Chapter 9: First Friend?
210 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Well, there you go. That's why she transferred here. Have fun with Lemma, okay?" Yuuta said as he nonchalantly left the classroom.

"What the hell?! She's the only one who aced the exam?" Everyone praised her.

"Aren't those college-level questions? You are amazing, Lemma!" The girl sitting in front of Lemma turned around and faced her, she looked fairly average. Lightish-skinned, round face, average height, and wears glasses. "To come from the slums and knowing all of that... you must be a genius!" Lemma thought to herself, "That was college level?"

She reaches out her hand to her and enthusiastically declares herself, "I'm Sophia, class president. With your smarts, we will definitely jump to the 7th grade by next semester! Nice to meet you, Ms. Lemma!" Lemma leaned a little bit to see Sophia's test results and saw she only got 1 wrong. "Ahahaha, yeah. I was so close!"

"I can see through you, slumrat. You think she's stupid." Lawrence looked at her with contempt. "I don't know how you did it, but you must be cheating!"

"Look, Lawrence also got a perfect score!" 

"Of course I did." A smug smile filled his face. "Just don't take the top spot or I'll call my father."

"Sophia, what's with this dude's obsession with his dad?"

"Well... they do own ZM malls..."

"What's that?"

"Y-you don't know?"

"I think I saw some plastic with a ZM logo on the landfills..."

"Then, let's go after class!"

The entire day was filled with Lemma proving herself that she belongs in the class, earning the top marks at every tests and exams. Whether this was because of her being artificial or because she IS the daughter of a world-class scientist, was something to be debated. But those weren't important to Lemma. She only saw her father being a great parent and a great teacher. 

Then, it was the end of her first day at class.

"Hnnnng!" Lemma stretched her arms, "This was a bit of a tiring day!" She then thought to herself, "I can get tired with mental tasks too now?" 

With her new friend Sophia, they walked together outside of school and stood on beside the road. 

"W-what are we doing here?" Sophia lifted her hands and a taxi stopped in front of them. "What are you waiting for, get in!" Lemma looked at the taxi like how people looked down from a very high place.

"I-I can't!" Lemma ran back to the academy aimlessly. She unknowingly entered the library, a huge circular room, like layers of onion, filled to the brim with books. She kept running and hid on one of the layers and cried to herself. 

"I-I hate cars!" She muttered to herself. "Stupid wheels!" She kicked her leg out of anger and hit the shelf in front of her. "OUCH!" The pain from kicking made her off balance and she hit her head on the shelf behind her.

"H-hey! Are you alright?" A guy went towards her, only to be terrified.

"Yeah, I'm okay. Hmmm... Is it me or is it darker?"

"W-w-w-w-w-w-w-w-WHAT IS THAT?!" He pointed at the ground. 

"Is that... OH MY GOD?!" Lemma was also terrified and instinctively went towards the guy. It was Lawrence. "Wait, you're the fat pig."

"Don't touch me you slumr- WHAT THE HELL?!"

Lemma's left eye was missing. 

It was her left eyeball on the ground.

11