Chapter 5: Containment Breach Part 2 and Hidden Relationships
58 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Back to normal 3rd POV)

Site-19 Heavy Containment Zone

“Avoid the amulet, we don’t need to deal with him right now,” Annabelle said as she moved past the body and down the hall where the roars of hatred were coming from.

‘Oh Fuck it, I can just talk to him later’ Ty thought bitterly as she reluctantly followed after her twin.

The closer they got to SCP-682, the more blood and bodies there were. The bodies were mangled and were way beyond recognisable, it seemed like some of them were eaten as well.

It wasn’t long before the twins found where some of the missing survivors were with the remaining security officers, “What are you two doing here!?” Dr.Stephens exclaimed when he saw the two come towards their group of survivors.

“Helping you of course” Annabelle stated as Ty walked past the group of survivors and down the hall where it was sealed off with many steel doors, everyone but Annabelle was surprised by how lightly she was treating the situation.

Soon enough, banging sounds and roars of anger were coming from behind the steel doors that are just a few feet away from Ty.

“Hey! Get away from there!”

A random security officer shouted out toward Ty.

“Don’t worry, she’ll be fine,” Annabelle said to reassure the group of survivors.

“How do you know?”

“Because she has met him before, he’ll remember her and how she was” Annabelle informed them as the steel doors broke down.

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Item #: SCP-682

Object Class: Keter

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-682 must be destroyed as soon as possible. At this time, no means available to SCP teams are capable of destroying SCP-682, only able to cause massive physical damage. SCP-682 should be contained within a 5 m x 5 m x 5 m chamber with a 25 cm reinforced acid-resistant steel plate lining all inside surfaces. The containment chamber should be filled with hydrochloric acid until SCP-682 is submerged and incapacitated. 

Any attempts of SCP-682 to move, speak, or breach containment should be reacted to quickly and with full force as called for by the circumstances.

Personnel is forbidden to speak to SCP-682, for fear of provoking a rage state. All unauthorized personnel attempting to communicate to SCP-682 will be restrained and removed by force.

Due to its frequent attempts at containment breach, the difficulty of containment and incapacitation, and the high threat of Foundation Exposure, SCP-682 is to be contained in Site [REDACTED]. The Foundation will use the best of its resources to maintain all land within fifty (50) kilometres clear of human development.

Description: SCP-682 is a large, vaguely reptile-like creature of unknown origin. It appears to be extremely intelligent and was observed to engage in complex communication with SCP-079 during their limited time of exposure. SCP-682 appears to have a hatred of all life, expressed in several interviews during containment.

SCP-682 has always been observed to have extremely high strength, speed, and reflexes, though exact levels vary with their form. SCP-682's physical body grows and changes very quickly, increasing or decreasing in size as it consumes or sheds material. SCP-682 gains energy from anything it ingests, organic or inorganic. Digestion seems to be aided by a set of filtering gills inside of SCP-682's nostrils, which are able to remove usable matter from any liquid solution, enabling it to regenerate from the acid it is contained in constantly. SCP-682's regenerative capabilities and resilience are staggering, and SCP-682 has been seen moving and speaking with its body 87% destroyed or rotted.

In case of a containment breach, SCP-682 is to be tracked and re-captured by all available Mobile Task Forces, and no teams with fewer than seven (7) members are cleared to engage it. To date (██-██-████), attempted breaches have numbered seventeen (17), while successful breaches have numbered six (6).

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

The giant undead lizard with a mane and skull face stood tall and angry in front of Ty, though instead of just attacking like all of the group thought HE would do.

682 leaned down to be on eye level with Ty, “I know you better than your sister, why, protect such disgusting humans?” 682 inquired Ty.

“Because I have faith since me and my sister are here, plus I have no other choice since I can’t exactly get rid of them all, old friend” Ty murmured to 682 as she rubbed his snout, “Though, that doesn’t mean I won’t allow you to scare them,” Ty told 682 cheekily.

“Hmph, you haven’t changed at all over the years,” 682 said after he huffed a chuckle after Ty said that.

The group of survivors couldn’t believe what they were seeing and hearing, there was someone who SCP-682 wouldn’t kill.

“Well~ I can’t really change if I have to deal with so many worlds all the time,” Ty said as she led 682 down the hall and towards the group of survivors.

“Get up against the wall!” Annabelle ordered the survivors, “Thanks, sis!” Ty said in her usual sweetened voice.

682 huffed again as he nudged Ty in the back, “Don’t worry I’ll explain later” Ty told her old friend.

“You better, I want to hear what’s been happening since our last encounter,” 682 told Ty while whacking a security officer in the head, “Oh yeah be careful when down here, Bright’s amulet should still be on the body” Ty warned SCP-682 as they got closer to where Bright’s old body was.

When they did reach the body, 682 picked up the amulet in his teeth.

“I didn’t expect you to be ‘caring’ to help him” Ty stated nonchalantly before 682 placed the amulet around her neck.

“Uh… Why? I already deal with over 200 entities I don’t need an over eccentric and complicated madman being in my head” Ty said as she kept Bright from taking control, she also silenced him to make sure she doesn’t have to handle the shouting.

“You messed with me the last time, I’m just getting payback” 682 stated as they continued towards the elevator.

“Welp, I don’t doubt you being able to do so but I would’ve already by getting in trouble for helping you break out of the facility” Ty stated as 682 broke through the elevator and to the other side where he started digging out.

Ty turned around when she heard a familiar voice talk behind her, “I’m gonna have to explain you two’s relationship to the O5, aren’t I?” Annabelle rhetorically asked as she went to stand next to her twin.

“If you want to” Ty shrugged as she started following 682 out of the facility through his tunnel, Annabelle shook her head as she trailed behind with the rest of the group.

They were mainly leaving through 682’s tunnel since they didn’t want to walk around and deal with MTF on the other side of the facility, they’d much rather deal with them when they were next to the Undead Duo(682 and Ty) so they wouldn’t have to explain the insanity they saw when the MTF could see it as well.

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

[Darkstrider]

Sorry for the five-day-long hiatus, I’m posting more of the story when I don’t have school or any work, though it's the start of the school holidays so I’ll be able to post more now.

I wonder how the Foundation will react when they find out SCP-682 put Dr.Bright’s amulet on Ty, will they keep her as his permanent host or will they give him a new one before the 30 days are over? 

Read to find out…

[/Darkstrider]

3