Prologue
10 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Outbreak of the Great War

The city of Limen was the most developed and richest city in the Lower World. Life has never been stagnant in this city. In this city, which is located in a very convenient geographical location, there would be hundreds of ships in the port every month of the year. It would take a long time for people to complete their work in the city. Trade in the city of Limen meant staying there for at least a month. Thousands of buyers were trying to make the most profitable offer because there were over a thousand opportunities. Of course, trade wasn't the only thing that kept them busy. This city, which was getting richer and richer, was also beginning to make progress in other areas. The merchants who came to the city, the first few days live just for fun and then they start their business. There was no such thing as a holiday for the locals of this city, they were opening their workplaces early in the morning and close them late at night. In fact, 24-hour shops in this city were at a much higher rate than normal. The city of Limen owed its rapid development to these selfless people. On the other hand, this city, along with its trade and bars, also had a reputation for being the city that ordered the most slaves from Arith. It can be said that the slaves living there were several times as many as free people excluding the people who come for trade.

The greatest luck of this city, which has progressed a lot in the economic field, was its intelligent leader. This leader was resorting to every means to make the city attractive to merchants. He was not getting in contact with other leaders in terms of politics, instead, he was spending his days with merchants that want to speak to him. Its purpose was to connect people to this city in every way, both material and spiritual. Besides this hardworking leader, there was also an intelligent vizier of the city. He had put a lot of effort into the self-development of this city. He even tried harder in the background, maybe even more than the leader. But sometimes some things were not determined by the labor shown, despite all his efforts, he remained the deputy of the leader instead of the leader of the city. Nevertheless, he believed that one day, he would the leader. He just had to look out for the right time and opportunity. 

……

 On one fateful day, there was a rush in the city of Limen that would be too much for even these people whose lives were in a hurry. A merchant from the Upper World, with a great amount of contacts, was going to anchor in the city with his delegation that day. There was an unprecedented rush in the leader's mansion. He had ordered to double the preparations that normally should be made for a important guest. This meeting was of great importance for the increasingly bright future of the city of Limen. Of course, the leader was not the only one who saw this meeting as a rare opportunity. It was also a rare blessing for the vizier. It was an excellent opportunity to implement the plan that he had been planning and secretly working on for many years. As a result of his studies, he discovered a very effective potion. He called the potion “Hate”. It was the exact opposite of love.  He made several people try the potion and as he expected, they had gone crazy and slaughtered their own families. He thought, ”I'm close to achieve my dreams," but he couldn't give the potion directly to the leader, although no one but himself knew about the existence of this potion, doing so would  draw people's suspicions on him…  The vizier ordered his own personal servant, who would work in the kitchen because of the current intensity, to put this potion in a glass and give it to the first guest who came. He had planned and prepared everything carefully, did not allow the woman to suspect anything. After all, she was just a simple slave, she did not have the capacity to comprehend what was happening around her. Nevertheless, he had no doubt that she would do her best for the work given her. On that day, the vizier was greatly mistaken. Because of this mistake of his, the order of the worlds would change forever. Because the woman gave the potion to the second guest, who was a pretty powerful warlock. As soon as the warlock took a sip from his glass, he killed everyone in the room, including his own friends and the leader. Not only that, but also he turned the mansion upside down. Now he was mercilessly slaughtering everyone who appeared in front of him on the streets of the city. He got so out of control that the master guardians of the city and sorcerers had a difficult time to curb him and eventually had to kill him as they could not catch him. But this led to a lot of destruction, killing the warlock was never enough to extinguish the hatred of the Lower World. It was not their fault, on the contrary, they had prepared a very warm welcome. The only reason that could underlie such an unreasonable attack could have been invasion, war or destruction. This chaos, which started in the City of Limen first, eventually took hold of the whole Lower World. People were waiting for an explanation. But the politicians still hadn't solved the problem, so the matter was very unclear. The uneasiness in the Lower World was growing more and more. There was no place for any idea other than a counterattack in people. And one day the Lower World attacked the Upper World with an army of powerful, ruthless sorcerers. Perhaps this attack would have been a harbinger of difficult days or even years when people's lives would be darkened by war, turmoil, chaos.Yes, the Great War had begun between the worlds.

2