Chapter 6: sticky and stinky
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Torck had taken the command of the Hammer Team again, together with Anwir on the front, they were heading into the laboratory. Torck told Anwir not to use intuition magic on any sorcery, they wouldn't want what happened to Koresh to happen to Anwir either. Torck, who was normally very cold-blooded, couldn't help but shudder as he moved through the laboratory, all these obscure objects created a very different feeling. They experienced in a terrible way what this strange feeling was caused by, when they got a little further inside the laboratory. His feet suddenly stopped moving and stuck to the ground, his eyes were open like fortune stones, his mouth was open, but he couldn't make even the slightest sound, let alone talk, Torck didn't know how he should react to this terrifying sight. There were hundreds of warlocks in hundreds of capsules all over the lab: children, women, men, special creatures belonging to the lower world... The creatures that once belonged to the land of warlocks were now unrecognizable due to all kinds of experiments that were conducted on them. Something under was written each capsule, who or what they were before the experiments and a summary of what was experimented on them. Some had no legs, some had no arms. These were images that Torck was used to see, and not only that. There was a huge pile in the back, consisting of warlock horns.

Although the horn represented the powers of the warlocks, it was the place that hurt the most when they were cut off. Many warlocks whose horns were cut off from the root, could not endure this pain and committed suicide. But it seems that the people in these capsules not even had free will anymore, they could not even commit suicide. But they were obviously suffering, they never close their mouths, they are scratching the glass of their capsules, they are scratching the thing that was once their body but that now turned into “that thing”, they are pulling their hair if they have hair, they are crawling on the ground, If they have some space in their capsule they go back and bump into the glass, if they could just close their mouths, they would grit their teeth so hard that their teeth would break, let alone bleed. And they were doing all these incredibly painful things to get rid of an even bigger pain. Torck was filled with hatred. He wanted to take his eyes off the capsules, but he couldn't, his eyes were locked on the people of his nation. It was so terrifying to even look at but these people were living it... Torck's breathing had accelerated very loudly. He wanted to make a fist, but his hands were shaking so much that he couldn't even control them. He wanted to burn down the whole Upper world, and if he could move at that moment, he would do it. He wanted to destroy all the sorcerers, leaving no such thing as an Upper world, but only a few pieces of rock that travel through the atmosphere when looking carefully at the sky from the Lower world.

Suddenly, his eye locked onto one of the capsules, her name was Sandy. Ari's mom. Torck suddenly remembered how Ari used all her energy to get the team in, and now she's resting on the ship with four other soldiers. Then Arthur came to mind, that he had been the first to infiltrate this building fearlessly, not knowing what was inside and looking out for everyone else who came. Then Marvic came to mind, how he didn't let himself be distracted for a moment while putting the bombs, to do his job that normally takes a lot of time, very quickly so that the team wasn’t delayed. And Aarit, despite seeing the building for the first time, had analyzed it and found the correct room where the object was located. And Koresh, he wanted to check the authenticity of this damn room, but he fainted, tarnishing his title. And Anwir who had reused and copied the perception magic that had caused him a lot of trouble in the past. All of his men had suppressed their emotions just to avoid hindering him in this mission, they had even learned magic in areas that they normally had no interest in. Now he couldn't have gone into such a senseless tantrum and risked all this labor. Because he was the leader. And no matter what, the leaders should be stone hearted, even if they loved their men the most, even if they couldn't suffer the humiliation of the warlock’s people the most, they should never surrender to their feelings. There was a reason they were chosen for this role.

Torck was locked onto the capsules, he closed his eyes, took a deep breath and turned to Anwir. Whatever Torck was feeling just now, Anwir was still under the influence of those feelings. He grabbed Anwir and shook him hard. He looked into his eyes and said nothing. Anwir continued to move forward in the laboratory grabbing his arm and not looking to the floor but without making unnecessary contact with the capsules. Until he sensed the presence of Arthur, who was running towards him at an unusual speed from behind, and turned back. Arthur had a lot of respect for Torck, although they had a sincere relationship, he had never come out of this respect frame so far. Yes, they had fought, but Arthur had never crossed the line. This time, he ran to Torck with a big rage and grabbed his collars and spat:

 

-WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU'RE GOING, TORCK, DIDN'T YOU SEE WHAT YOU LEFT BEHIND?!! HAMMER TEAM LEAVES NO ONE BEHIND, IGNORES NO ONE, NOTHING THAT BELONGS TO THE LOWER WORLD CAN REMAIN IN THE HANDS OF SORCERERS!!!

 

That's exactly what Torck was afraid of. The flame he had just extinguished was burning hot inside Arthur. If the team were to be split in two, almost everyone would follow Arthur in such a difference of opinion. Arthur needed to stay calm now, even more than Torck. In a place where they were already strangers, it would ruin everything if there was a separation between them when they took power from their union. Torck looked Arthur in the eye without saying anything, anything he would say now would be perceived as a lack of compassion and would increase the likelihood that the team would split up. His only hope was that Arthur would analyze this incident, as he did when he passed that simulation, and hope that he would behave with dignity. Yes, a good leader would have found a way to comfort Arthur, but inside Torck, he agreed with Arthur. There was still the ember of the flame inside, sparks flying above it. But there was nothing he could do. They didn't come here prepared for this, and if they tried to get everyone out of these capsules, the Hammer Team would eventually fall into one of these capsules, or maybe worse. He had to keep listening to his mind.

As Torck nodded slightly as if he said no, a drop of tear flowed from his eye. It was as if Arthur had seen Torck's helplessness at that single tear. He let go of Torck's collar, bowed his face forward, and without saying a word, went back to his group. Although Torck was surprised at this situation, the more he could relax in the situation he was in, the less he strained and continued to move forward. It was difficult to search for the object while trying not to look inside the capsules. The team's concentration had dropped tremendously. Torck couldn't even afford to look back and check to see if everyone in the group was following him. If he looked, he would see again what had passed by him, he would be more aware of what he had left behind. He didn't know if he could keep the same composure if he looked back. He trusted Arthur, if Arthur could calm himself down, he could keep everyone else on the team in check. Torck went through what the object was like again in his head; one of Heart Crusher’s most trusted men described it as a strange green substance that was stuck between solid, liquid and gaseous states, it was also a little like mercury. It wasn't anything too big, it’s said to be in a container similar to an hourglass. He was thinking about how they could find this object among all the large and small things in such a big laboratory. Hammer Team wasn’t an expert in search missions. In fact, he trusted Koresh for this part, but he had also fallen before he could even physically enter this room. Deep down, he's really pissed at Heart Crusher. If he had told him that the damn object they were looking for was so powerful, he wouldn't have risked Koresh and kept him for this moment. Or it couldn’t have been difficult for him to appoint someone to the Hammer Team who was an expert in searching just for this mission. Then he got mad at himself. He tried to ignore how dangerous the task actually is, he always established in his own mind that they were strong enough, how they could defend themselves if something happened, and finally decided in his own scales that this task was only a little more difficult and detailed than other tasks. But now he had a feeling that he hadn't felt in a very long time, it wasn't just anxiety or insecurity. He was terrified. He thought that something was not right, no, he knew. They had stayed this long in this building, guarded by high-ranking sorcerers, and faced no threat other than a few simple guards. No... The sorcerers were smart, there was a lot of dirty work going on behind the scenes... Where was that damn object that was unclear what it was!!

 

 

- “He found out” said Olen, “Send the first group”.

Olen felt a sneaking joy. Things were getting interesting now. He could be leading a very important initiative for the Upper world right now. When he was given the central command of this base, which is the place where all kinds of information about the Lower world are stored, he was filled with pride and promised himself that he would perform this task at any cost. During his tenure, he faced various threats and always solved the problem with ease. But the warlocks' attempt this time was much more interesting. It was ridiculously interesting to cross the atmosphere using brawn force with an old worn-out ship and enter the intersecting atmosphere of the Upper world and think that it was not detected, infiltrate a base and try to steal something from it? Great pity and arrogance woke up in Olen. What a childish plan this was... and Torck of all people? He who made the leader sorcerers suffer a lot. Olen was disappointed. Although their timing wasn't bad. Olen had to go to the capital for a meeting with the leaders of the other bases. If he had been on the base himself, he wouldn't have even put that old ship in the atmospheric borders. Suppose they got lucky... or should he have assumed that the intelligence of the person who gave the task was strong? It was ridiculous, though... He would have known even if a particle of dust flew over this base. No warlock could have had the strength or the heart to spy in the pressure of Olen's all-seeing eyes.

It was thanks to this ability, which was bestowed on him to protect the great sorcerer community, that he sensed this attempt, from afar. Olen had left the meeting in the middle and returned quickly without telling the people at the base. He sensed that some changes had been made to this huge structure while the base had not even appeared on the horizon yet. It was his Divine Eyes, a pure talent, that made Olen the guardian angel of the borders of the Upper world. This trait which had been passed down in his family for many years, was very simple on the basis: they were the legendary eyes that could see the life energy of even the most distant mountaintop flowers. But what gave the Divine Eye this name was the radius of influence. There were a lot of sorcerers or warlocks who could detect objects thanks to the energy emitted by them. But even the best ones could scan a diameter of no more than a few kilometers. But if the heir of the Divine Eye pushes its boundaries, his radius is as much as a planet. Yes, history used to talk about a Divine Eye user who could perceive half of the Upper and Lower world in the early years of the war. Although many family members looked at it as just a myth, Olen thought that the capacity of this power entrusted to him was much more exaggerated. The Divine Eye is a testament entrusted to only one person in each era. The user cannot determine who the testator will be. The sorcery leaves its owner's body when he is about to die, and this sorcery, which is normally just a source of power, searches for a new body of its own free will. This could be a newborn baby, or someone who is just stepping into old age. Although it is not known what criteria lie in the independent choice of the Divine Eye, there is only one visible condition, kinship. Some believe that magic is actually looking for a soul bond, because the characters, decisions, and goals of all Divine Eye users are very similar to each other. And there is another well-known fact that the energy provided by the Divine Eye is directly proportional to the potential of the body into which it enters. It has been observed that the heirs who inherited this power as infants use the divine eye more effectively as they grow up. There have sometimes been periods of conquest among the testators. Divine Eye has faced the threat of being stolen many times, and it has not shown its effect in the expeditions where these attempts have been successful, even though some thieves were related by blood. In other words, as it is understood from these unfortunate situations, the first condition necessary for the Divine Eye to be effective is that the sorcery chooses its owner of its own free will.

This power was transferred to Olen when he was only three years old. Since this sorcery has been transmitted only from adults to adults for many years, it has been a source of great joy for all family members for a small child to receive the Divine Eye, and a lot of celebrations have been held in his honor. It has been said that he was always chosen for a very lofty purpose since he was a little boy, and he was raised for this purpose. And they were right. He had given intelligence to the sorcerers many times in this war, which has now been forgotten when it began, and had saved the lives of hundreds of soldiers. Now, even if he is not in the front, as the person in charge of this facility, he was controlling the borders of the atmosphere and ensuring the safety of the facility.

0