Chapter 19: Honor Day
78 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

At the end of the semester, the top 3 students of the Star Class were Sophia, Lemma, and Lawrence. With this achievement, they are eligible to move to the 7th grade immediately. In the Republic Science Academy of the Philippines (RSAP), an honor ceremony were always held for them. 

The three became friends from their time spent in their secret place in the library playing with different Zy robots. But it was their first time meeting their family. 

"Interesting. Three students achieving the same top scores. Can't say I'm a bit disappointed in you, Lawrence." It was a very, tall, dashing man. All those who saw him knew his face. It was Horace Zy, owner of the famous ZM malls.

"Sorry, father."

"Look at them, my son." On the stage before them, were the top 3 students of the 10th grade.

"Those three will immediately enter college at the ripe age of 14. When they finish their studies, they will become powerful people in this country. The government is looking at those promising young children. You think you're up to the task with those grades?"

"He's a good student!" Lemma defends Lawrence from the words of his father.

"Lemma Pumping, was it? Who knew a slum rat like you would compare to the likes of my son..."

"Who are you calling a slum rat! Old man!" Sophia steps in. 

"Sophia Feliciano... as the daughter of the current Secretary of the Department of Science and Technology, I understand you, a Filipino-American immigrant from a quite prosperous family. Although, you should discipline your child."

"S-sorry for the insolence my daughter, Mr. Zy!" It was Sophia's mother. "She's a bit cheeky lately."

"Mom!"

"That's the owner of Zy malls! He took his time to attend despite his busy schedule!"

"I don't care about some malls!"

"Typical children. Oh?" Horace saw something that caught his attention.

"I see... Maybe it's your genes that made you smart... those blue eyes... reminds me of......summer." 

"!" Lemma slightly panicked. "Did he find out?!"

"Bwahahaha! Typical slum rat, descended from children of westerners who paid for sex." It was a rampant problem in third-world countries, where women were left pregnant from the foreigners who were seeking some pleasure in their life. Horace thought that that was why Lemma had those eyes.

"Terrifying. So this is what made Dad so angry..." Lemma thought to himself.

"I wish I could've seen your dad instead of this rude guy, Lemma."

"Sorry, he really can't." There is still a chance that Horace will recognize Carlo, so Ila was the one who attended.

"Well at least we know why he kept calling you slum rat on the first day."

"Everyone, say cheese."

That was the first time the three of them were together in the public eye. 

4