94. Arrival in Suotuo City
135 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Early the next day, with tearful farewells, the Shrek Seven Tyrants set out from Shrek Academy. To travel more inconspicuously, they went on foot, running at a steady pace. After Yu Xiaogang's original devilish training and then the nurturing under the pressure of the Sea God's Light and their Tidal Body Refining, this jaunt was nothing to them. They made good time and got halfway to Suotuo City in a day. Stopping at a small village, the seven friends rested for the night. They all cultivated as the bright full moon shone outside.

As the sun peeked up from the horizon the next morning, the Shrek Seven Tyrants got going. When they finally arrived in Suotuo City, the sun was just beginning to set. Ru Shenqi turned towards her friends.

"Let's split up. Yong, Shanxin, you two go with Jiaxiang. Make sure her family's alright. Xingyun, Youyou, go with Suyin. Make sure the Magistrate and his sisters are safe. I'll scout the city for members of Spirit Empire. We can meet back up tomorrow morning at the inn we've stayed at in the past."

Her friends agreed, and they split.

<><><>

Ming Yong and Bai Shanxin followed Shu Jiaxiang to her home. When they saw four spirit masters standing guard outside the manor, Shu Jiaxiang stopped in her tracks. She slipped behind a corner, and the other two did the same.

Ming Yong asked, "Jiaxiang, what is it?"

"I don't recognize those spirit masters. They're not part of my family."

Bai Shanxin realized, "They're all Spirit Kings! They must belong to Spirit Empire!"

All three's spirits erupted as they entered their spirit avatar states. As Ming Yong began to play his qin, making the Spirit Kings' minds go blanks and paralyzing them, Shu Jiaxiang and Bai Shanxin shot forward. Two spirit skills launched simultaneously. Shadow Cheetah Slash and Swift Dance's attack, Air Strike, quickly took care of the four Spirit Kings. Shu Jiaxiang's eighth spirit skill, Shadow Cheetah Slash, not only gave her a hundred percent increase in all attributes but was also a blitz attack that slashed at enemies within a five meter radius, dealing heavy damage.

With the guards taken care of, the three friends raced up to the front doors. Shu Jiaxiang slowly pushed them open a crack, and she slipped inside with Ming Yong and Bai Shanxin. Then, she closed the doors quickly.

"Do you want me to scout the place out first?"

Shu Jiaxiang nodded, and Bai Shanxin's eighth spirit ring lit up. Her eighth spirit skill, Swift Scout, would not only increase her attributes by one hundred percent, but also make her invisible and silent. Her eyesight range would also increase by ten meters to allow for a quick and easy scouting. She flew off in the blink of an eye and returned a few seconds later.

"Your family's gathered in the main hall. They've sensed our presences and are on the defensive now."

"Then let's go in slowly. We don't want to scare them anymore," Shu Jiaxiang suggested.

The other two nodded in agreement and followed her further into the Shu family manor. As they approached the doors leading into the main hall, Shu Jiaxiang slowed. She looked down at the ground.

"I haven't seen my parents and sisters in three years. Will they even recognize me?"

After their time on Haishen Island, the Shrek Seven Tyrants' auras had greatly changed. They were stronger now, and also more frightening. Their domination had been well-earned through trials and tribulations.

Bai Shanxin rested a hand on her shoulder. "They're your family. Of course they will."

Just then, the doors burst open. Out flew five people. Usually the three would've had Ru Shenqi's shields to protect them, but this time, she wasn't there to help. Ming Yong activated his Divine Amber Seagull left arm bone and defended with Seagull's Blockade. Bai Shanxin took off and launched her second spirit skill, speeding up in the air. Shu Jiaxiang used her fourth spirit skill, Shadow Cheetah Ether, to evade the attack. Five figures came at them all at once, and freakishly fast.

"Mom, Dad, Jiari1舒假日 - given name meaning "holiday", Jiazhuang2舒假装 - given name meaning "to feign/pretend", Jiajie3舒假借 - given name meaning "lenient/tolerant", it's me. Jiaxiang!"

The five stopped. They eyed the newcomers warily but recognized their family member. Within seconds, they were at her side.

Her mother asked, "Jiaxiang, are you okay? Who are these spirit masters with you? We sensed Spirit Douluos and thought Spirit Empire had come to bother us again."

"Bother you again?"

"They left us alive, but only so that when you came here, they would kill you. And we'd still be alive to see it," her father explained.

Fury flared in her eyes. "Spirit Empire!"

Ming Yong bowed respectfully. "Aunt, Uncle, Cousins, don't worry. Jiaxiang is safe with us. There's four other friends with us. Three are headed to the Magistrate's residence while one is scouting the city for Spirit Empire's movements."

The eldest of the Shu sisters, Shu Jiari, wondered, "Then what ranks are you all at? We sensed Spirit Douluos before. But Jiaxiang is the baby of the family. And even our father is only at the seventy sixth rank."

Eight spirit rings descended around Ming Yong. Eight appeared around Bai Shanxin. And an equal eight appeared around Shu Jiaxiang.

The Shu family's eyes widened. "Y- you're all Spirit Douluos?!"

"Ming Yong, spirit Seven Stringed Dragon Qin, eighty seventh ranked Spirit System Battle Spirit Douluo."

"Bai Shanxin, spirit Needle-Tailed Swift, eighty fourth ranked Agility Attack System Battle Spirit Douluo."

"Shu Jiaxiang, spirit Shadow Cheetah, eighty fourth ranked Agility Attack System Battle Spirit Douluo."

After having fought Spirit Empire twice and cultivating and resting back in Heaven Dou City, the Shrek Seven Tyrants had all risen another level in terms of spirit power.

"Then what are your other friends at?"

The three chuckled amongst themselves. For how could they explain Ru Shenqi without her being present to shock everyone?

But Shu Jiaxiang spoke up, "You know Suyin. She's also an eighty fourth ranked Spirit Douluo."

Her family nodded, pleased.

"Then, our friend Fang Youyou is a twenty-two year old, eighty fourth ranked Spirit Douluo from the Auxiliary System. He went with Suyin though, so maybe you'll meet him later. The same goes for Gu Xingyun. He's our Vice-Captain and the eldest among us at twenty six years old, while also being the Crown Prince of Guang Kingdom in Star Luo Empire. He's a ninety fourth ranked Titled Douluo, known as Golden Lion Douluo."

All five pairs of eyes bugged. "A Titled Douluo? You youngsters have already managed to reach the Titled Douluo realm?!"

Ming Yong chuckled, "Oh, Titled Douluo's nothing compare to our Captain."

The five Shu's eyes furrowed. "Huh?"

Bai Shanxin smiled mysteriously and revealed, "Our Captain, Ru Shenqi, is the youngest of us at twenty years old. But she's also the most powerful one of us. At nineteen, she became a Titled Douluo. But even now, she has already surpassed the Limit Douluo stage and entered the ranks of Godhood. As a one hundred and sixth ranked Third Class God, Xiao Shen with her Clear Crystal Eyes spirit became the Head Flamen of Haishen Island and the Goddess of Nine Stars."

"AHH?! HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?!"

Shu Jiaxiang's father looked at her and said, "Jiaxiang, your friend here must be joking. There's no way a twenty year old could attain Godhood."

Before any of the Shrek Three Tyrants could respond, a noble voice resonated from above. "Actually, I attained Godhood at the age of four when my mother passed the God seat down to me."

Floating down from above like a real Goddess, Ru Shenqi landed softly next to Ming Yong. She bowed respectfully to Shu Jiaxiang's parents and sister.

"Aunt, Uncle, Cousins. I am Ru Shenqi, the Captain of the Shrek Seven Tyrants."

"Xiao Shen," Bai Shanxin began. "What's Spirit Empire up to?"

"The Child Spirit Hall here is teeming with Spirit Masters. And they're all Spirit Kings or higher. I noticed you dealt with four outside."

She nodded. "What do you think they're doing?"

"Simple, trying to break Suotuo City's fighting spirit." Just then, a chill appeared in Ru Shenqi's eyes. She thought, But tomorrow, this city will will see Spirit Empire wiped from it.

The five Shu's all shuddered from the aura and pressure radiating from her. She turned to look at them once more.

"Don't worry, Jiaxiang will be safe with us."

"A- are you really a Goddess?" Shu Jiaxiang's mother asked.

Ru Shenqi nodded. Her eyes suddenly flashed silver-white, and her spirit rings descended slowly. As each red one appeared, an overwhelming feeling of suppression washed over them. Upon seeing the silver-white Divine Rings, the noble aura doubled. When all ten rings had appeared, they danced around her rhythmically. The five couldn't believe what they were seeing. Leaning forward, they rubbed their eyes to make sure they weren't mistaking it. When her rings remained the same, pure fear and respect filled their hearts.

"I would never let my friends come to any harm. They're my family, and I will protect them at all costs. Please don't worry about your daughter. Her spirit skills are tyrannical. The Shrek Seven Tyrants wouldn't be complete without her."

Ming Yong and Bai Shanxin nodded in agreement. They knew Ru Shenqi's intent. Reassure the family so they wouldn't fret or keep her in Suotuo City.

Shu Jiaxiang's family shared a look before saying, "We know you don't want to settle down yet, but perhaps you should. The war is getting scarier. If you marry the Third Young Master from the Lai family now, they can keep you safer than we can."

Shu Jiaxiang lowered her head. "Mom, Dad, I'm going to Rising Dragon City with my friends. We have to get Star Luo Empire's troops to join Heaven Dou Army at Liuying Gorge."

"Absolutely not!" her father cried. "That's too dangerous! You will not go."

Just then, a chill fell over the Shu family manor. Ice spread out from Ru Shenqi as the evolved skill of the Death God Domain activated.

With a dangerously cold voice, she said, "The Shrek Seven Tyrants work together and stay together. I'm sorry, Uncle and Aunt, but Jiaxiang is coming with us. We're only passing through Suotuo City. Suyin isn't staying either."

The Shu's eyes widened. They hadn't been expecting Ru Shenqi to so blatantly oppose them. They gaped at her, but her icy slaughter intent and heinous spirit made them cringe away. Shu Jiaxiang turned and clasped her hand.

"Xiao Shen, thank you, but let me deal with my family."

The flaring red and blue flames at the corner of her eyes slowly faded. When her heinous spirit and slaughter intent had settled, she nodded slowly.

"Yong, Shanxin, come. Let's give them some privacy."

The other two nodded and followed her out of the Shu family manor. In front of the front gates, they waited.

<><><>

When the Shrek Seven Tyrants had split up earlier, Fang Youyou and Gu Xingyun followed Liao Suyin over to the Magistrate's manor. As they were drawing near, they heard the clanging of armor. Peeking her head around a corner, Liao Suyin saw over twenty Spirit Empire soldiers guarding the front doors. Her fists clenched, knuckles turning white.

Fang Youyou leaned forward and whispered in her ear, "I know you and Xingyun can handle them. But we can call for Xiao Shen if you want to."

"No, she's busy figuring out Spirit Empire's motive for being here." Liao Suyin turned to look at Gu Xingyun, "Let's show these lackeys what Tyrants are."

He nodded. Fang Youyou quietly boosted them with increased attributes, stamina, strength, and speed. They sped out from around the corner and unleashed hell.

"Death God Domain, Evolved Skill: Demon Hell!"

Ice shot out from Gu Xingyun and froze the soldiers. He launched his seventh spirit skill, entering his spirit avatar state. Ramming into ten soldiers, his forty eight round strike began. As for the others, Liao Suyin used her Black Tortoise torso bone and teleported over to them. Taking them by surprise, she instantly spread her jade tarantula legs and launched her sixth spirit skill, Tarantula Spite. The hair on her legs turned to sharp needles and flew out. They poisoned the other soldiers. When all of them fell, Fang Youyou emerged from around the corner.

"Third spirit skill, Flowering Lotus Regrowth."

After he restored their spirit power by seventy five percent, the three friends entered the Magistrate's manor. Servants, upon seeing Liao Suyin at the forefront, all bowed respectfully. When the Shrek Three Tyrants entered the main hall, smiles broke out on Liao Shizheng and his younger sister and younger brother's faces.

"Suyin!" they all cried and ran over to her. She embraced her family in a big hug.

"Dage, Jiejie, Didi."

Liao Shizheng pulled back. "Let me look at you. You've grown so much since we've seen you last."

"Dage, I heard that you all were threatened with my life."

He nodded. "That's right."

Liao Suyin's younger brother, Liao Lanyue4廖览月 - given name meaning "See the Moon", spoke up, "Second Sister, why did you return if you knew it was dangerous? Aren't you worried?"

Liao Suyin smirked, "Me, worried? Why should I be?"

Gu Xingyun and Fang Youyou tried to hold back snickers. Liao Shizheng cleared his throat and looked at them.

"You two escorted my meimei home safely. I must thank you for that. But who do I have to thank?"

The younger of the two stepped forward first. "My name is Fang Youyou, and my spirit is the Rainbow Colored Flowering Lotus."

"You're an Auxiliary System Spirit Master?"

He nodded. "And I'm a twenty two year old, eighty fourth ranked Spirit Douluo."

Liao Suyin's siblings' eyes bugged. "What?! A Spirit Douluo so young?!"

At that moment, Gu Xingyun announced himself. "My name is Gu Xingyun, and I'm the twenty six year old Crown Prince of Guang Kingdom in Star Luo Empire. My spirit is the Golden Heavenly Lion."

"Your Highness, welcome. Suyin never told us she knew a prince," Liao Shizheng greeted warmly.

Gu Xingyun smiled a slightly evil smile. "Please, I don't like flaunting my royal status. You can just call me Golden Lion Douluo."

Fang Youyou and Liao Suyin bit their lips, trying hard not to laugh as Liao Shizheng, Liao Lanyue, and Liao Cancan5廖璨璨 - given name meaning "Very Bright" choked in shock. "GOLDEN LION DOULUO?! A TITLED DOULUO?!"

Gu Xingyun released his spirit, and his spirit rings descended. As the Liao family saw the three purple, three black, and three red spirit rings they stumbled backwards in shock. Fang Youyou laughed boisterously this time and released his own spirit. His Lotus materialized in his right hand as his spirit rings appeared. Upon seeing his four purple, two black, and two red spirit rings, they cried out in shock.

"CENTURY MILLENNIUM SPIRIT RINGS! SO MANY CENTURY MILLENNIUM SPIRIT RINGS! THEY'RE REALLY CENTURY MILLENNIUM SPIRIT RINGS! SUYIN, HURRY AND RELEASE YOUR SPIRIT!"

She smiled, and her jade legs stretched out from her back. Her spirit rings descended, and her siblings gawked when they saw she had the same configuration as Fang Youyou.

"AIYA! HOW?!"

"Haishen Island," all three responded simply.

Finally, Liao Suyin's siblings recomposed themselves.

"Hmm, Haishen Island really lives up to its reputation. Good, very good," Liao Cancan said, nodding.

Liao Lanyue asked, "Second Sister, how is Jiaxiang?"

"She came home too. Jiaxiang also has the same spirit ring configuration of four purple, two black, and two red as Youyou and me. But she went home with our other friends to make sure her family was okay."

"Your other friends? How many others came to Suotuo City?" Liao Shizheng asked.

"There's only seven of us. But two went with Jiaxiang, and the last one went to scout out the Child Spirit Hall."

"Alone? One of you went alone?"

"Trust me, Xiao Shen can hold her own," Gu Xingyun cut in. "She's the true definition of a Tyrant."

Fang Youyou explained, "Our friends Ming Yong and Bai Shanxin also share Suyin, Jiaxiang, and my spirit ring configurations. The five of us are all Spirit Douluos. Me and the girls are at the eighty fourth rank, but Yong is eighty seventh ranked. And the last of us, Ru Shenqi, at twenty years old, is a Third Class God at the one hundred and sixth rank."

Liao Suyin added, "Although there's only seven of us, we're well-known in our generation as the Shrek Seven Tyrants."

"A God? At twenty? There's no way," her siblings denied.

Just then, a gentle wind blew the doors open. A tall and slender woman entered wearing a metallic silver, floor length dress and was holding a Golden Scepter in her right hand. As she strode in, a noble and tranquil aura exuded from her.

Gu Xingyun, Fang Youyou, and Liao Suyin's eyes widened. "Xiao Shen?"

Liao Shizheng, Liao Lanyue, and Liao Cancan gawked at the newcomer. She looked ethereal, like a Goddess.

With a kind smile on her lips, she nodded to the three other Liao's. "Cousins."

"W- who- who are you?" Liao Shizheng asked.

Calmly, she replied, "I am Ru Shenqi, although many call me Xiao Shen."

"Are you really a God?" Liao Lanyue wondered in amazement.

She nodded. "I'm the Goddess of Nine Stars."

To prove it, she released a few nine-pointed stars. They were completely under her control, and she danced them around the room. When she recalled them, a gentle look crossed her features.

"Although I'm the Goddess of Nine Stars, my spirit is Clear Crystal Eyes. I'm also the Head Flamen of Haishen Island."

Three pairs of eyes bugged. "WHAT?! HEAD FLAMEN OF HAISHEN ISLAND?!"

Ru Shenqi waved her Golden Scepter and explained, "With this Golden Scepter, I can command the Power of the Ocean and the Power of Haishen Hall. As such, I am unparalleled on the seas."

Liao Suyin chuckled, "Xiao Shen, why don't you release your spirit?"

Ru Shenqi nodded and did so. Her eyes flashed silver-white, and her spirit rings descended.

Red.

Red.

Red.

Red.

Red.

Red.

Red.

Red.

Silver-white.

Silver-white.

"AIYA, WHAT IS THIS?! ALL CENTURY MILLENNIUM GRADE SPIRIT RINGS?! AND WHAT ARE THOSE LAST TWO?!"

"Those are my Divine Rings. They're not normal Mortal Rings. They don't come from spirit beasts but from the power of Gods."

Suddenly, Ru Shenqi's eyes flashed with murderous intent. An iciness seeped from her.

"Xiao Shen?" Gu Xingyun began.

"Who dares to make trouble for my friends?" she asked coldly.

Using her White Wolf Emperor left leg bone, she sped out of the main hall. By the time Gu Xingyun, Fang Youyou, and Liao Suyin had raced outside, she was already long gone, having teleported over to the Shu family manor.

<><><>

Back at the Shu family manor, Ru Shenqi, Bai Shanxin, and Ming Yong paced outside.

"If Jiaxiang's family doesn't let her leave, what will we do?" Bai Shanxin wondered.

"Jiaxiang might sneak out," Ming Yong replied. "She's already said she doesn't want to get married to the Third Young Master Lai."

"They'll change their tune tomorrow," Ru Shenqi stated.

The other two eyed her, scared. "What do you have planned, Xiao Shen?"

A wicked smile spread across her lips. "Suotuo City will see freedom tomorrow."

5