135 – Lost child, lost godfather
587 6 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
I'm back! Shorter chapters now thought to facilitate my new schedule.

...I returned from the mission.

True to my earlier words, it was indeed a vacation. After requesting the help of a Necromancer from Adel, the rest was really easy. Necromancers were really overpowered. I didn't understand why they weren't used more in wars.

Anyways, I was back at Avaron now...with Glacia still sitting on my hand. I entered my dorm and turned on the lights. As soon as I did so, Glacia excitedly shouted,

"Daddy! Daddy! The birds!"

"The seeds?"

"The bird!"

It seemed that her delusions were still not gone. 

Sighing, I reached into [Alternate storage] and took out the plant pots. However, something was strange. I could see something slowly protruding out of the dirt.

"Don't tell me..."

After a few more seconds, the dirt simultaneously burst open, and birds of various colors flew out.

"Birdies!"

While Glacia was chasing the birds down in joy, I dropped the pots to the floor and slumped to the ground; shocked.

"What the actual fuck?"

I was still trying to comprehend the situation when the door of my dorm opened, and Alicia entered.

"What happened here?"

I shook my head bitterly at her words.

"I wish to know that, too."

.

.

.

.

After a while, I calmed down and bought a few things to test out Glacia's powers. First, I placed some seeds—normal ones—inside yet some more plant pots. I told Glacia to direct some of her Mana into the pots, but the plants didn't grow at all.

Thanks to this, I could confirm that no, she didn't have any bullshit Life power.

After several more tests (involving dead animals), I finally came to a reasonable conclusion.

'She's a Necromancer.'

Well, technically.

What she did wasn't exactly Necromancy since she infused the soul of a creature into another. And, the new creature was considered a living being by Status, not an Undead.

I...didn't know what to make of this. I couldn't even think of any useful application for this aside from maybe saving my life. Though, such a method seemed to be very unreliable (especially when done by a child).

So, I decided to put it in the back of my mind and left Glacia in Alicia's care to focus on more important things.

'Adel seems to want to talk to me. Let's see what's my favorite Regressor has to say.'

.

.

.

.

"Tea?"

"Yes, thanks."

Currently, I was sitting at a tea table with Adel. After emptying my cup, I called for the servant to refill it again.

The servant was a child roughly twelve years of age. She had black hair, black eyes, pale skin, and she was wearing a maid outfit.

As the servant went on standby again, I drank a bit of the tea and asked the Regressor,

"That child, is she..."

"Yes, she's [Despair]."

"I see..."

I had my suspicions, but Adel just confirmed my guess. I couldn't mistake that dreadful aura in a hundred years.

"I still can't believe you used the Heart to make that."

"Believe me," she sighed. "The items you can make with [Despair]'s Heart are shit. Desair, my new servant, is the most useful thing I can make out of it."

"You named her 'Desair'?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Is there a problem?"

I weighed the ups and downs of telling her the obvious thing, but I eventually decided not to.

"Well then, let's get into business. Why did you call me here?"

"It's about the Emperor."

"What about him?"

Suddenly, I had a really bad premonition about this.

As if to confirm my guess, Adel slowly opened her mouth.

"He wants to meet you."

"Pffft!" 

Unable to contain my shock, I spit all the tea in my mouth all over Adel's face.

Adel wasn't particularly minded by this. She snapped her fingers and soon, Desair walked up to her with a tissue and began wiping her face.

"W-Why would he want to meet me?"

"I don't know. And, it's not just him. The Empress also wants to—"

"PFFFT!"

I spit the tea all over her again. By now, Adel was getting pretty annoyed.

"W-When do they want to meet me?"

"A few weeks from now, and they want to meet you during the Grand Dukes' annual meetin—"

"PFFFFT!"

Adel was prepared. She conjured a wall of Hardlight and stopped the tea from staining her face again.

"As I was saying, the Emperor, Empress, and Grand Dukes are going to meet you a few weeks from now."

Still not recovered from my surprise, I shakily asked,

"I-Is there any way I can refuse?"

In response, Adel laughed loudly as if I'd just asked the silliest question ever.

"What are you saying? Of course you can't."

"...Fuck me."

.

.

.

.

It took me a day to finally come to terms with my situation. For some god damn reason, the most powerful people in the Empire wanted to meet me. And, I could guess as to why. I was the Void slayer, after all.

"Fucking dammit, those two Void lords won't make my life easier even after they died, huh?"

That aside, it was convenient that the meeting would take place in a few weeks since I had just enough time to prepare for things. As I put on my coat and was about to leave the dorm, I could feel Glacia tugging on my clothes.

"Daddy, can I come?"

I scanned the room, but found no Alicia. She was probably with Headmaster Alan again. So, with a heavy sigh, I answered,

"Just don't be too much trouble."

"Yay!"

10