Chapter 14: Recovery and Unknown Behaviour
21 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Site-17, Near Las Vegas, Nevada

Ty was standing out on top of the rooftop while Annabelle was sitting by the door, the door opened to Dr.Glass and a young Chinese male with SCP-963 hanging around his head.

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Item #: SCP-963

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-963-1 is to be given into the care of a current D-level operative, as well as personnel classified as Dr. Bright's assistant. This assistant is to be chosen by O5-█ for loyalty to the Foundation, as well as psychological stability.

SCP-963 is to be attached to the subject's forehead or the back of the subject's hand using a suitably strong epoxy. SCP-963-1 is now hung by a chain from the subject's neck. 963-1 is not allowed to be hidden upon the subject's body. Any attempt to do so will be met with lethal force.

If the current D-level subject exceeds a thirty-day life span, they are to be executed and a new subject chose to wear 963-1. By order of O5-█, anybody SCP-963-1 is installed upon is given a stay of execution until it passes on of natural causes, or 963-1 is transferred to a new host.

ATTENTION: As of 12/13/████ 963-1 is not allowed in the proximity of any Euclid or Keter class humanoid SCPs. This directive is to be enforced lethally. Rescinded, O5-6, O5-8, O5-9

ATTENTION: As of Incident-239-b Clef-Kondraki, SCP-963-1 is not allowed at Site 17 without the express permission of three O5's. Violations are to be met with lethal force. Rescinded, O5-6, O5-8, O5-9

Description: SCP-963-1 is an ornate amulet approximately 15 centimetres in circumference made from white gold, with thirteen (13) ██k brilliant-cut diamonds surrounding a ███k oval-cut ruby in a starburst pattern. It was discovered in the personal effects of ██████ ███ who had been found dead by apparent suicide, surrounded by several supernaturally-related books. Our Agent in the area found that 963-1 was incapable of being damaged and brought it in according to protocol XLR-8R-██.

Dr. Jack Bright,1 a Junior Staff researcher of good standing, was assigned the responsibility of researching SCP-963-1's capabilities, and granted access to [REDACTED]. Later that year, SCP-076-2 broke containment (see document 076-2-19A), leading to [REDACTED] deaths and ██ casualties. Doctor Bright was transporting SCP-963-1 by hand past SCP-076-2's containment unit and was among the first KIB (killed in breach). Approximately █ days later, D1-113, tasked to clear the area of rubble, discovered 963-1 among the wreckage and picked it up. An immediate, noticeable change came over D1-113. Interview follows.

——————————————————————————————————————————

After much experimentation, it has been discovered that when any living anthropoid comes into direct skin contact with SCP-963-1, the mind of the subject is wiped, and that of Dr. Bright is projected from 963-1 onto the subject. It is known that memories native to Dr. Bright transfer from host to host.

If a subject maintains contact for thirty (30) days, their brain functions become a duplicate of the late Dr. Bright's. If 963-1 is removed after this time, the subject retains an independent copy of the consciousness of Jack Bright. Sanctions were put in place to prevent multiple instances of Dr. Bright from being created to prevent Dr. Bright from collaborating with himself, however, it was found this was not necessary, as Doctor Bright has proven thoroughly dedicated to the Foundation and its cause.

Doctor Bright himself has performed extensive experimentation on SCP-963-1, with the expressed desire for release from it. Interviews with Doctor Bright indicate that ██████ ███ killed himself in the process of empowering SCP-963-1, and was therefore never able to slave his own consciousness from the amulet. Doctor Bright hypothesizes that he accidentally activated 963-1's power by being killed, instead of killing himself as the original creator had done.

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

“Ty, are you okay?” Annabelle called out to her sister cautiously, “Yea, I’m fine… Just disoriented” Ty replied with an exhausted voice.

Annabelle

 Is this about Crimson?

Ty

 Yes

Annabelle

 I and the others will be here if you need to talk to someone

Ty

 I know

“Is she okay?” Dr.Glass asked Annabelle, concerned with how Ty was acting. “She is, it's just… What happened brought up some unpleasant memories” Annabelle explained to him, she was greatly concerned for her twin.

A Bright light caught everyone’s attention, Annabelle and the other two looked over at Ty and saw Nightmare lay next to her.

“It wasn’t your fault, hostie,” Nightmare said softly, despite her natural personality, “I know that Nightmare, but still, if I had known what Mother would do to the rest of our siblings, especially after what I did” Ty ranted.

“Unity, the majority of us already forgave you for what happened that night” Annabelle put in her input, “Exactly, plus he did say that he wanted to get rid of you long before, so it technically wasn’t mother’s fault either but his own” Nightmare exclaimed as she nipped Ty’s arm.

“I know, it’s just I still couldn’t help him and his suffering, I’m the 3rd eldest of this family,” Ty said softly as she petted Nightmare’s head, still feeling guilty but at least better than before.

Dr.Glass and the young male that followed him before had left the twins and Matrix on the rooftop.

Annabelle got up and joined her sisters, “Feeling better now, Ty?” Annabelle asked as she stood on the other side of Ty.

“Yea, thanks Night” Ty agreed and thanked Nightmare, “Your Welcome” Nightmare said before she returned to Ty’s mindscape.

2