Chapter 11. Atlas
841 1 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day, as agreed, Blake and I were supposed to go into town together to help me with the purchase of a new dress.

I arrived ten minutes before the appointed time, and was waiting for the guy at the school gate.

Deciding not to bother too much about my appearance, I gathered as simply as possible. She left her hair loose, and chose a simple beige dress and a hat and sandals of the same color as her outfit.

However, when Blake saw me from afar, he smiled and said:

— You're very beautiful today.

I was even embarrassed by such an unexpected compliment.

- thanks. You look really good too.

Blake was dressed in an ordinary white shirt and trousers, which, meanwhile, fit him perfectly. The guy's black hair was laid on one side, and a beautiful blue pattern on his shirt emphasized the color of his eyes.

As we drew level, Blake asked:

— Where do you want to go?

"I'm going to buy a dress," I said, "there's a banquet coming up, and I want to find something suitable."

— Hmm... I think I can help you with this," he drawled thoughtfully, "There are several boutiques for aristocrats in Atlas, and Madame Iris is in charge of the most popular of them. I'll take you to her.

"Oh, okay," I said happily, "then can we go right now?"

- of course.

Having previously informed the guards of the purpose of our visit to the city, we were released with a warning to return no later than nine in the evening.

Going down the slope, and passing through another gate, we found ourselves on a crowded Atlas street.

At first glance, it was a beautiful city from the time of the developed Middle Ages, which almost exactly repeated what I used to see in historical films.

One-story houses with red brick roofs, narrow streets and people scurrying back and forth about their business. At the sight of all this, in the first few minutes I really experienced an unprecedented delight as a child.

Blake, watching my reaction, asked:

— Have you never been to Atlas before?

I nodded my head.

— Well, then it will be your first time, — the guy smiled, — I hope that it will become memorable for you.

— With your help, most likely it will be, — I let out a laugh.

After a short walk around the city square, Blake and I went to Madame Iris's clothing boutique, from which, according to the guy, aristocrats from all over the country ordered outfits.

It took quite a bit of time to get to it, because it was also located in the center, and soon I saw a nice two-story building with the sign "Madame Iris Atelier".

We went inside, and a pleasant floral smell immediately hit my nose. The room was bright and cozy, there were mannequins and hangers with ready-made clothes everywhere, as well as pink sofas and armchairs for visitors.

Since it was still morning, there were almost no other visitors, and a plump, sweet woman dressed in a dress and an apron immediately approached us, and by which one could immediately tell that she was the owner of this institution.

— Good afternoon, do you want to buy something? "What is it?" she asked.

"Are you Madame Iris?" I asked.

— Yes, it's me. I have the best outfits in town! Tell me what you need, and I will definitely find something suitable for you.

"I need a dress for a special occasion," I explained, "something to wear to a banquet." But preferably not too fancy.

— Hmm... I have many suitable options for you. Please follow me.

Madame Iris took me to the fitting room, after which she checked my parameters, and showed me at least a dozen different types of dresses, among which I involuntarily fell into a stupor.

Blake obediently followed me all this time, and sometimes gave advice when I was interested in his opinion.

— What do you think about this ...? — I asked, pointing to a lush lemon-colored dress.

— To be honest, it seems to me that all of this will suit you... I'm not too experienced in this, because I've never chosen a dress for a woman," he said guiltily.

— But, nevertheless, which one do you think will suit me the most?

— Mm-hmm... I think you have beautiful hair and you need a dress that accentuates it," Blake remarked.

— Really?

My hair was an emerald color, and there really weren't many clothes that would go perfectly with them.

Therefore, in the end, I decided to rely on my own preferences.

Trying on a bunch of different dresses, my gaze eventually fell on the last one, hanging the most unremarkable on a hanger.

It was snow-white in color, with lace frills and a collar, elegant and simple at the same time. After trying it on in the fitting room, I realized that it would be the best choice for this occasion.

Moreover, it went well with my hair, and highlighted the color of my eyes. Therefore, after hesitating for just a second, I decided to buy it.

Madame Iris praised my choice and packed it several times so that I would carry it safely and the dress would not crumple on the way.

After saying goodbye to the woman, Blake and I went outside when it wasn't even the middle of the day.

Since we finished our business early, we decided to take an extra walk, taking into account the good weather.

Having fun and eating street sweets, Blake took me around the city for several hours, telling me its history and showing interesting sights.

In the end, we came to one of the longest streets, where there were tents and shops with various goods.

Walking past them, in the middle of the way, the guy suddenly stopped when he saw a fortune teller's tent not far away. A crowd of onlookers gathered around him, but few people went inside.

— Can we go in there? — he suddenly suggested.

— There? — I was surprised, — Why?

—I think it would be nice to know our future," Blake explained with a smile.

I snorted.

To be honest, I considered fortune tellers and other harbingers of the future no more than charlatans. At least, in my past world it was exactly like that.

— Do you really believe in this ...? — I asked skeptically.

— I don't know, — the guy shrugged, — But I think we won't lose anything if we just look? Besides, it is unlikely that we will be here again in the near future.

"Are you sure?"

— Hmm... I think it will be an interesting experience," Blake replied simply.

I sighed, having experienced an unthinkable feeling in my chest when the black rabbit and I were heading to this strange place.

25