshi last. And now, to see her, was dumbfounding. The other six Sea Titled Douluos gathered their power, preparing to attack.

"RU SHENQI!" her friends cried.

"This is the Nine Stars Whip, Twelve Flings. Not even Titled Douluo can escape this attack," Bo Zuanshi explained to her daughter. "Later, I will teach you the Nine Stars Whip, Lethal Strike."

Then, her mother's apparition disappeared. The whip transferred to Ru Shenqi's hand, and she quickly released the Sea Dragon Douluo. Both landed on the platform. Her friends dashed over, and Xiao Bai turned to human form. The six Sea Titled Douluos gathered behind the Sea Dragon Douluo while the Shrek Six Tyrants gathered at Ru Shenqi's side. Xiao Bai stood off to the side.

"What the hell was that?" the Sea Lance Douluo demanded. "Bo Zuanshi?!"

Ru Shenqi bowed her head. Then, a red burst of light appeared around her. The majestic voice proclaimed, "Ru Shenqi. Fifth Trial, Challenge the Douluos, completed. With completing the trial in less than half the allotted time, rewards are doubled. Red Level Eight Test Award: superimposed spirit power increase by four ranks."

The red light disappeared into her forehead. The Seven Sacred Pillar Guardians gaped at her. Her friends' jaws dropped. Xiao Bai was equally stunned.

"Hell's Little Empress, indeed," the Shrek Six Tyrants muttered together. "Going from a ninety third ranked Titled Douluo to a ninety seventh ranked Titled Douluo in a minute. Too tyrannical!"

She grinned before laughing. Sea Dragon Douluo stepped forward.

"How did you summon your mother?"

As her laughing died away, a sadness filled her eyes. "Not all of you might know, but my mother died when I was four. What you saw just now wasn't really my mother, but her apparition passed down to me. Somewhat like the Lord Sea God's apparition with Sect Leader."

"But Tang San was becoming the Sea God," Sea Ghost Douluo countered.

Ru Shenqi raised an eyebrow as an evil smile spread across her lips. Suddenly, a brilliant nine-pointed star replaced the Red octagon on her forehead. Her Nine Stars Domain spread out from her, basking everyone in a warm, celestial white light.

"I, Ru Shenqi, Hell's Little Empress, am not just the youngest Titled Douluo on Haishen Island or Douluo Continent. I'm also the youngest person to hold a God seat. When I was four, I succeeded my mother, Bo Zuanshi, as the Goddess of Nine Stars."

5