05: The Flute
21 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The first thing his fingers held was sand, hundreds of grains of sand. The body weighed and felt hot. Just opened his eyes rose frantic, he looked around and wanting to torture someone was exalted.

"They are son of a b***h" roared to the heavens from the desolate desert in which he was, angered more by automatic censorship.

Without stopping to chat with the other four people near him, he waved the desperate sand, repeating "S**t s**t s**t s**t" until the fatigue; looking for what his character needed yes or yes.

"Hey Vicious, why so wild?" Told him a cat man with his body buried in the sand. "I recommend you use that energy to get me out of here, yes?" He winked at him.

"Shut!"

"I took you out," said a brunette girl with dog ears and a tail of black and ruby colors who with speed dug identical to a dog in the cartoons.

"Thank you, Vorpal."

"Here it issss!"

From a dune the eccentric-haired young man drew a sword that resembled a katana. He hugged her and proceeded to speak to her.

"Answer Painful Knowledge, tell me you're still alive or whatever a f*****g talking weapon is."

For others it was weird how suddenly he relaxed.

"How are you guys?" said a man accompanied by a farmer.

"Oh, Vertical, Victorius, it's good to see them all in one piece." The half-body cat man smiled.

"What the hell happened to you?" they murmured the pair.

"I will tell you what happened" said the sword guy after sliding down the sand to go down. "Those f*****g and f*****s moderators and creators of this crap..." He stopped a second surprised because they did not censor that word. "Game crap hates us and because of the CRAP that they left us lying in the middle of nothing of that new continent."

"Not exactly" said the cat that turned around and with a good look (21) perceived its surroundings and joined the ends like a camera that recorded absolutely everything that happened (20 Natural). "Actually we were on a boat."

"A boat…?"

"Proof number one," he said before he continued, "there it is in plain sight." He pointed to the huge mast that jutted out of the sand as well as half a boat. "What happens is that we are shipwrecked here in a misfortune that, I will assume, is due to the magic that covers this floating island."

The boy with the sword raised his eyebrow incredulously, the human stroked his chin and the girl gave him a pal of short applause and a look of genuine amazement.

"What the f**k" he cleared his throat "crap are you saying?" said the boy.

The cat man walked through them, stretched his arm and pointed his index finger at the horizon.

"There's the coast over there!" he exclaimed "I'm seventy-nine percent sure; I weighed what I said we will not see the water touch the shore."

"Wait, that does not make sense," said the human.

The cat man shook his finger and purred.

"Dear Vertical, I would like you to use your head more, and by that I mean your ears." He touched his. "Do not you feel like you recently suffered a change in pressure? We have to conclude that we were previously at a different height."

"Can´t be…"

The human ran to the nearest higher dune, the farmer, the boy and the dog girl chased him. When they reached the top, none of them had one more doubt. In what seemed to be a shore you could see how the clouds passed at the same level, it was not a reflection of the water surface because the sky above them was super clear. The cat man who had been left alone smiled and with a tear emerging he clenched his happy fist at the assertiveness of his reasoning.

"This game will be the best," he thought.

———————————————————————————————————

Astonished, confused and irritated —in the specific case of Vicious— they descended from the sand hill, knowing very well who they were thanks to the previous comments of the cat man, which by discarding could only be Virtual.

The first to arrive with him was the boy with the sword. In the eyes of anyone it seemed to be a dwarf, however, it also resembled a human. That duality came from his facial features and height, too high for a dwarf but too low for a human. Very sturdy for a human of his apparent age, but very little compared to a dwarf of that same age. This one had hair combed in an unrealistic way, product of not knowing how to draw different faces and needing to differentiate the characters with the craziest hair you can make. Perhaps that's also why the color palette used —Green, purple and orange tones— and the sharpness of each hair was horrible.

The second was the dog girl, dressed in a beautiful white silk cloth underneath the huge and grotesque plate armor she brought with her without the effort. Those crimson red eyes had something unsettling hidden, even with that how short it was and the tenderness of her smile made her want to hug her or at least caress her head because ultimately she is a good girl, yes, she is the best girl of all, a precious.

Then, came the pair of humans, a full-fledged farmer with a rake in his hand, golden hair like corn and muscles that broke with how soft his delicate hands looked. It should be noted that the lack of teeth was noticeable by that smile of joy shown from here to the moon. Taking his hand was the human, black hair, brown eyes, and tons of quivers full of arrows tied to his whole body.

"Gentlemen" The brown cat man with white stripes approached them.

"Surely you remember that here we have other names, and," He made an emphasis there. "We must also share our individual characteristics before going to check the remains of our ship, so I will initiate myself, my name is Shercnyau and I am a Detective, an agent of the law who came to this continent to discover the events and solve each mystery of the place."

"Well, I'm a dog girl."

"Tell me something you do not know" replied the protagonist of the children's anime.

"I can do this." The sweet face he had changed into that of a Cerberus. Then he returned to normal.

"What the f**k was that s**t ?!" moaned clinging to the human that returned him hugged scared.

"Please, do not do that again," he said.

"Gooood..." she murmured." Sinister called me, I am a guard of the nobility who looks after Mr. Nyau and I am a Priestess of War."

"You said priestess of war?" The human sentenced him with his eyes.

"Sorry." She cringed. "I know they said I should be the Healer but I also wanted to hurt ... So I'm a bit of both!"

The sweet and euphoric expression of the little girl did her duty and the keeper let her be lightly shaking her head and a smile on her face. Knowing that it was his turn, he drew his bow and prepared a shot.

"My name is Deve, the worst-paid guard in the city who came here to gain fortune; I am a Weapon Master, to specify the bow."

"That's perfect!" the farmer screamed in her ear, preventing her from throwing her classic bright smile. "I already know how I got you to fall in love with me in this world!"

"Oh yeah?"

"I'm a Farmer, but since I didn´t want to take long to get one of the guys available to fall in love on the farm simulator, I went for the one that was easiest: A city guard who was almost always in the same place and his favorite gift they were arrows and his birthday was a bow, I managed to declare myself and here we are."

"Wait, the easiest one?"

"My name is Petra Perez and I am the team's tank."

"Did you just ignore me?"

It was then that everyone looked at the only one missing to show up, that frowning young man who had not stopped cursing and condemning the programmers for leaving them in the middle of nowhere.

"Ah..." he sighed shaking her hair that did not move.

"I decided that I was going to be like the f*****g Vertical and now I am one of those Chinese series, my name is Taka Taka and I am the Legendary I don´t know what crap destined to do a s**t and for that I have a magic sword."

The atmosphere lost its good mood and a "Well..." floated in the presents.

"You were not anymore, I do not know, of rough things and that," said Deve.

"If you want, I can kick your ass whit my Tachi."

"And if we're going to check the boat? There may be something of value," Deve said in a broken voice.

They went to the remains of their means of transport.

"What a crap, first they omit our presentation at the beginning of the live show, then I get these statistics of crap that do not let me play as I want, and now I get shipwrecked in a floating desert! Those f*****g administrators are going to s**k my d**k!"

"Calm down, Taka." Shercnyau's touched his shoulder.

"If I were you I would not tell that"

This time the Detective was stunned, a voice from nowhere entered his head. Even that did not impact him as the murderous face of his partner and his throbbing vein.

"It's not like we're the only ones getting shipwrecked or something by style," he thought, creating a wide margin of distance.

As they approached the ship they heard sounds, to be precise, music. Notes that came from an air instrument, sweet and melodious that relaxed the atmosphere and calmed the scorching heat. They climbed through the buried wood to be covered, slow as Deve indicated, to reach the top of what should be half the ship that was now broken was achieved with a small and strange spectacle.

"Hey that's my Flute!" murmured Taka.

There, between hops of euphoric and coordinated notes with the dance of a dinosaur made of plants, a small and strange man Chameleon played passionately the wooden flute of Taka Taka. Curious —except for the furious Taka, disgusted that he salivated his flute— decided to wait for the end of the tune ignoring the anger of his partner.

Presumably the happiness and song of the humanoid reptile was because he had run into a huge booty. After all, on the ship not only they came but a shipment of food for the trip, the possessions of the dead sailors, personal objects of the players and there may also be the possibility of a message for someone in the new continent. Anyway, life had smiled a little and that subject wanted to express his gratitude in the best way possible, because who does not appreciate what you get in the desert well that perishes.

"That crap has my flute!"

"Calm down a bit, it's nice", answered Sinister, her eyes closed as he shook his placid ears.

The end was worthy of recognition, then, the agitated Chameleon and his Raptor of plants moved by the place graced, leaves of the Raptor escaped to him and they fell like small confetti of colors and; That last note held her for an intense ten seconds trying to keep up with the tumbling and twirling she made behind her pet. He finished, agitated and tired, reverenced the sun.

"Well guys we do not know if he is hostile to..." Deve tried to organize the others, however, it must have been expected that this music lover would do what he did...

Sinister suddenly stood up in a standing ovation to the Chameleon, applauded and shouted praises and this suffered a mini heart attack for the sudden appearance. Encouraged by her friend Petra she also stood up and staggered a bit to express her admiration. Shercnyau sighed in unison with her friend Deve and condescending joined their friends. Taka, wanting to kill someone, could no longer bear the pressure in the vein of his forehead so he raised and pointed his sword at the Chameleon increasingly impressed with his blade and shouted in his ears to his teammates.

"What the hell are you doing?! That thing contaminated my flute!"

Impacted the creature did not understand what was happening, what little he knew was the law of the desert, so worried and defensively he said something to his pet and proceeded to use his skills of Chameleon to disappear with the naked eye.

"Hey, where did he go?" Petra said as the little Raptor came at him to tear the skin from his face.

For the good of the farmer she was able to turn her face away from the path of fall, completely avoiding the impending disaster of claws and fangs that were sure to deform her beautiful and delicate face that had been so difficult throughout her life labor. That action unleashed each one's initiative rolls.

Deve smirked as he enjoyed the absurd bonus he had (17+4 = 21). He separated as much as he could from the raptor and where he imagined that the Chameleon could be coming down the wood diagonally, and on his knees prepared one of his arrows to be shot.

"One moment ... I'm still in time to talk to that creature, we do not know where we are and we're not sure we can walk through this place" he thought, seeing the threatening posture of the Raptor's stretched leaves.

"If he moves too much, I'll shoot him." He tightened the rope and was startled to have forgotten to warn his companions what to do, especially because the next to move was none other than his angry girlfriend, who descended willing to return salad to that creature.

"How dare you try to make me a scar on my face?!"

She approached and placed her rake / trident and slit the sand of the place when passing over the Raptor that was reduced to mere bleeding leaves, a few buried spots (7+2 = 9) and a pop-up message: +25 Exp.

"Demons," thought his boyfriend Deve and feeling a breath on the back of his neck that same sentence repeated with violence.

Some teeth were bald on his shoulder although he almost dodged them (11+4 = 15). The bite made him scream and crunch the shoulder (2+2 = 4) but that was not all, the furious Chameleon took advantage of the moment and with a dagger that thanks to the camouflage seemed to float in the air attacked the back of the archer who prevented by the teeth received the direct impact and a lethal 6 (4+2) of additional damage.

Seeing the dismal state of its leader Sinister slipped and with its healing powers emitted a glowing white positive energy sphere directly at the dying Archer. However, it was not concentrated as it should have been and -although the healing took effect- the result was almost imperceptible (1). She was disappointed and wished she had her war hammer on hand which was probably hidden somewhere in the wreckage of the ship.

"Neglect Deve, there I go," said Shercnyau as he started his career for the wood of the place upwards and proceed to jump.

"I must use the impulse to reach him, I will use my sharp senses to recognize the exact position of the enemy, the first thing that gives it away is the sand, there are footsteps that come from behind Deve but I do not see a single trace behind him, so it's still there" he thought at the same time that a dice with written Perception fell from his eyeballs (10+4).

"In the first case I managed to hit him with my sword in the fall and so I put him away, in the second he sees me arrive and he moves away by himself without receiving a wound... and in the worst case" He drew his sword and jumped for a while good result, how sad that the die determined what I least wanted (4+1). The jump was very decent, of course I lacked power and therefore the plan of an attack from the sky was undone at the time and it would have been best to check their landing on the wood and then try a normal attack if possible. Buuut the luck already had spoken and with a second die it reconfirmed it (2+1), falling badly and rolling until the feet of his friend to the degree of burying the face in the sand and losing 1 of life.

"Here I am friend" he said lying on the floor and coughed sand that he had swallowed.

"Thanks ..." Deve spat blood.

"At your service"

Angry, moody and stubborn by the pathetic performances of his teammates, Taka Taka walked to the place where the idiots were at the mercy of the Chameleon.

"Give me back my flute," he said into the air behind the archer.

He did not receive an answer

"I'm going to turn you a piece of s**t," he said and raised his Tachi and immediately black marks emerged from the handle to his elbows. "I see you mother f****r" he said in a demonic voice and his eyes were stained with fury and thirst for blood as he lowered the blade with an intense speed.

17+4 = 21

The attack was such that the camouflage of the Chameleon was deactivated and everyone could see how the wound sprouted blood that suddenly changed its color to a black, dried and split (8+3+3 = 14). The chameleon backed down a couple of steps, dizzy to the point of forgetting his dagger and losing senses.

"You did not even try to talk" said Deve, holding an accurate arrow between her eyes that ended her life. +50 Exp.

Taka approached and reluctantly took the corpse's flute and the black marks returned to the sword.

"Honey, are you ok?!" Petra said, getting close to the wounded man.

"No... I feel like I'm dying ..."

"That's why I told you that you should play something tank, they always attack you." He leaned back on her legs and she gently stroked his head.

"It's true," said the cat man, who was more sand than face.

"I'll gonna heal you again" said Sinister.

Deve watched Taka Taka's back and fixed his attention on that sword.

"Again it seems that we will depend on you" he thought smiling.

"I better not heal you, I only have three uses left and that's also my damage until I find my hammer," Sinister said.

“Huh?" Said Deve.

And that condemned one went to look for the warehouse of the boat along with the cat.

———————————————————————————————————

How have you been?

That's the Versions team ... Well going on topic this is the last chapter of character presentation. From now on, the adventure arcs of each group will start, at the beginning they will be two to four consecutive chapters of your adventures and you will decide who I will publish first.

That's right, from this day I will write the adventures of all at once and I will publish in the order that you choose through voting in my different social networks. So you know if you want to read the chapters of your favorite team before the others do not forget to comment, answer my survey on Facebook or join Patreon for just $ 1 a month to enter my Discord channel to make your vote worth up to five and get other benefits.

Besides that I have good news for those who love art, a small project to enrich the work.

Good bye said, VersionXV

Whether it was the joke of excluding them, what did you think of today's team? XD

What do you think of this team?
  • Nothing yet Votes: 0 0.0%
  • They´re your favourites, aren´t? Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You hate them Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I like them Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I hate them too Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 0
0