Chapter 10: First Friend
187 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Y-Y-YOUR EYE!"

Lawrence, who was very arrogant to Lemma earlier, is now cowering in fear looking at the empty eye socket of Lemma.

"Ahhh... It's my first day and someone found out my secret." Lemma grabs her fallen eyeball and puts it back in her socket. A few adjustments and she's able to move it again. "Thank God, this is easier to do now!" Pertaining to her past eyeballs which needed much more careful insertion.

"WHAT THE HELL?! THAT ISN'T POSSIBLE!"

"Uhhh... how do I explain this... Oh, how convenient." She saw the book behind Lawrence and grabbed it. 

"Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? It's a great book, isn't it. Humans and androids." Says Lemma while skimming through the entire book. "Do you like this book?"

"What are you saying? You're an android? That's impossible! My family ran a background check on you and found that you were a slumrat!"

"Android, robot, AI, whatever you want to call me. Something like that. I don't know why, but yeah, I do live in the slums, fatty." Lawrence eyes lit up, both with contempt and excitement.

"A-a robot? You?"

"Yep. You want to see my eyeball again?" Said Lemma while moving her face closer to Lawrence. "Just kidding, it actually hurts." Lemma grabs his hand. 

"W-what do you think you're doing?!" His face started to turn red. 

"Here's your proof." He puts his hand on her chest.

"THIS IS BAD. I CAN'T DO THAT BECAUSE I'M STILL- H-h-huh..."

There was no heartbeat.

"I see..."

"How is it?! Do you believe me now?!"

"Y-y-you-"

"W-what?"

"YOU'RE SO AWESOME!!! WHAT ARE YOU, WHO MADE YOU? CAN YOU FIRE DEADLY LAZERS WITH YOUR EYES? CAN YOU DO THE ROBOT DANCE? CAN YOU-"

Lemma pushes Lawrence's face away as he moves closer to check every part of Lemma.

"Don't come closer to me!"

"Oh... it's just that my family has a similar project you know, making robots and stuff. Look." He shows his phone and shows a photo of a quadruped robot. "We call this RX-194, we just call him Rex. Isn't he cute!"

"Ooh, that is cute."

Before long, Lawrence and Lemma were watching videos of the Zy family robots together on one corner of the library. 

"There was also this robot in Japan, it can actually carry things the size of-"

"W-wow..."

Because of Lawrence's constant talking about random robot facts, she remembered about Sophia.

"Oh gosh!" Lemma stands up and while running, shouts at Lawrence. "You're kinda funny. Sorry for calling you fatty! Later, Robonerd!" 

"...hmph"

After running back, she saw Sophia on the entrance of the library.

"I knew it! That face only means one thing. You were poopy, weren't you?!" Lemma places her hands on her stomach and goes along with her suggestion. "Y-yeahhh... I think I ate something stale."

"It happens to everyone. Let's go to-"

"I don't wanna ride cars..."

After a little bit of thinking, Sophia finally gets to a conclusion. She adjusts her glasses and declares to herself, " I completely get it! It's a little bit expensive, yeah! Especially since you're from the slums." 

"S-sure..."

"Then let's just walk!" 

Thus, the two girls walked towards the mall on the breezy, afternoon day. It was her first time on a Zy Mall, the most popular malls of the country. It was a very typical visit to the mall, where the two of them window shopping, eating food together. It was so ordinary that any onlooker would just see them as some students having fun together. Before long, it was night time.

"That was fun! Let's do that again sometime, Lemma!"

"Hehehe! Sure, Sophia!" Sophia went home by calling a taxi.

Sophia was finally alone. She remembered something that Carlo gave to her, "This is a phone, use it when you need me, okay?" It was her first time using her phone, a model so old that it was known for being as hard as bricks. But it didn't open.

"W-what am I supposed to do?!" Before she can shed her first tear, someone came up to her.

"H-H-hoy! Why are you crying?" It was Lawrence. 

"W-what are you doing here? S-stalking?"

"I just happened to be here!" It was a lie, he was so happy about robots that he followed her all day seeing what kind of robot Lemma was. "Also, here." He lent his Ephone, the latest model. 

"Uhhh... how do you use this?"

"Are you a dumb robot?!"

After some demonstrations, Lemma finally was able to call her dad to pick her up. When Carlo arrived, he saw his daughter talking to a boy.

"Wow... you actually made a friend already?", staring at Lawrence,  "I'm Lemma's dad."

"Heh. I'm Lawrence Zy, 4th son of the Zy Dynasty." With a majestic pose, he pointed at Carlo,

"Now, slumrat, tell me how you got this robot!"

10