Chapter 6: Who says you can never be… pretty?
6.4k 27 156
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Book 1, Volume 1

Chapter 6

On the top floor of the Goddess Lokaini Entertainment building, in the extravagantly decorated executive office, stood a breathtaking woman looking out the wall-sized window overlooking the front of the building. Her gold eyes taking in the scene below as she gently tapped the victorian parasol on the soft plush carpet beneath her feet.

Gentle mirthful laughter filled the office air, a playful smile lighting up her divinely beautiful face. “So you think I'm narcissistic, do you?” Her eyes focusing on a muddy brown-haired boy below.

Standing inside the office, on either side of the rich luxurious oversized door were two attractive girls. They were both dressed in silk Miko shrine maiden clothes of purple, gold, and white. One of the girls had silvery blue bunny ears on top of her head and a fluffy bunny tail while the other girl had golden fox ears on top of her head and a fluffy foxtail.

They both looked at each other knowingly, with playful eyes, when they heard their divine mistress' words. “Silly mortal, daring to utter such nonsense about our Goddess...” the fox girl muttered quietly.

“It appears our Goddess has found a new toy to play with.” The bunny girl happily whispered to the fox girl.

“I can hardly wait to see what wonderful game she has up her sleeve for this mortal this time.” The fox girl cheerfully said.

The otherworldly beautiful woman's smile never left her face as she continued to watch the boy and his two friends below.

Her right hand continued to use the purple and gold parasol as a cane, softly tapping the carpeted floor. While in her left hand she played with a golden pair of many-sided dice: One of the dice had images of different colored chess pieces and the other dice had numbers.

She continued watching the scene below, her body slightly twirling side to side, as her beautiful victorian inspired dress gently swished to and fro. Her gold eyes shined the moment the boy abruptly stopped talking and froze. She focused in on him.

“Pretty... can never be... who says you can never be... pretty? Surely not I.” She said with an infectious laugh. The laughter that was joined in by her two Miko beastkin girls. “Pretty, pretty, pretty, oh so pretty. Wish GRANTED! And you say I'm the narcissistic one... pfft.”

She watched as Michael walked back to his family and then watched their happy little group enter the building. An ever-growing smile in her heart.

“Good, good. Red Bishop, Suite 311. A group of pretty girls, a signed video streaming contract. Good for them, and good for business! Since that's the case, then let's help them all out. Give each of them 'unique' little gifts that will attract a viewing audience. And a very special 'unique' gift for Michael.”

She stepped back from the window and looked towards the wall on her left that was covered with dozens of large flat-screen monitors. Some were showing the people outside, while most were lit with videos of the people already inside the game. She looked at the dice in her left hand, walked up to the desk, and rolled the dice.

“Red Bishop, 311”

“Anari.” She called out while looking at the results of her dice roll.

Electric light flashed in the office and a bluish ethereal hologram of a fox woman dressed as a victorian inspired circus ringleader appeared on the other side of the desk. “How may I help you, Mother?”

“Daughter, I would like you to give some gifts out for me. Here's what I'd like you to give...” Joyful laughter filled the office as she started telling Anari the details of each gift. “I hope you enjoy the gift Michael, I know I will.”

Meanwhile, somewhere in the building below...

“Ah... Ah... Achoo!”

“Bless you, Michael.”

“Thanks, mom.”

156