Chapter – 16.2: Dinner Date in girls’ washroom (Part-II)
809 2 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter - 16.2

After eating to their fill, Alex had just taken out some cupcakes for them to enjoy as they sat on the stools he made using the transformation magic.

Even Hermione was feeling a lot better now. She was not thinking about what Ron said anymore but about ways to know more about Alex from himself. Even though Nicole was Alex's sister, she couldn't possibly know everything accurately about her brother. So it was a good chance for Hermione to get closer to Alex, just like Daphne. Hermione has been long jealous of Daphne. She has seen Daphne and Alex spend time together in the Great Hall. Now it was an opportunity for Hermione to reduce the gap between her and Daphne because of the unfair advantage Daphne had.

Meanwhile, Alex was hoping for this to end. He had accompanied Hermione long enough. That too in the girls' washroom. But Alex knew that this small action of his will probably make sure that Hermione and Nicole come even closer. And this made him reluctant to take the initiative to leave. Otherwise, who could tolerate his sister? Even though she was his sister, Alex could not deny the truth.

'I have to do something about Nicole as well,' Alex thought.

"So, tell me something about you," while Alex was thinking about how to straighten up Nicole, Hermione suddenly spoke up.

"Huh...?" Alex looked at Hermione, confused, "Like what?"

"Like anything," Hermione said but realised that her words were no help, "Well... Let's play a rapid-fire game," Hemione suggested.

Hearing Hermione, Alex thought for a while before he nodded in agreement. Since he was accompanying her, it was best to put up with her till the end.

"So, who should start?" Alex asked.

"Let me," Hermione was very excited as she sat straight and looked straight at Alex, "Let's start with something simple. What do you like for your food?" Hermione asked.

"I am not picky," Alex replied without thinking.

"Okay... Now, what about books? Not the school books we have here, but something..." Hermione quickly asked her second question, but before she could complete it, Alex answered.

"There are two not books but authors," Alex replied, "One is Sidney Sheldon. Heard of him?"

"Oh, My God! Heard of him? You have to be joking. I have a collection of all his books," Hermione got excited at the mention of the name. More than the author, the fact that they had something in common excited her more.

"And the second one?" Hermione asked.

"There is this author in the wizarding community. Most of his works are autobiographies, but they seem more like a work of fiction to me," Alex replied, remembering a certain someone. But Alex did not name the guy, so Hermione had no way to know who he was talking about.

"Something that makes you happy?" Hermione continued.

"It's someone," Alex said, "Nicole."

"What's the best thing that has happened in your life?" Hermione continued.

"Nicole," Alex did not waste even a second to respond.

"Your dream?" Hermione was a bit hesitant this time. She had something entirely different, hoping the answer would also change.

"To be powerful enough that Nicole can be as carefree as she wants."

'What the actual f...' Hermione almost cursed, hearing Alex, 'How can someone be so obsessed with his sister?'

But as soon as Hermione thought this, something clicked in her mind, 'Don't tell me he is that kind of a guy...' Hermione thought and could not help but look weirdly at Alex.

"Why are you so obsessed with your sister?" Hermione had to ask. Otherwise, she won't be able to look at Alex the same way.

"I am not obsessed with her," Alex shook his head, "She is everything to me, and more importantly, it's a promise."

"Promise?" Hermione asked, but Alex shook his head, not wanting to go down that road.

"Then what about your family?" Hermione continued. Nicole had already told her about their life at the orphanage. But from what Hermione knew, Alex had some idea about their parents. So she could try to get something out of him.

"Only Nicole," but Alex was pretty straightforward.

And this was also the end of the few questions that came to her mind at such short notice. And what followed the quick rapid fire was a long silence. Hermione watched Alex, who was busy enjoying the dessert, hoping he would also ask her some questions.

But when a couple of minutes passed, and she saw no desire from Alex to continue, she spoke.

"Don't you have anything to ask of me?" Hermione asked.

"No," Alex looked at Hermione and said, "But if you have something to say, I am all ears."

'Is he for real?' Hermione looked strangely at Alex, 'Why is he so detached?'

While Hermione stared at him silently, Alex was not wasting his time. He was going through all the possible scenarios that would follow the conversation between them. And all of them pointed to nothing but one conclusion. He also had to ask her some questions. He was not dumb, but he found it a hassle to continue.

"So, what do you like to eat," Alex asked.

"Huh...?" Hermione was suddenly jolted out of her thoughts when she heard Alex, "Are we playing it again?"

"Yup. You want to, right?" Alex asked.

"Definitely," Hermione hurriedly replied, afraid he might change his mind, "I like roasted turkey and chocolates," Hermione answered. She hoped in her heart that Alex would take note of her likes.

"Favourite authors?" Alex casually continued.

"Tha same as yours," Hermione responded without hesitation.

"What makes you happy?" Alex continued.

"Being a top scorer," Hermione was full of pride.

"Best thing that had happened to you?" Alex asked. But hearing Alex, Hermione felt something was wrong. Was it deja vu? But she chose to ignore them for a while.

"Admission to Hogwarts". Hermione replied as she smiled shyly, looking at Alex.

"Your dream?"

"To be someone like professor McGonagall."

"Family?"

"Father, Mother and me," Hermione said.

And with that, Alex rubbed his hands on his pants and looked at Hermione meaningfully. He wanted her to get up so that they could leave now.

"Nothing else?" Hermione asked.

"Well, I am done," Alex shook his head.

'Why am I even surprised,' Alex thought and laughed at herself. He might have come to spend some time with her today on his own accord. But he is the same guy who threw her out of the train compartment without a word. People don't change so easily.

"Let's go..." Finally, Hermione gave up on Alex and decided to leave. It was already late.

"Shssh..." But Alex grabbed her hand and, with his fingers on his lips, gestured Hermione to stay silent as he watched the washroom door.

* * * * *

Announcement

Read till chapter 18.3 here: https://www.thelonelytales.com/

31