Chapter 12: Hagiwara Tomoya
167 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tomoya, written with the characters for smart(智) and progress(弥), was just one of the sons from the huge Hagiwara family. He was immediately noticed for his genius intellect and was eventually put into the most prestigious university of Japan. His thesis about the replication of a simple lifeform's nervous system was noticed by the government and he was placed into the premier artificial intelligence research facility.

"This is your task." It was trying to recreate a frog, much more advanced than his research about worms.

"I'm Dr. Yuuta, from the biology branch."

"I'm Dr. Sachi, from the data systems branch."

"Likewise, I'm Dr. Tomoya, let's all get along for this project."

They conducted their experiments on a place similar to the current basement room of Carlo. They kept trying to read the electrical signals of frogs and trying to recreate it. They failed every time.

"Why is this happening? The pattern is the exact same!" 

"Maybe we were mistaken that it was just the electrical signals." The digital model was the exact same, however, it didn't behave like a normal frog. "Perhaps the storage system itself affects the behavior?"

"Basically, you think we need to recreate a body too?"

"Perhaps."

With his expertise, Yuuta was able to create a realistic frog body, with the nervous system meticulously replaced by Sachi with artificial wirings. After uploading the data into the body, the plastic frog started to twitch and hopped like a regular frog. "Wo-wowowahh! Look at that!"

They let out some flies and the frog expectedly ate them. "That is amazing... It really behaves like a frog."

A very dashing man, far taller than the average, came approaching them clapping his hands. His words were very refined, deep like a lion's growl.

"Excellent work. I think you are ready for the next project." It was their director and funder of the project, Horace Zy, owner of the ZM malls from the Philippines. "Although, frogs don't do much for us. It's time for you to recreate humans."

"Humans? What we did was just copy the neural data of a frog. Wouldn't that create two of that same person?"

"Doesn't matter to me. You'll meet the volunteer in a week." Horace left the scene.


"Aren't you excited, Tomoya? We're recreating humans, you know?" On a MxZolands, the three were eating like 3 salarymen on a meetup.

"Don't you think it's weird? What use does that research even accomplish?" 

"We're scientists. It's not our job to think about that." Yuuta takes a piece of meat from the burger he's eating and shows it to both of them.

"Look, this used to be a cow, but we are all just eating it, not caring about the suffering the cow has to go through to be this way. Just eat, because it's delicious." Yuuta says as he drops the meat from his mouth. "Leyt otheyrs haeyndle *glup* that thinking for us."


"Well, we're here. Sachi is late, though."

"Welcome, great scientists. I introduce you to our volunteer." 

It was Sachi.

"Let's go!" Sachi said as she raised her fist.

7