Chapter 22. Threat
765 4 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When I informed the professor of natural Sciences that Rachel would not be able to go on a school trip and I was staying with her, he reacted surprisingly calmly.

Contrary to my initial expectations that the professor would not consider Rachel's illness a weighty excuse, he agreed to postpone writing a report for us as an exception.

I suspected that he made this decision because he was well aware of the situation. The professor knew that no one at the academy would take care of Rachel except me.

It was bitter, but at the same time, the truth.

Therefore, I remained doubly grateful to this person. At least someone in this place understood how difficult it was for Rachel to survive in such conditions. Perhaps, after this incident, natural history will become my favorite subject.

Since almost all the freshmen were leaving for extracurricular activities, the academy should be extremely deserted for these couple of days. Since the upperclassmen were too busy with exams, they didn't have time to just wander around the corridors.

Even now, when I was returning from the school medical center, there were fewer people on my way. Everyone was hastily packing up at the hostel, as the departure was already tomorrow.

I asked the nurse for all the necessary antipyretics, herbal tinctures and other things that might be needed. Despite Rachel's claims that she was fine, I still intended to arrange bed rest for her for a few more days.

Even if the girl herself didn't care about her health, I wasn't going to leave everything carelessly. After all, since recently, her welfare has become my concern too.

On my return, I planned to cook chicken broth for Rachel. I have no idea how effective this remedy is, but at least it is more pleasant than the usual tincture.

With a bag filled with supplies from the medical room, I walked along the second floor completely without a second thought. But it turned out that everything was not so simple for me.

As if sensing that someone was following me all this time, I turned around sharply and met the familiar gaze of blue eyes.

Only he was missing here.

Noticing my luggage, Philippe Blanche asked anxiously:

— Leriana, are you sick?!

He was going to check my pulse right away, but I didn't let him do it.

— And good morning to you, Your Highness.

Meanwhile, I noticed that something had definitely changed in the guy.

After I coolly refused him at the banquet, we never saw each other. Actually, I was not interested in this topic. This was the page of my life that I wanted to turn over once and for all.

But Philip, apparently, still harbored some hopes.

— Why do you need so many medications? — despite my unequivocal greeting, the prince still continued to ask questions, — Is this something serious?

— It's not for me, — I decided to answer, — I took medications for Rachel.

Hearing this name, the guy's expression instantly changed. There was an obvious irritability and coldness in his tone.

"So you're going to see her now?"

— Yes, — I said without hesitation, — I need to hurry, so I'm saying goodbye to you, Your Highness.

I had nothing to talk about with Prince Philip, so I intended to leave right away. But he suddenly took my hand.

I was surprised.

"Your Highness, let me go!"

— Leriana, you don't know who you've contacted yet! — Philip spoke desperately, — Let me prove that she is not who she claims to be.

After the guy started talking some nonsense, I finally got mad at him.

— Your Highness, I can decide for myself with whom I communicate or not…

— no! — He suddenly declared, — You can't!

The Prince continued to hold my wrist, despite repeated requests to stop.

I had no idea what was going on. This Philip was different from his usual self — calm and rational. Right now, he could barely keep his composure.

It was too abrupt a change of character. It's like someone took and changed the original settings in the character to the opposite.

Meanwhile, I tried to negotiate with him.

"Your Highness, let me go and we'll talk normally."…

"I'll let you go if you promise not to go to that damned girl," he delivered a sharp ultimatum.

- what?

"I just want to help you." You'll get into trouble immediately if you keep messing with someone like her…

Philippe Blanche could not finish, because the next second he flew sharply to the side and almost hit his head. Once on the floor, he looked up in shock.

I was also surprised to see a figure suddenly appear in front of me.

— If you touch my girlfriend again, I'll break all your arms.

The cold warning sounded more like a real threat.

Rachel looked at the Crown Prince contemptuously, as if she were looking at some kind of slug.

— What… What did you say?!

"I said this is the last time I'm leaving you alive."

32