Battles
496 3 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Just as Xu Yue had finished preparing for the second trial, the artifact spirit appeared. When looking at the artifact spirit, Xu Yue could swear that the eye looked slightly bloodshot.

"I can begin the trial at anytime," said Xu Yue, not mentioning what she had just noticed.

"Just as I have said earlier, the second floor will test your battle ability," said the artifact spirit, managing to suppress his anger.

"To pass the second trial, you merely need to defeat your opponent."

Just as the artifact spirit said, Xu Yue found herself in the corner of a big room. On the opposite side of the room stood a man in a white robe.

The moment Xu Yue appeared, the man immediately took out his sword and began approaching her.

Just as the man was around 20 meters away from Xu Yue, he disappeared.

Xu Yue rapidly turned backwards as she used her sword to block his attack.

"He's faster and stronger than me," discovered Xu Yue after taking several steps back.

The swordsman was fighting extremely aggressively.

To defend against it, Xu Yue had to rely on the Origin Sword Style. After this, she felt the opponent try to poke holes in her defense.

After several minutes of battle, Xu Yue had received several small wounds and had not managed to attack her opponent.

She then noticed something. As the swordsman managed to pierce her defense, he would hold back.

She had only managed to realise this after an attack that she felt could have ended the fight had only wounded her.

As the fight continued, it seemed that Xu Yue had finally made a mistake. She had misjudged the angle of the swordsman's attack, and her sword had rebounded towards the side.

The swordsman took advantage of this by trying to slash at her torso. He then felt a burst of pain come from his lower half, Xu Yue's small leg had hit him between the legs. Just as he was entirely focused on taking advantage of her mistake, for a moment, he had stopped paying attention to her legs.

He stopped paying attention for a moment because of this distraction, but this was enough. Xu Yue then let out a furious slash that separated the opponents' upper and lower bodies. His sword had managed to slash her, but because of his distraction, it had not gone deep.

Looking at his cold, dead corpse, Xu Yue breathed a sigh of relief. She then took his sword and put it in her storage bag.

Looking at this scene, the artifact spirit felt his nonexistent lips twitch.

Xu Yue immediately appeared back in the hall.

Looking at her, the artifact spirit didn't know if he should commend her, or say that she should pay more attention to her reputation. He ignored the feeling of his nonexistent lips twitching.

For some reason, Xu Hui felt like he had gained another kindred spirit in the world.

"How did you know he would react to what you did?" asked the artifact spirit.

"I knew that you wouldn't put actual cultivators in as a challenge."

"Because he held back a little bit when he was attacking me, I guessed that he was a copy of a young cultivator without much experience."

"So he would both take the bait and try to defeat me, he would also be affected by the danger to his future descendants."

"I see, so that mistake was actually part of your plan."

"Do you think this young lady will make such a basic error?" said Xu Yue arrogantly.

At this moment, even a certain eye that was monitoring all of existence felt its non-existent lips twitch.

For some reason, when looking at Xu Yue, who was raising her head high like a little peacock, the artifact spirit's lips did not twitch anymore.

"You can begin the third trial now, or wait one day to rest."

"I'll begin it a day later," said Xu Yue.

As the artifact spirit disappeared, Xu Yue began to reflect on all the mistakes she had made in this battle.

Compared to sparring with her father or grandfather, which had little to no consequences, Xu Yue could not tolerate defeat in this battle.

As a result, Xu Yue gained several insights into how to use the Origin sword art defensively.

Unlike most cultivators at this stage, who need to take notes and may forget some things, Xu Yue had never had such a problem because she could simply remember all of them.

"You can now begin the trial on the third floor."

"On the third floor you will have to face opponents of increasing strength."

Immediately after hearing this, Xu Yue found herself in an arena with a brawny male cultivator opposite of her.

"Once again you merely need to defeat your opponent".

After hearing this, Xu Yue took out her sword and looked at her opponent.

Unlike her last battle, this cultivator seemed to fight extremely defensively.

For around 10 minutes, Xu Yue was on the offensive. Then, she finally saw a flaw in her opponent's defense. Xu Yue smirked.

She slashed towards the right part of the cultivator's chest.

The cultivator's opportunity had finally arrived. He had faked a flaw to gain this opportunity. He used his sword to block Xu Yue's attack and then ruthlessly used his left arm to punch towards Xu Yue.

The attack never came. The cultivator let out a painful cry as his left arm was separated from his body. He then saw his body go further and further away from him.

"You are a hundred years too young to fight this miss," said the eight-year-old Xu Yue, as she gazed at the cultivator's decapitated but temporarily alive head.

The eyes of the cultivator looked at Xu Yue. If his head was connected to his heart, they would have become extremely bloodshot. Even though his lips moved, no sound was coming out of them. She immediately got angry about what he tried to say and kicked his head against the wall.

Looking at what she had done, the artifact spirit prayed for those who annoyed her.

20