Chapter 17: The First Immortal
131 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"After that, I went into hiding on the interior of Japan. It's pretty mountainous there, you know?" Carlo had this distant look, despite nothing but a computer monitor in front of him.

"Dad..."

"I had met a lot of good people, they helped me along the way. Yura, Ichimatsu-san, Tanuki-sama... eventually, I determined that the best place to live was here in the Philippines. If I wanted to start a new life, as Carlo, I should go to a place where that name is common. A place that will allow me to be a free man."

"Dad!"

"Eventually, I met your mother, Ile. She was one of those who welcomed me here after I got out of the ocean-travelling boat. She was quite lovely in her youth, you know. But then I found out about ZM malls and how Horace, the same Horace who was our director, was the owner. Even though I grew this sick beard, I had to find a safe place to hide. Ile was actually fine with that. We eventually had two children-"

"DAD!"

"Ahh, oops. I've been dragging this story way too long. Sorry that I'm boring you, Lemma-" She hugged Carlo. She couldn't find any words to say. Being bombarded by the entire life story of her father, the only thing she can think of his trying to comfort the sadness she saw.

"Hahaha... I love you so much, Lemma. Thank you for listening to this broken man. Did you know, your eyes are as blue as the summer sky? Let me show you someone as dear to me as you are."

They went towards one of the body cabinets, one unlike all the other cabinets, has no label. When they opened it, they saw an average-looking Japanese woman, with a blindfold covering her eyes.

"This is... Chisa. The reason why she's blindfolded-"

"My eyes... why?"

"I want you to see the world as she saw it, Lemma. Not just literally, but how she saw the beauty of everything. The bustling cities, the large, mountain ranges, the towering landfills, the desolate graveyards, the beauty of mankind, the beauty in me. That is something that I can never do. But I believe you can, Lemma. You have the greatest potential of anyone that has ever existed. You are the first immortal."

"I-I still don't understand."

"One day, you will."


Bonsai looked the eyes of Lemma, it was a color he has never seen before.

"What is a blue summer sky?"

"Seriously? You don't know? Dumb plant!"

"W-who are you calling a dumb plant!"

"Stupid plaaaa..........nn......t......."

Gradually, Lemma turned silent again.

"..."

"Seriously, what even is Lemma..."

59 seconds until the end.

5