03: The dynamics of ARES
26 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The clouds covered the endless sky that reminded the crew of the ship that within no more than two hours would end the long journey that had taken them so many weeks. The captain of the ship enjoyed a casual chat with his second in command and the cabin boy who, full of joy, commented on how much he wanted to see his girlfriend who traveled first to the new continent. Back to the side of the boat five characters that until then chatted suddenly stopped and with smiles on their faces turned their heads impressed by the beautiful view.

"How beautiful," said a girl with fox ears over her head and a classic maid's dress, one of those who perform housework in the best possible way.

Each of the other four members looked at her in shock, the blond boy wearing a huge red cloak cried out in the heavens to recognize the beauty of what was in front of him.

"Yes Yes!" he said as he repressed his desire to pounce on the girl. "Luci, I'm sorry I told you that the Furrys are disgusting, I take it back and seriously, I regret it, really."

"I'm Amanda," she said with a curious expression when she noticed a small albino girl in her armor, who felt heavy in her tights, drawing her sword and pointing it at the baby's face.

"I see, since today my little respect has been reduced to zero" said the albino.

"Well guys," interrupted the other young man present. “Better we introduce ourselves properly, our new names, what we are and who we were before starting the game.”

They nodded.

"Well," said the latter, "the first to appear will be me."

The young man was tall with Asian features on his face, with disheveled black hair, brown eyes and light skin affected by the sun's rays. He wore a strange shirt with embroidered silver marks and several small moons on top of the armor.

"My name is Tsuzuki Tsuki, my class is Clairvoyant, I belong to the clan of the lunar eyes, I am a professional bodyguard, I´m Mario by the way."

After those words the little albino in armor and the blond boy looked at him, they cried for laughter and approached him.

"Cannot be!" The blond put his hand on Tsuzuki's shoulder. "You are definitely miserable!"

"At last you accepted that your luck is equal to that of the prota!" said the albino.

"From now on we will call you Natsuki" they affirmed with serious faces that hid the evil and smiling faces in their hearts.

"Hey, I decided to play along with them and put on a name of Japan, but please do not call me that."

"We refuse!" They pointed their fingers at him and spread their arms roughly.

Pulling aside the albino dwarf's arm, a charming girl dressed in dark robes stood in the middle of the group. No one denied that it reflects certain anger, a question that mystically ignored when preferring to delight with its fox ears that jutted out of its black hair with a mushroom cut. For no apparent reason tried to be up to the now called Natsuki, was ashamed by the nearly 30 centimeters difference and, enjoying a real reason to kill him with her eyes said:

"My name here is Kira Meyn, it was Yamada Natsume in the real world." She pulled out a pair of daggers. "Here I am the Assassin who will lead you to victory, a Vulpin member of a certain guild."

The confident little fox was expecting some praise or recognition, however, the first thing she was told came from the blond boy drowned in the unstoppable laughter that he and the little girl shared.

"Cannot be!" He tried to breathe to be able to speak. "Even Luci did not choose such a race and the Furry is you!" HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Kira blushed and frowned. She was about to stick a dagger in the blonde’s throat but decided to let it go by not wanting to start the race at a disadvantage num.

"I chose it because of the characteristics, just that."

"Yes as you say" said the blonde. "I guess it's my turn, I'm in real life the ultra-professional Rijima player, my name is Fal Stone and my goal is to be the best state Alchemist in existence." He aimed at the sky. "By the way, even though I look human, I'm really something more broken."

"That sounds like plagiarism to me," said Tsuzuki.

"It's a reference, you cannot sue me, I can even say the words of the title of the work and characters in disorder and nothing would happen" he cleared his throat.

Fal advanced to Tsuzuki and both began a duel of looks. Tsuzuki defended in his heart the respect of copyright in an impeccable way —to avoid unnecessary problems to the team that performs the live broadcast— and Fal told him with his blue eyes that it was not wrong to imitate what you like. Eager to participate in something the short girl in armor jumped to get the attention of that pair.

"Look at me!" she exclaimed, "it's my turn to introduce myself, I'm a Crusader, why, because some god decided that the moment of my death had not arrived and with his powers I was resurrected incompletely and lend me part of his powers”

A halo of light surrounded her, but only in her mind since others only perceived how she took off into the clouds of her imaginary world while telling an extensive and tedious story.

"I dedicate myself to find out who that deity was, to understand what is the purpose for which he gave me a new opportunity to live and so, finally I will do what I have to do to meet him in person and enjoy a life in paradise with him. Maybe hell, I do not know what kind of god it is, the first thing I did to have a clue ..."

"In short, you're a half-ghost loli with wet dreams." Tsuzuki shrugged.

"I already saw that in about thirty Animes," said Fal.

"Do not say it like that!" She pouted.

"My name here is Poppy and you already know that I´m Luciana Fereira" she said discouraged and of her hair an erect hair of mysterious way fell to teach that attitude to the public. There was no doubt that she was the smallest of the group measuring almost thirty centimeters of the blond dwarf who was shorter than both girls with fox ears. They were intrigued to understand how such a thing had the strength to walk in an armor whose theory weighed as much as it did.

They noticed that one had not said anything a long time ago and curious people realized that the winning girl in the New Member category was who almost did not interact. Tsuzuki approached her that timid understood the sign that this made him so that he was not afraid and joined.

"My name is Amanda Martin."

"We already know that, better tell us your character name," said Poppy.

"My name is Amanda Martin."

Silence spread throughout the place, most of the stoics did not know what to say except for Fal, whoever from any distance would perceive the intention of mocking or making a stupid joke about putting "Name" as a name or something for style. Luckily Poppy understood him enough to know that he would do something like that, because she wanted it too, and stretched on tiptoe to cover the idiot's mouth.

"When I finished the creation of characters the voice of the school teacher told me that I was a Bard Kitsune Maid."

"I knew it," Tsuzuki thought.

"Is this okay to play Mario?" she said shrugging and embarrassed with her cheeks flushed. Fal was seduced by the fluttering of that fluffy orange tail that escaped from the classic Maid dress personalized with orange and blue colors. Tsuzuki could not help but blush at the incredible freedom of expression that the simulation had but that lasted less than a second because he rambled about whether there would be an option to use them or was the work of the capsule prediction process. He even came to believe that maybe she had done it on purpose in order to look more adorable and shake those soft little ears in her head.

"I already want to see the Doujinshi of her" drool Fal in his rotten mind.

"Give me a second" Tsuzuki said after seeing the location of the crew, "I'll go talk to the captain."

Fal and Poppy did their thing and as two small children ran around Amanda laughing that laughed at how ridiculous they were for commenting nonsense like "how does your tail feel? Can we touch it? Do you have a bone or muscle that you feel there? Is moving it like squeezing your ass? "Kira ignored them, saw Tsuzuki walk up to the sailors and start a talk. Within her heart she was frustrated by having to play with that disgusting being, she did not like the category of Metagame in general, and even less she liked that someone who had to participate in another category (New) was the one that ripped out of the hands the opportunity of hundreds of players with more experience in role play.

"I see you two are similar" Fal approach dangerously close to his face.

"What the hell are you doing?!" She turned away flushed.

"It's that Amanda and you seem to be of the same race, but deep down I don´t get that impression, what do you think Poppy?"

"Well ..." She pretended to think and his hair with a life of its own stretched and bounced wildly over his head.

"She said it was a Vulpin and Amanda was called Kitsune, the difference is that the Kitsune enjoy more fans, partly because fluffy and soft that could be their tails, that hair is attractive" Amanda grabbed her own tail terrified by the sadistic expression of Poppy.

"But on the other the Vulpin expressed them here as the version that instead of tender should have a greater sexual attractiveness, for that reason its white tail does not have that fluffyness quality that so much calls the attention and the amount of hair in ears is minor."

"So physically it's better to be a Kitsune," said Fal. Hearing it, Kira yelled an idiot in his face and turned around to avoid participating in that nonsense again.

She realized that Tsuzuki was going down to the ship's warehouse and followed him. There she captured her attention as he looked around the place as if he were searching for something behind the large number of wooden boxes.

"What do you do?"

"Find something."

"Do you think you're very smart?"

"I've always thought I'm smarter than average, though not by much." Just when he finished saying that, Kira approached him suddenly to threaten him with her dagger but as if he expected it, he went back as necessary to leave two steps away.

"I do not like you," she said. "The role-playing game is something that should be enjoyed when entering a character and acting as it would best do, it is not for players like you who only seek glory by taking formulas and guides how to do more damage in turn and memorize enemy strategies that your character has not even seen in dreams. Tell me what you're really doing."

"Jum, that hypocrite you sounded, but it does not matter." He drew his rapier as a precaution. "When I spoke with the sailors, they told me that it is almost two hours before they reach the new continent."

"And?"

"Is not it obvious?" He made a mocking face. "What kind of RPG starts like this? If you had deduced the game system, you would know that the minimum time for a recovery is close to one hour, and strangely we have two free hours."

"Are you saying there is an event?"

"Of course, Sherlock, it would be a terrible game development otherwise, the first thing they are going to do is let us distract us with the characters and other options and then throw us a surprise encounter, which is why I decided to use my sense that warns me of danger to determine where would it be? "

Kira frowned as she imagined how much fun it would have been to receive that surprise attack and solve it with effort, because, surely, it was destined not to be difficult.

"See, that's what I mean." She clenched his fist. "It sounded strange to me the class you chose, players like you don´t make choices for mere tastes."

She pulled out another dagger and pointed to both of them.

"Tell me what your first skills are."

"I can´t be surprised, I have improvements to the defense and I have that sense that helps me detect danger."

"Damn, why the hell do they always play like this?!"

"Do not misunderstand me" was surprising. "It's true that this gives a terrible idea that I'm as disgusting as you said, But!" Suddenly his brown eyes changed to a bright silver color. "The reasons why I chose to play this class are none other than being able to act like a character that feels natural."

"What?"

"Since I'm so used to doing Metagame, the best way to prevent it from being seen as a trap is with a character that possesses qualities similar to me" he said and in his mind he thought: "So if I prevent an attack they can´t give full credit to my knowledge and also I am a necessary advantage in case of needing to compensate the presence of Amanda"

"It's a terrible excuse."

"What do you think of this?" He walked safe and arrogant to her. "From now on your goal will be to kill you without any of our teammates noticing, if you do, I will leave the group and the role-playing games, you will get rid of that boy who has ruined you so many games."

His silver eyes met her yellow eyes. None of them backed up or showed signs of weakness in their mind or heart. Tsuzuki in the background understood that what he had just said would bring him severe difficulties; in essence Kira's class caused a lump in his throat.

"Why I say that? She is a damned murderer " he analyzed sweating cold.

At that time the first dice clash took place. Neither of the two noticed it but on the one hand a twenty-sided die under the title of Persuasion emerged from Tsuzuki and another called Kira's Insight. They collided as spinning tops at full speed and revealed their verdict:

16 - 0.5 = 15 came out on Kira's die.

13 + 3 = 16 gave Tsuzuki's.

"It's okay," she said, "I'll make sure to show you how a true player is." She looked away.

"We... well..." He breathed a sigh of relief. "Tú podrás hacerlo todo" he said and touched her on the shoulder.

White lights covered Kira and disappeared in the act.

"I gave you a small bonus," Tsuzuki explained, "You’d better prepare to fight."

Kira sensed that from the shadows about five blue slug creatures crawled little by little towards them. They were watery beings, to be exact tiny elementals of water that crept into the boat to absorb the nutrients and salts from the ship's food.

"Do you think we can alone?" she said and decided to activate her spell: She stuck his daggers in an "X" and separated them in a blink, taking out a couple of sparks and making them turn green.

"No need to think that, I told the sailors to tell the boys to come" he said seeing, in effect, that Fal and Amanda walked in and Poppy ran with the sword in hand towards the elementals, releasing in the process the initiative rolls:

The first to enter into action for a big 21 as a total was Kira who agile moved between the boxes and pounced on the enemy in two powerful attacks with their daggers covered in magic. Failed the first blow (12) thanks to the enormous flexibility of the elemental that opened a gap in the middle but Kira reacted well and gave a slash that hit full (17) and inflicted (4) damage and wet the place more.

An elemental in the background fired a stream of water against her and it could be seen that this was accompanied by a blue die, curiously for her the liquid came in slow motion and it was a piece of cake to dodge it (9). It was Amanda's turn and the world was paralyzed for her.

"What's going on?" She said.

A help message was displayed in front of her.

"It's your turn, in it you can move up to 30 feet the way you want and you can take an Action and a Special Action, we recommend you use magic or shoot your enemies with the hand crossbow you have"

"But those little things are nice." She said to herself, and inspired she asked that the list of spells be displayed and used one: "Todo lo que es que no nada" With that phrase a small blue flash came out of his ears and the time of the world regained its course as the help system went.

"Hey little blue things, why are not we friends?" She said hoping that the elementals would understand him, however, having not read what his spell did, Gift of Languages ignored that the spell only makes you understand, not talk.

Laughing at what the girl had done, Fal was intrigued to know if those things were fire-resistant or not. It did not matter much that they were on a wooden ship and he used his turn to throw one of his homemade bombs into the center of those creatures.

As guided by the destination, perhaps because there was no wind in there he threw the bottle like a professional basketball player combined with a baseball player with a natural 20. The bottle hit the middle elemental and broke causing 2+7+6 damage that vaporized the elemental in the middle and the others tried to avoid the splash of fire but that launch was so glorious that they suffered Disadvantage and lost a twenty between those numbers.

6 was the damage that killed another of them and hurt the others. +25 Exp.

"Easy."

One of the resentful Elemtals aimed at him and spat out a powerful shot of water that ironically hit another of his own (1 natural) and it hurt him enough to kill him, +12.5 Exp. Two enemies remaining the next to attack was Poppy who waved fiercely his sword with two hands and... cutting in two the water eliminated the elemental. +12.5 Exp.

The only remaining elemental shot imitating his fallen companions and replete with an uncontrollable fury channeling most of himself in that attack, which resembled and sounded like a cannon due to the natural 20 that appeared in it. Without having to avoid it the ghost girl swallowed the water in the face and received an imposing amount of 2+ 3+4 damage. Tsuzuki and Fal laughed with the expression of albino and how wet it became. On his turn Tsuzuki approached the last of them and knowing that Kira forgot to use his bonus he decided to use the skill in him.

Puedo hacer lo que sea!" He recited and obtained the same brightness that became a four-sided die that together with the twenty determined an absurd and great result 14+4+3 = 21 and thus penetrated the pathetic elementary that received 5 of more damage than required to kill him.

+12.5 Exp

"I do not understand why I could not talk to them," Amanda said sadly.

"That's not how the spell works," said Fal.

"That thing got me down more than half of my life!" Poppy shouted.

While Fal was making fun of both Amanda and Poppy and Kira was laughing softly, Tsuzuki happily muttered:

"There is no doubt, with our composition we can win."

"Can someone heal me?" Poppy whined "Amanda, do you have anything to cure?"

"I dont know…"

"How do you not know?!" Poppy crawled at Amanda's feet.

"More important," Fal kicked Poppy away. "Continuing with the conversation before, what a good bard always does is seduce any NP ..."

Tsuzuki and Kira silenced him whit blows.

———————————————————————————————————

Hello hi hello.

What do you think of the members of ARES? Almost do not kill the tank some slobber with legs, but still; are you willing to support the group of friends, enemies and Furrys?

If you liked the story please follow me on Facebook to know in more detail the date of publication of the next chapter and, if possible, support and give me on my Niadd and Patreon pages looking for VersionXV.

Until another day full of rolls.

What is your opinion of this team?
  • They´re just regular weebs Votes: 1 100.0%
  • I wanna read more about them Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don´t like them Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No words Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I like tem Votes: 1 100.0%
Total voters: 1
0