00: These are the players
56 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The hour had arrived, after thirteen years of development without any pause, the biggest project of the year had finally been completed. The 923,365,485,541,021,144,536,988 people present beat their excited palms as they watched the central holograms unfold. The huge figure of a purple eye was formed and along with it the screams began. The eye moved away as if from a camera and then the rest of the aberrant body could be seen. A floating creature with a large eye, a mouth with sharp teeth, two tentacles with pointed toes and wearing a lizard costume of dubious quality gave a strange laugh.

“What do inferior beings of the XLVII century look like?!” he shouted and the audience went crazy.

“Finally we will start today's main event! And...” it began to collide their eyeballs of the tentacles.

“Today we honor the rise of a historical figure for the RPG and for the group of ARES: The Great Dictator that took us out of the dark age of the XXI!” He pulled out his chest and gave a military salute.

Tukeke Dictator!” he exclaimed and a tear welled up in his eye. After a little moment of silence he wiped his eye and with an elegant smile made the iconic greeting of the group: “Hail Ares!” he stretched the right tentacle to the sky, which was imitated by most of the people present and accompanied by a sound similar to that of small water shot. When observing that reaction another drop rolled by the cheek of the creature and with a smile full of nostalgia could not avoid feeling happy and inspired by the old legends.

He winked the eyes of his tentacles as a signal to start the show and four logos emerged: the first was made up entirely of dice that formed the word Ares, the second was a mixture of the propellers of a combat helicopter and the male signs and women who let glimpse the name 4Pache47, the third was blood spilled next to one with pieces of chicken instead of letters to write Leroy JK and the last was a word Versions that every second changed colors and textures.

“These were the four teams of inferior beings fortunate enough to participate in the first release of this marvel” he said and waved his arms excitedly. “Why do not we know them a little?”

Then the different logos disappeared and 4Pache47 took a place above the presenter, five obscured silhouettes surrounded him and he began to point out those figures one by one. The first to be signaled was illuminated and revealed a humanoid made on the basis of the classic green binary code that seemed to be falling. Right above his head you could read his nickname Badbg.

"The most recent player in the team" the presenter read from a file, and looking confused, he looked through the paper twice and with a disappointed face proceeded to finish: “It seems that this is all we know about him, boring to me”

Without much encouragement he approached the next silhouette and revealed what and who he was. An old air conditioner was transformed into a small robot that for some reason used lenses.

"The boy who will undoubtedly play three heavy jokes in two seconds and you will not be able to get angry," he said as his tone progressively improved and he recovered the excited spirit of before. “Famous for having managed to defeat a Golden Elder Dragon with a COCONOUT! The great 1010! Those are achievements, damn”

The next one turned out to be a little girl mounted on an empty giant armor that waved her sword causing bursts of air that almost did not bring out the three-eyed presenter.

"How can we not remember it? The girl who achieves the impossible with her luck, is already in demand 344 times by game developers, server administrators, players and associations of different tournaments under the suspicion of deliberately hacking the base program" he looked with a sarcastic face at the audience. "And none of them was proven, or so they say, P'P!"

Next to her was a simpler Avatar, a Doctor in his lab coat and a gas mask, who was instantly visible to all and pulled out a crumpled document from his pocket saying "Please go see a Doctor twice a year, I recommend Mathematics."

"This guy, shameless, aggressive and compulsive, he won the hearts of all of us by sacrificing himself last year so that his team had the chance to win the Spatial Hit Parody tournament, BiologiMaster!" he walked away a little and whispered: "It's a pity that his team did not find out about it until the end and decided not to recognize him as a member by winning" he laughed.

"And finally we have the most famous member," he yelled, giving a double turn to aim at the last silhouette.

He was a shirtless muscular man with huge black hair and tight leather pants. That man turned around and throwing his hair to the other side revealed the face and body of a woman who, when she tied up ropes, was wearing a backless leather spy suit.

"And there they are, the only one in the world who has been able to play two characters at the same time in Crazy Day Revenge! PlusG !, and here are the five teammates of the player who received the most votes from Individual way with a total of ... "He stopped to read book for a few seconds and quickly passed ten pages. "I will never read such a number," he said, throwing the book back.

The presentations continued using the same dynamic with the Leroy JK team. The first of the five members of this one had the appearance of a giant chicken.

"This guy is the best, no, honestly I do not know almost anyone who can be as loyal and as good with his teammates as this guy, ladies and farms he is Chicken!" He adopted a seductive look. "The man who will always be there to support them"

Then he directed his tentacles to two shadows at the same time teaching a bodybuilder so hairless that shining opaque his facial features to resemble a mirror that reflected all the light of the place and a martial artist who was so hairy gave the impression of being a a mass of hair covered by a karate suit and nothing else.

"Well, what can we say about Leee and Rooooyyy, both are brutal, both are smart and yet both have deliberately ignored the few odds and have died more than a million times in several games. Of course, these are the most persistent lower beings that exist in the world"

And the two final avatars were a woman in flames and another with so many weapons that the correct thing would not be to say that he wore them, but that they wore him.

"And here we have the duo of Jeeen and Kiiinns !, the only beings that have beaten seven times the world record for more enemies defeated in Spatial Hit Parody without dying once." According to Wikipedia, they have killed an average of 70,000 per game in those seven games." he pulled out a document. "They are the members of the team that gathered the most votes to participate, with an amount that surely exceeds what I can say without the need to invent numbers that do not exist!"

The Avatars of this team were placed at the bottom next to the others. The presenter hit three times a red button at his side releasing tons of false confetti that covered the place and filled it like a huge pool.

"As everyone will know, the next team is the one that millions of you hate just for being chosen, those whose luck brought them the greatest and most special adventure of their lives and perhaps even those of their future grandchildren." He took a microphone and turned off the lights of the place to get all the attention. "The team ... Versions!" he exclaimed turning to see the background that was illuminated by a single light revealing a man dressed in a jacket and white glasses, a black shirt and a formal attitude; a girl wearing lions and wolves on her body; a queen in a red dress sitting on her throne holding a golden scepter; a subject with a flannel and a monkey smoking a cigar and a man built with blocks for children of different colors.

"And they are Vertical, Vorpal, Victorious, Vicious and Virtual the members of the team chosen at random among the infinite requests that all sent" he stammered in the fastest way he could to get past them soon.

"Having already fulfilled most of the agenda of presentations and observing the obvious need for the game to begin, we will skip the presentation of the group of chosen at random among the members of ARES, because, and they all saw the Directorate of two days ago in which were chosen five members that met the META, Veteran, Otaku, Gamer and Noob categories"

The holograms dispersed leaving the solitary presenter on a colossal map. "I'll finally talk about the project," he pulled out a black tie and stuck it under his round body.

"This is the first virtual reality game that can be as dynamic as tabletop role-playing games. Thousands of engineers dedicated themselves to creating trillions of logarithms to fulfill that dream of playing a role in the digital world perfectly, being able to resemble the worlds that the Dungeons Masters create and today, from today; we will transmit the first test of this system in a Tournament"

"The four teams will compete in a medieval world, following the rules of a prehistoric game system from the time of the great Tukeke Dictator, fulfilling missions, or not, killing dragons, or not, and, especially, discovering how to win, OR no! The game will end when a team discovers and successfully made the final adventure, the teams have been exterminated among themselves leaving at least one representative of some team standing or "He showed a murderous look and blood ran through his mouth. "All the players die"

The spectators began to shout supporting their favorites, praising the technology and wishing that they soon give free rein so that the system can be downloaded.

"I am Belal the superior Beholder and current ARES dictator and declared that the game has started!" he said and immediately the live broadcast was placed inside the game.

———————————————————————————————————

"For legal reasons, I'm forced to say that no one who dies in the game will die in real life," Belal said grudgingly. "Condemned legal clauses, nor those we were to imitate that cliché, at least not apropos."

———————————————————————————————————

Hello dear reader!

If you liked the story please follow me on Facebook to know in more detail the publication date of the next chapter and, if possible, support me and donate on my Niadd and Patreon pages looking for VersionXV.

Thank you.

0