Chapter – 14.1: Alex can be Jealous and Professor Snape can laugh
1.1k 5 53
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Guys if you are reading this chapter then you might already have an opinion about the story. I would appreciate it if you were to leave a rating or a review on the story. And whoever is playing with the rating, hopping between 1 to 5. Please don't do it. The ratings are changing daily, and it's kind of funny but... Well, please stick to one.

Chapter - 14.1

The following morning could have been a disaster for Gryffindor and for Potter. But thanks to Alex, no one even knew about the midnight adventure of Potter and the others.

Yet, the name Harry Potter was on everyone's lips. After all, not everyone gets to become the youngest seeker in the history of 'Quidditch,' the one thing about which Alex had hardly scratched the surface. Alex only knew the basics of Quidditch, nothing more, nothing less.

But while Potter was busy tending the new feather up his cap, Alex was too tired to get up early after running around like crazy last night. And to his luck, he had no class in the morning. So, by the time he left his bed, it was too late for him to even think about breakfast. So, instead of heading to the Great Hall, Alex found himself a newspaper and made his way to the lawn in front of the library. It was starting to get a bit cold lately, so Alex found a bench for himself to enjoy the sun.

Alex always had an interest in knowing what was happening around the world. And for that, the muggles had televisions. Even the orphanage had one. But here in the wizarding world, newspapers were the only way. But the newspapers of the wizards were very different, more life-like. The pictures could move, and the letters could dance. In general, they hardly lost to the television.

So, in hopes of enjoying his morning, Alex chose the quiet part of the lawn. But before he could even flip open the newspaper, the Gryffindors came dancing.

Harry was in the limelight, but Ron managed to squeeze himself beside him. And now, both of them were surrounded by the Gryffindors led by Fred and George. It was a march in honour of Potter, the youngest seeker to burn the noble asses of the Slytherins. And they succeeded in that quite well. Slytherins could do nothing but crumble the flyers the Gryffindors were distributing, with Potter's photo plastered on them. It was aggravating.

When Sean saw Alex, he thought giving one of those flyers to Alex would piss off Alex as well. And after the humiliation he suffered last time, Sean wanted to show off and ridicule Alex but was hesitant to go forward with the plan. In the end, it was Ron who was gutsy enough to do it.

Ron took the flyer from Sean's hand and walked in swagger towards Alex, throwing his arms.

"Harry made it to the Quidditch team," Ron spoke when he was close enough to Alex, "He is the youngest to do that." And Ron forwarded the flyer towards Alex, almost pushing it in his face.

But Alex was quick. He grabbed the flyer from Ron's hand and opened it up. It was a simple, black-and-white poster with Potter's smiling face and a few words about him written below his photo, nothing fancy. Alex quickly gave it a read and nodded.

"It's nice," Alex spoke after he was done reading.

"Just that," Ron smirked, "Don't be a sore loser. It's no time to be a miser with words."

Ron had this smug look on his face, and he was trying to provoke Alex into doing something he could make a mountain of a molehill.

But contrary to his expectations, Alex could care less about it. He made a fist of both hands and raised his arms, "Congratulations to the legend, Mr Potter. More power to him and FIGHTING!" Alex said, smiling.

"What the Fuck!" Ron took a step back, looking at the nasty smile on Alex's face, 'What is he trying to do?'

"Aahhh... Now I get it," But soon, Ron even had an explanation for that, "You are mocking him, aren't you." Ron smirked.

"But how long can you keep up with this high and mighty attitude?" Ron taunted Alex and took a step back, "You will soon be left in the dust by Harry." Ron warned Alex and made his way back to the troupe of Gryffindors dancing around Potter.

"But what will be your contribution to that?" Alex shrugged as he looked at the Gryffindors, still dancing.

Alex was busy looking at the Gryffindors, thinking about something, when he was startled by a whisper in his ears.

"You wouldn't normally take that attitude lightly." Alex heard.

"Mast... Professor?" Alex stood up from the bench instinctively, offering his seat to Professor Snape, who appeared behind him without making a noise. But Professor Snape waved his hand, gesturing him to stay seated. But how could Alex? Even if Professor Snape were not to be his master, he was a Professor, and Alex had to show some respect.

"I remember this one time when we were having this roasted rabbit out in the wild. Do you remember?" Professor Snape spoke, but Alex could hardly see his lips move. To everyone else, Professor Snape stood with his emotionless face, looking at the celebrating Gryffindors with those cold eyes of his, "It was during one of your training sessions."

"I remember," Alex spoke. Even he turned his face to look at Potter and the others.

"Ah, yes... A man who was camping with his family decided to play the saviour of a poor little child who was made to do all the work. From skinning the rabbit to serving it to his cruel father, the poor kid had to do it all. So the man lashed out at the father with questionable character." Professor Snape narrated the story, only to get a nod from Alex.

"You didn't tolerate it then. So why today?" Professor Snape asked.

"Because it was you he was rude to," Alex clarified.

"What does that mean?" Professor Snape tried to understand.

"Exactly what I said," Alex responded without adding more words.

"So, even if someone were to curse you, you won't say a word?" Professor Snape continued to pry. When it comes to Alex, the cold Professor Snape was unnecessarily nosy.

"Well, as long as it's not about my parents, Nicole or you," Alex nodded, "And yes... they don't get physical."

"What kind of strange condition is that?" Professor Snape had this odd, confused look on his face.

"Someone once told me that everyone in this world is fighting for themselves. Those fighting for others are the real deal," Alex responded. And Professor Snape could feel that he was not trying to be sarcastic or funny.

"And you took that advice literally?" Professor Snape asked.

"How else should I have taken it?" Alex counter-questioned.

"So you are not going to do anything to that red hair?" Professor Snape finally got to the point.

"Why should I?" Alex shrugged, "He is just trying to be a good friend to Potter. What's wrong with that?" Alex asked.

"... Something coinciding with your intentions," Alex said and continued.

"And moreover..." Alex paused and looked at Professor Snape, "I don't want to get into any more trouble. I already had a couple of them in such a short time."

* * * * *

Announcement

Thanks to my new Patreon

Mud

You can also read 12 chapters in advance, along with other stories on my Patreon: patreon.com/thelonelyguy

Chapter 18.1 is already available on Patreon. Your support is appreciated.

53