Chapter 8: We are all going to die
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Torck jumped out of place when the capsule broke. The sound of the alarm had shaken the whole room, even the whole building. Apparently, the Hammer Team had not managed to work quietly. Inside, Torck wondered whose fault it was, but when he didn't even have seconds to lose, he decided to do the best thing he could do. Take the item and get out of here with the minimum damage that could happen, if it even was possible. Arthur took the little boy in his arms, whose skin had been peeled off from among the glazed parts of the capsule, and whose horns had been decapitated. Tears were streaming down the little boy's naked skin, and he couldn't believe that this child in his arms was his nephew. Arthur took a deep breath and checked the child's pulse. His heartbeat was very weak, and then he checked his breathing, he was almost out of breath. With his last strength, he shouted “Abreim!” he shouted. Abreim was the healer of the group, and only he could save this poor kid.  

As soon as Torck heard Arthur's voice, he became furious. Did something happen to Arthur? "I think it would be the most logical thing to do to gather the group together in this place where privacy doesn't matter with alarm," thought Torck. 

-Hammer Team, the stealth bullshit is over, gather up now and find that object. The first group will stay with me, Abreim, go check on Arthur right now and bring him here. 

 

Olen could not understand why he acted so hastily. He was probably afraid that what they were looking for was the Focus Curse from the five sorcery curses. If they got their hands on that damn thing, let alone suspension, that could have cost him his life. That's all he was thinking about right now. The professor was watching Olen from the corner, looking at him as if he understood what was going on in his head. Olen ordered the moving teams to “Start when ready”. Meanwhile, the warlocks had gathered and were preparing for battle. Olen focused on the warlock who had just triggered the alarm, he was crying. ” I think it's someone he likes," thought Olen. “There's nothing to do, they will all die, we have no other choice,” he muttered. 

- Isn't that what it's always been like? The war will either take from us or from them, there is no other way out of it. At least people like us only obey orders, in which case it is my duty to protect the base and I will do my best to do this. 

 

Torck looked at the assembled team, as far as he could see, there were no casualties, although he could not understand why the alarm went off. Did anyone get caught? At that moment he realized something, that Arthur and Abreim had not yet arrived. “Did something happen to Arthur, I wonder?” Torck muttered. Gradually whispers multiplied inside the room, the team was starting to panic. Some of them were cursing and saying, “We should not have come to this mission.” Torck was thinking of Arthur at the time. If he hadn't been thinking about Arthur at the time, he would have cut out the tongues of those in the team who spoke without his permission, and the heads of those who cursed because they came on this mission. he had previously killed a soldier who disobeyed him on a mission with his own hands. He always thought that duty was more valuable than people's lives. Every time he was selfish and showed mercy, a lot of people died, including his own soldiers. 

Suddenly, a giant scream erupted, and some of the soldiers stood up as soon as they heard it. 

Torck softly formed a stone spear in his hand. The most important feature of this spear was that it left the people it was stuck with paralyzed. Torck would only create the spear if he decided to fight seriously. Torck stood slowly up, a drop of sweat dropped from his forehead. He took a deep breath into his lungs, and after his lungs were filled with air, a drop of sweat fell to the floor. The entire Hammer Team threw war cry's and headed to where the sound came from. 

They started singing their anthems as soon as they announced it to everyone in one mouth: 

BEFORE THE TEN NATIONS FALL 

BEFORE MY HORN IS CUT OFF  

BEFORE I BREATH THE LAST BREATH  

BEFORE I LOSE MY MIND  

I WON'T GIVE UP  

I WON'T GIVE UP  

I WO.... 

No one completed the anthem. Everyone who saw Arthur was speechless. Half of his body had already disappeared, and the few remaining parts seemed to disappear at any moment.  

Abreim cried “Why did you do this to me?" he said. On the one hand, a child who looked like a newborn, but whose body was 15 years old wherever you looked. There was an intense smell in the room. There was a toxic smell mixed with the smell of burnt meat. This nauseating smell caused some of the team to vomit.  

Torck threw his astonishment over him and said, "What is it, Abreim? Do something, save him now!” he gave orders, but Abreim cried: 

- “He asked for it, it can't be saved anymore.” he cried. 

- “W-what do you mean? Explain.” Said Torck.  

-This boy is his nephew, he asked me to save him, but it was almost impossible. The magic power required was far above my level. After I said this, Arthur said, "I will give it to you, take my magic power. As long as you save him,” he said. But I opposed him, I told him that it would endanger the team, that the alarms had already been activated for some reason. He said, "I activated the alarms. Now do as I say and save this boy, or I'll kill you first and then activate the bombs we planted in the building. Hammer Team becomes history. How about this?". You know me Torck, I fight well, but I can't stand up to Arthur. He transferred all his magic power to me, even though he knew it would cost him his life. So, I used everything I had to save this damn kid. 

 

The team was emotionally collapsed. Torck was quietly waiting where he was, while the others were cursing Arthur. 

One of them shouted, "We are all going to die here!”. Whereupon Torck struck a hard blow with the handle of his spear towards the soldier's stomach. “I am still alive, and I forbid you to die until I let you," he said, approaching the soldier, who was out of breath for a moment. “However, I will only let you die covered in enemy blood, so don't get caught, otherwise your body will rot in capsules here.” The team suddenly became silent. Thanks to Torck's leadership, they had recovered, but the danger was on its way with all its severity. 

There was a possibility that within a few minutes they would all be dead. Torck began to think, and said: 

-First, I want you to build a 10-meter-high, 20-meter-wide concrete dome here. Make sure that it stops all incoming attacks and not even let the air in. Abreim, you light up the light capsules and help if one of us is injured, I definitely don't want you to fight. And don't lose the damn kid out of your sight.   

(Light capsules are small crystals. They shine for a very long time with a small amount of magic, so they are called light capsules.) 

It was a simple task for most of the people in the team who specialized in stone magic but making sure it remained safe and sound was the difficult part of the job.  

Torck knew they had no more time. “They're at the door!” shouted Anwir. He sensed a spell similar to the one he used when he came in, the real key. ” Get ready," Torck shouted. Suddenly, a huge dome began to rise around them. “That's it,” smiled Torck with fatherly pride. 

 

 

Olen understood what a wrong decision he had made. If they had forced the Hammer Team to stay hidden, they could have finished their job one by one. But he pushed this chance with the back of his hands. He still didn't know if he did it out of arrogance or out of fear. But all he knew was that it would end badly. 

-You'd better get there before it's too late, Olen. 

Upon the Professor’s words, Olen took action. He took his bow and told the soldiers in the room: 

-Make sure some of you stay here and the Professor stays in this room. Don't let him out, his safety is very important to us. 

-I am grateful to the owner of the divine eye. I hope that this behavior of yours will not go down in the ears of the Holy Twenty Sorcerers. Remember, you're not just a guard of ordinary things. 

Olen was starting to sweat. Although he couldn't understand why he was so nervous about some warlocks, he had an estimate. If the Focus Curse was stolen, his head would go away. 

Olen, who came out of the room with a rustle, was giving orders to the soldiers and moving towards the laboratory with hard steps. There were exactly 64 soldiers behind him. 

-The shield troops are forward, the sword troops are behind them, the spear troops are on the right and left Wings! Close the rear wings, seal the doors! 

30 soldiers lined up in front of the door, 5 on the right and 5 on the left, 10 with spears, and 20 soldiers at the back door began to wait for the order to attack. 4 of the soldiers were with Olen. Olen was analyzing his enemy with his eyesight, trying to make sense of this stone dome they had built. The warlocks, who seemed to be trapped inside, were wandering around like ants on the move. Olen said, “We have the advantage, they panicked. We are twice as much; we have the advantage of territory and visibility again. We cannot lose. It would be foolish to ask them to surrender.” 

The most despicable thing for a warlock is to escape from war. The number of warlocks who had surrendered by now was astonishingly small. 

 

Olen was preparing to begin the attack. The thin longbow had no rope, and there was no arrow. Only at the two ends of the elegant bow were stones consisting of crystal pieces. The soldiers next to Olen were carefully watching the bow, they could not take their eyes off it, as if a demonstration was going to start. Finally, Olen took his hand in a straight line from the crystal at one end of the bow to the other crystal. Meanwhile a twinkling rope Decked out from white to blue was appearing in the places he had passed. Then a glowing yellow arrow appeared in the palm of his hand, it had come from nowhere. 

- On my signal... Attack noooww! 

Releasing the arrow from his fingers, the glowing yellow arrow struck the wall of the stone dome. The dreams of the soldiers who had been admiring Olen had been shattered, they had expected to see a big explosion or, at worst, a few sparks. The other soldiers who were standing by went on the attack on Olen's orders. They crossed paths with their swords without getting too close to the dome, trying to destroy the dome. The spear corps were using their spears like wands to spread flames on the dome, but the dome wasn't even shaking. After a few seconds, a vein-like yellow light began to glow above the dome, after which the dome loudly broke into pieces. 

0