Chapter 7: To The Academy
276 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"DAD! YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENED!" Lemma rushed to her father. "I HAD A DREAM WHERE-"

A side effect of her earlier downgrade was her starting to have dreams. Lemma is now, functionally, a human being, albeit, much better than others. She tripped, she made mistakes, and she overcame them, 

"Hahaha. Is that so? Come here." Lemma rushed to his father and sat on his lap. 

"Are you ready for school?"

"Of course!" 

With her custom-fitted uniform with a pink star on the left chest, and her white, round hat, she was ready to take her first step outside the slum. She always saw the distant skyscrapers from her home, wondering what kind of people would live in such majestic glass rectangles.

"Fweet! Now that's a handsome dad." Carlo was dressed his best. A black polo and slick pants, with his graying hair licked upwards.

"Go get them, Lemma! Show those city boys they can't beat us no further!" Their neighbors cheered for them like a war party departing to fight for their nation. They threw confetti for them made of the wrappings of biscuits and instant noodles and blew handmade trumpets. It was a memorable sight.

Her eyes sparkled as she was finally out of the snake-like claustrophobic alleyways of the slum into the larger roads of Greater Manila. Rampaging cars, motors, buses, and jeepneys filled the road, slightly making Lemma nervous. Yes, the replacement of her memory system did not fully remove her fear, it was now deeper than that, it became a part of her personality.

"You afraid? Hold my hand."

In this part of the country, the roads are free for all. Sidewalks are non-existent, so people must cross the road while vehicles the speed of 60km/hr would just brush over to your side. This was a nightmare for Lemma, but it also showed her love for her Dad whom she crossed the road with. 

Slowly, they were approaching the upper-class districts of Manila. The clean streets sparkled from the sunlight, the carefully planted palm trees and the several flower bushes on the sidewalks complemented the beige walls of the massive stores. Lemma eyes were of deer's' caught off guard. And the residents looked at them with disgust.

"Jesus, these stinking-slumrats!"

But they were set on their goal, and before they knew it, they were in front of the forefront university of the nation. It was the Main Campus of the Republic Science Academy of the Philippines. After passing through the massive roman columns on the entrance with stoic guards armed with shotguns, they finally entered the academy. Simply put, her home and the academy interior was night and day.

Although being world-famous, almost one recognized Dr. Carlo, especially with his long and unkempt, scruffy beard. That is except for one man, and the one who recommended his daughter to be immediately be put into the 4th grade: Dr. Yuuta Matsuda of the Biology Department. 

"Tomoya-san... no, I mean, Carlo. And hello to you too, Lemma." Dr. Yuuta was the one who masterminded the creation of Lemma's physical body from her breathing mechanism to her using food as a fuel.

"Do you know him, Dad?"

"Well, he recommended you to this school."

"I'm Dr. Yuuta, Ms. Lemma. I'm going to be your classroom adviser." He said while closely examining her body, impressed by this technological wonder. 

Before Yuuta was able to touch her, Carlo gave him a death glare."Yuuta..." 

"No! This is my first time seeing her, you see!"

"Yeah, I know. You and Ile are the only people I trust."  Carlo earnestly said. 

"Don't worry, I will take good care of her."

"Be nice to your classmates, okay? See you later." 

Lemma entered the classroom behind the metal door.

12