Meridians
401 1 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Xu Yue was practicing her swordsmanship in her cave abode, she suddenly had a feeling that the world seemed to have become slower, she also suddenly realized some mistakes she had made in her swordsmanship.

"I have completed my brain refinement, " thought Xu Yue as she examined herself. Even though her body had not grown any stronger, she felt that her combat power had increased massively.

After familiarising herself with her new strength, she left her cave abode and went to meet her master. A few minutes later, just as she was talking with her master.

Xu Yue ran and hugged her mother, who had just appeared next to them.

"Mother" shouted Xu Yue with a smile on her face.

Wu Jing had a smile on her face, looking at Xu Yue, who had grown taller in the past few months.

"Yue'er," said Wu Jing with a smile on her face, and one of her hands on Xu Yue's hair, ruffling it.

For a moment, Xu Yue thought that all the people she knew wanted to ruffle her hair.

"You have grown, Yue'er," said Wu Jing, looking at Xu Yue, who was much taller than when she last saw her more than a year ago.

After talking for around thirty minutes, Wu Jing finally began to talk about what she came here to do.

"You need to open your meridians," said Wu Jing, looking at Xu Yue, who had once again snuggled in her lap.

Most cultivators go directly from brain refinement to foundation establishment, but unknown to most them, another hidden level exists between these two realms, meridian refinement. To reach this level, you need the help of a higher level cultivator to open your meridians.

The higher the level of the cultivator, the more meridians he can help open.

Xu Yue stood crosslegged in her cave abode. Behind her stood Wu Jing.

As she closed her eyes, Xu Yue felt something enter her body through her back. It seemed to discover canals for itself to go through, it passed through 108 canals and made a full loop around her body. As it did, anything that was clogging her meridians was completely pushed aside.

Wu Jings's spiritual energy once again began a loop around her body, but this time the loop went through 120 meridians.

Xu Yue was feeling euphoric as Wu Jing was unclogging and mapping her meridians.

The meridians of the cultivator are divided into three levels, the 108 normal meridians, the 12 hidden meridians, and the seven spiritual meridians. By now, Wu Jing had unlocked both her normal and hidden meridians.

After completing the cycle a second time, Wu Jing began unclogging her spiritual meridians. This time she completely ignored the meridians she had previously unclogged.

The Seven spiritual meridians are channels that connect the body and the soul. After they are unclogged, some of the spiritual energy that nourishes the body will be transported along with them to the soul, nourishing it.

Wu Jing's spiritual energy passed along Xu Yue's spiritual meridians, opening and nourishing them. As all seven spiritual meridians were opened, Xu Yue felt a wave of coldness emerge from her brain and travel along her spiritual meridians to her body.

As this happened, a wave of orange energy emerged from the 7 Yang Orb, nullifying the effect of the coldness.

"The profound ice soul is fully matured," said Wu Jing with a surprised look on her face, for special souls and physiques, maturing means usually happens when the cultivator fully grows up.

For example, Xu Yue's Nine Yin Physique will only fully mature when Xu Yue's body is fully grown up, in seven to eight years. For special souls to mature prematurely is quite rare.

Wu Jing had a smile on her face after looking at Xu Yue, who was excited after unclogging her meridians.

For the next few hours, Xu Yue and Wu Jing talked about what happened in the past year or so since they were separated. One thing Xu Yue had discovered is that her father had begun to suffer a more and more ruthless beatings at the hands of her mother.

Looking at Xu Yue, who was displaying her sword intent, Wu Jing couldn't help but smile at the talent of her daughter.

After a few more hours of talking, Wu Jing finally left.

After Wu Jing left, Xu Yue began the monotonous routine she has had for the past year and a half. But, after refining her brain for an entire year, and having her physical strength only go up minimally after an entire year of training, Xu Yue finally experienced the feeling of her body becoming stronger at a fast pace once again.

After merely two months of training, Xu Yue's physical body had become nearly 50 percent stronger. She even felt her thinking become faster, probably a result of the opening of her spiritual meridians.

On a fateful day, after more than a year of seclusion, Liang Xiaoling had finally reached the Minor Trancendance Realm.

Looking at the Dao seedling that had taken root inside her sea of consciousness, Liang Xiaoling felt that going through that calamity was worth it.

"I have become nearly a thousand times stronger," thought Liang Xiaoling. She knew this was only possible because she had switched from the Dao of Rivers to the Dao of Water.

The Dao of Water, even though not at the level of the three most powerful Daos,  Time, Space, and Fate, is still considered a Heavenly Dao and is unfathomably strong.

Liang Xiaoling then went to see her master.

"Disciple meets master," said Liang Xiaoling.

"Good," said Feng Shuchun, but even so, a worry in her heart had finally been squashed. Had Liang Xiaoling failed to transform her Dao Seed into a seedling under the blessing of the Heavenly Dao, the difficulty would have spiked to an extreme level.

The disciple and her master continued talking for around two hours, regarding what happened when she was in seclusion and about Liang Xiaoling's future cultivation.

As she was leaving her master's chambers, Liang Xiaoling then heard her master say something in a low voice.

"Good job, Ling Ling," as Xiaoling heard this, a blush appeared on her face. She then increased her speed, leaving her master's abode.

19