08: The misfortune of Ro-rin
18 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Mainland!"

To the sound of that shout Lee, Wauf, Afkage, the Elf and Regy woke up whipped by the emotion of being able to fight, the joy of exploring land, the surprise of not being lost at sea, indifference for no particular reason and expectation about his uncertain opportunity for revenge. Satoru was not even mounted on the lookout post; it was enough to be on the edge of the bow so that his eyes filled with hope. Wauf leaned out from the mast, stuck out his tongue and waved his tail without stopping as he felt the sun gradually cover the entire surface of the ship as the sun dawned. Lee and Afkage ran to the bow, eager to verify their partner's words.

"At last we will be able to enjoy the game!" Satoru burned with passion and reflected that by casting his fire spell on his sword and pointed it in the direction of the island.

"I can't wait to see what kind of beasts there are!" Lee stood at the tip of the ship. "I want to level up and find others to break their faces!"

Afkage without understanding a single word nodded repeatedly and raised his ax as a sign of having perceived his fighting spirits. He smiled impatiently to break some bones and took a deep breath so as not to lose his sanity.

Wauf howled calling everyone's attention that due to the sun they barely saw her canine silhouette jump down leaving her animal form to slide down the mast like an agile human euphoric hugging Regy who closed her eyes fearing an attack.

"Thank you so so so much!" she said being on top of him completely.

Regy didn´t open his mouth, no matter how beautiful that long-haired girl was and how happy and tender she looked with those tears from her bright eyes. For him that thing had ceased to be a human one a long time ago, well, it was hard for him to remember that act with the corpses of his companions stinking the place from the previous day just a few meters away from him. However, since she ended the hug by giving him a warm smile, he assumed that an unfriendly face or getting lost in her thoughts would be the worst thing she could do if she wanted to carry out her revenge as soon as possible, so; He gave her the most sincere smile possible, yes, a true smile that did not lie at all because knowing that in a short time he and the other demons would end up worse than his fallen companions satisfied her sobbing heart.

"Why do you hug him?" The Elf asked with clear disgust at that show of affection with someone who at most would be worth only one of his bullets.

"Eh?" Wauf replied nervously and walked away half a meter from Regy.

"It's true, that was very strange," said Satoru, carrying his sword in his hand.

"I understand that you like to enslave NPCs but you never get attached so fast." Lee clenched his fists and placed himself on guard.

"Do you think I hypnotized her in any way?" He asked Afkage that without understanding a word from his friend he released a "Hmhm" and prepared his great ax against the sailor.

"Take off, little girl, this thing is useless." The Elf pointed his shotgun at Regy who was sweating stressed.

"Hell... Of course these heartless people would kill me as soon as they stopped needing me... Even if it doesn't work, I have to dissuade them, I don't want to die before I see them suffer!" Regy thought and, dead of fear slowly opened his mouth. If he had any chance of convincing them, it was to say that thanks to him they were not lost in the vastness of the ocean. But what if that girl denied everything? He cannot allow himself to become less useful than a corpse of those they devour.

"Now or never" “I-“

“Stop! He was the one who guided us to earth!”

"Uh?" Regy turned in the direction of that voice.

"What are you-"

"What you heard stunted Legolas! If not for him we would still be in the middle of nowhere!" Wauf said and trembled as she imagined having to eat fish the rest of his life to survive. "Thanks to him we'll eat beef, pigs, chickens. So stop the scandal and don't kill him."

"What? And how did he do that?" asked Satoru.

"With this." Wauf showed the map.

"Was there a map?!" Lee exclaimed.

"They are lousy looking for things," Regy thought as he let out a sigh to calm down.

"It was amazing! I just brought him the map and he told me which direction I should tell them to move the ship!" Wauf kept the map and flooded her rapier. "He just looked at the map and the stars so obviously he must be a navigation genius!"

“Well, I was always good locating and memorizing things”

"So…"

Wauf turned in front of him, pulled her arm back with the rapier and hurried it straight at the immobilized sailor. Unprepared Regy clenched his teeth, angry at having received hope from that damned murderer and closed his eyes in reflex. He heard the sound of the tip tearing and piercing through something quite stiff, but it wasn't him. Shrunken, he opened one eye and was ashamed to realize that the only thing he cut were the unfortunate ropes that almost cut off the circulation of an accurate pit that did not even touch his shirt fabric (16 and 17 +6 = 23 ).

"... From now on he will be my pet!" Wauf sentenced and looked at him with devilish eyes.

"Pet?" He thought fearfully as he stood leaning against the wooden pole.

"Any objection?" Wauf groaned, opposing her rapier to his friends and her wild features came to light just as a miserable part of the infinite fury she was able to release.

Afkage altered and advanced his foot ready to release a devastating attack due to not understanding any of her words, however, Lee put his hand on his shoulder maintaining eye contact with the wolf girl.

"I only have one..." he said in a thick and serious voice. Wauf didn´t hesitate and remained in his position of threat although his companions were denoted gloomy and would surely kill her in less than a round.

"Let me help you with the name!" The tension in the air disappeared instantly and Satoru laughed in his mouth at the sharp tone of Lee's tone.

"It sounded like Mouse Michael!"

"That depends on whether your proposals are good."

"They will be, I assure you."

The Elf lowered his weapon imitating the others and walked to the bow to observe that firm land they were talking about, but before he gave Regy a cold look and showed him the index finger while throwing the weapon on the shoulder.

"A bullet, you're worth no more" was the message the Elf sent him.

"A mistake, a bullet" was what Regy understood.

———————————————————————————————————

If they spend a quiet hour, eating or taking a nap, they gain an Advantage in the Regeneration of life and mana and recover some skills.

Regulations — Short breaks.

———————————————————————————————————

"So they will let me free?" Regy rubbed her wrists that almost turned purple from the tightness of the tie.

"That will depend on whatever you understand as freedom," Lee replied.

"That´s right." Wauf shook her rapier causing noise and then punched Regy's throat with the tip to which he could only react by sticking his back and head to the mast "From now on you are my pet, jiji," Wauf's facial expression got upset and a grimace of pleasure arose from her deceptive sweet appearance. Her eyes took on a scarlet glow; she put his thumb to his lips and got tiny wrinkles next to his eyes as he drew a macabre smile.

"You must call me "Pretty Owner" every time you address me and you will be called "Sebastian”,” she said in a radically different tone of voice and a couple of Intimidation dice fell from her lips (10 and 11 +3 = 14) defeating by beating 7+2 = 9 of the pathetic sailor against the wall.

"Hey, hey, it's a pet, not a butler," said Lee, and Wauf pouted it back to its tender appearance. "Let's call it" Rolin. "

"Umm, I don't want him to have the same name as my brother's pet ..." She kept his rapier and allowed Regy to stand up normal. "I know!" she exclaimed seeing Regy with a sweet and childish smile. "You will be called "Ro-rin"!"

"Is not the same?"

"There is a difference, what do you not hear? Ro-rin, Rolin, Ro-rin, Rolin, Ro-rin ..."

While the rat man and the wolf girl were arguing about whether it was the same or not what was once "Regy" had to accept his fate as a mascot of the murdered of his countrymen...

"Okay, I'll call myself "Ro-rin," Pretty Owner..." he said submissively and Wauf jumped happily as if he had tamed a dog or a cat.

"... Until the day he avenges me ..." he thought and hid as much as he could of his thirst for blood.

"Perfect! Then the first thing my pet Ro-rin will do is - //"

Suddenly Wauf's voice was drowned by a loud noise of falling water, Lee tried several times to ask what he said and Regy, that is, Ro-rin was surprised and took the map from Wauf's hand and paled when he realized of what that noise meant ...

Wauf and Lee also understood the situation they were in when they rotated their heads towards the rest of their friends in the bow and the Elf and Satoru made them desperate signs holding firm to the wood of the ship and Afkage ran towards them with fear. The orc shouted at them but they were not able to hear it, despite feeling like the ship "got off" made them react and in less than a second Wauf crossed the mast with his rapier (12+6 = 18) and hugged his pet Ro-rin hard against this and Lee ran straight to Afkage who nailed his ax against one of the wooden walls with all his strength (14+4 = 18) to cross it and waited half a second for Lee for both synchronized to roll the handle of the gun ninety degrees for added support (18+4 = 22 and 18+2 = 20) and they held on with all their strength hoping for the worst.

Just then the fall began. For a short period of time that seemed eternal everyone was able to admire the "Island", which turned out to be the tip of a mountain surrounded by a mysterious circle of seawater that fell into the void.

"Please don´t break, please don´t break!" The Elf whined, hugging his shotgun with one hand.

"I'm going to kill that damn sailor!" Satoru exclaimed with his feet in the air depending on his nailed sword and his hand taken to the Elf.

“Hahahahaha!” “Hahahaha!” Lee and Afkage laughed at their faces warped by the wind.

"Why can't I finish stepping on land at once?!" Wauf squealed and did not stop her tears from maidens.

Regy, that is to say Ro-rin remembered that the map at night was difficult to see and with tears of sadness and frustration he thought “Why the hell does God hate me?!” having no choice but to hug the little murderer, beg for their survival and avoid swallowing their hair.

"This is not funny if they die like that!!!!!"

0