Chapter 33: It’ll Turn Into a Ballr…Umm…Battle Royale!
3.9k 28 112
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Book 1, Volume 4

Chapter 33

The cute little moon girl's back was turned, then like a graceful butterfly ballerina, she performed a beautiful whirlwind SnapDragon Kick at the jumping spidolls. Her leg shimmered appearing as a fierce fragrant floral SnapDragon...

WHAM!

The SnapDragon head-butted the soft plushy bodies of the spidolls, the impacts of the kick sent them all flying away; “Holy sh...eese cake, that worked!” Wylla said staring with a wide-eyed 'pokan' face for a moment, then turned and ran as two of the spidolls tumbled in a series of thwumps towards the cage holding a pair of lively Serpris making the silvery-white Moon Serpris and the golden-red Sun Serpris hiss and coil in anticipation.

KLANK!

The cage holding the pair of Serpris rattled as the spidolls slammed into it. Not missing the opportunity, both Serpris beasties struck in a flash, biting into the flesh of both spidolls legs which were sprawled inside the cage through the wooden bars.

SKREE!

The spidolls cried out as the poison flowed up into their bodies towards their hearts sending cold chills and fiery heat along the way.

The two trailing Kavis gulped after seeing the little moon girl's powerful spinning kick which sent their spidoll pets flying. Slowing their approach they gripped their shaky weapons and warily shuffled forward towards this little wolf in sheep clothing butterfly girl that was now near the Serpris cage with her back turned to them.

Ah, now was the time to strike but it seemed easy... too easy! Was this some type of clever trap that would send them tumbling into the same fate as the two poisoned spidolls?

As for the liquidy Briar Bloodrose Curse spider, it held no such notions as it caught up to the group and jumped onto the shoulder of one of the Kavi protectors causing him to scream in fright (Yieek!) and stumble forward. The malevolent spidery curse then launched itself, unseen, at the little moon girl's back who was in the middle of a downward rod swing.

Mere moments before the spidery curse made its jump, Wylla took a sudden hop back as a new Kavi foe jumped down from above into her path. Wylla's silvery moon eyes glanced up, noticing hanging evergreen Serpenvines swaying to and fro... As well as more 8 legged shadowy figures scuttling down.

Hmm, they're Trazan'ing their way down and looking to block my way to the cages! Knowing she had no time to waste, Wylla lifted her rod and charged at the Kavi blocking her way to the Serpris cage as thumps rained down around her heralding the arrival of a lot more spidolls.

The Kavi's wooden masked face scowled as its body shifted into a defensive stance, determined to stand his ground and stop this cute little butterfly girl from doing whatever it was she planned on doing. The Kavi began to tremble as the little girl's cold silvery moon eyes focused in on him: Ah! She's... she's some kind of butterfly demon girl! The Kavi thought, under the weight of Wylla's silvery moon glare, with shaky hands he lifted his thorny club looking to meet the cold butterfly demon girl's charge.

The Kavi's feet shuffled back kicking up small clouds of dirt as he shifted his dark thorny club to block Wylla's downward rod strike. Just as Wylla's rod was about to slam into the Kavi's club-wielding forearm, (OOF!) Wylla felt a wet bruising impact on the back of her right shoulder, causing her swing to shift as her body stumbled forward, crashing into the Kavi as their arms and bodies slammed into each other.

The frightened Kavi was sent tumbling to the ground to her side bowling over a pair of spidolls that were about to make their jumping attacks, becoming entangled with one another.

“Ouch!” Wylla cried out, slapping her back right shoulder with her left hand as she continued to run towards the nearby Serpris cage. Her body quivered as the liquid spider curse sent waves of cold needle pricks into her flesh as the curse began to tattoo itself onto Wylla's skin.

The Bloodrose flower portion of the curse bit into her shoulder like a long needle nose mosquito making the very spot its home as thorny briar legs coldly and painfully pricked their way down and around Wylla's right arm onto her white-knuckled index finger that was clenching onto the rod.

Wylla, seeing that there was no longer any foes in front of where she was running too, quickly brought her arm up into view as her silvery eyes took a couple of glances at the spreading briar bloodrose tattoo curse.

She tried grabbing and pulling it off of her arm with her left hand but only clutched cold wet skin, her skin. “Not good!... but... I can't do anything about it right now... just focus... focus on the plan and free all the locked-up prisoners!”

She glanced at the three Starblood bars on the upper right corner of her vision taking note that she was now hovering around 70% on her HP and Oryn Energy pools while her Fatigue bar was around 75% full.

The trailing Kavi and spidolls were desperate to stop the cute but deadly little moon girl but a pair of beautiful butterfly wings once again sprouted from her back allowing her to float and flutter away from their attacks as she reached the Serpris cage.

Kavi eyes opened wide and they screamed out “KAVI! KIN NOC TOR! KAVI!” But either the little girl didn't heed their warning or didn't care as she swung her powerful rod down hard on the stone and wood padlock keeping the Serpris cage doors shut.

WHACK!

Thwump. A soft sound filled their ears as the broken padlock hit the ground. HISS! A pair of angry Kavi hating elite Serpris slithered out of the now open cage door charging directly at the nearest group of Kavi and spidolls; Which just so happened to be the ones chasing the little butterfly moon girl.

Wylla, now free from pursuit, hopped over to the next cage as the sound of battles sang out behind her. She looked into the cage, “Now just what might you be?” Wylla's eyes glowed as she looked at the large beast caged within reminding her of a big bean bag chair made of muddy clay, dark barkskin, and plants.

[ The Garlim is a Rank 1, Tier 0, Level 0, Star 4 newly created beast which little is known about. Judging from the bear-shaped wooden mask on the top of its round oversized garden body, I'm guessing that it was originally an Ogen spriggankin which the Witch has turned into a large garden slime type beast... It looks like it would be a fun addition to this lively Battle Royale show you're hosting. ]

Wylla smiled, lifted her rod and swung down as if trying to hit a game-winning home run as the Briar Bloodrose Witch's eyes burned with anger in her direction. The Witch, finally broken free of her tug-of-war with that spiteful Ganglyrot, pointed her staff at Wylla's back like a rifle, uttered some staccato words of power; A small dark red ball of liquid energy shifted and formed into a bloodrose bud bullet with briar tendril tails and shot towards Wylla's back!

Wylla's antennae pulsed causing her to flutter her wings as she shifted her body to the right side of the cage door while completing her hard downward rod swing.

CRACK! The padlock broke and thwumped onto the ground. BOOSHKK! The Miasma Rosebud Bolt crashed into the door, the force causing the door to press in and then open out allowing the Garlim onto the field of battle as the courtyard became even more chaotic!

“Kavi! Akkran Toc Noctin Alu Toren! KAVI!” The Briar Bloodrose Witch screamed rushing towards the undulating Garlim that was heading straight to her hut... where all her precious alchemy ingredients were housed as that cursed little devil of a butterfly moon girl fluttered and floated across the battlefield towards the cages on the other side.

The Witch paused seeing that this darn girl was about to break open even more cages and release even more chaos onto her now rowdy courtyard. She pointed her staff at Wylla once more but then stopped as she heard the sound of breaking wood. (CRACK!)

The Briar Bloodrose Witch looked toward her hut and cursed, wanting to rip Wylla's hair and wings out as the Garlim split the door of her hut open. The Garlim began to creep like a giant slug into the room that held such tasty scents as the Witch, forgetting about that cursed butterfly girl for the moment, rushed in after the hungry Garlim would-be thief.

Looks like the Battle Royale Livestream is now almost under full swing as Wylla's plan is nearing fruition... but now is not the time to celebrate for there are more cages to bust open! As more and more Kavi and Spidolls are streaming into the battlefield looking to put an end to her antics. Coming up next Chapter 34: Setting the Spriggankin Free

Wishing Everyone a Happy and Safe Halloween!

Edited to Add this Side Note: I just wanted to clarify the two following items that were thankfully brought to my attention in the comment section below since I hadn't explained/described them properly in the story. Once I'm done writing the story I plan to go over it again to edit/revise/rewrite it so that it will read and flow better:

[ Bloodthorn Claws are sharp hooked thorn claws that are a dark blood-red hue. When used to slash at a living foe there is a chance for the Bloodthorn Claws to drink the blood of its target providing a small heal to the Ganglyrot. ]

[ The Briar Bloodrose is a unique and beautiful looking flower that carries a sweet scent with a hint of blood. The Bloodrose flower is named such because of the wetness on its petals which combined with its blood hued color gives it the appearance of a bleeding rose. These Bloodroses grow on dark evergreen branching vines. Small clusters of unruly tendrils with long needle-like thorns spill out from beneath the Bloodrose giving the flower the appearance of having spidery legs. The Briar Bloodrose does drink the blood of those cut by its thorny defense helping it to stay healthy. ]

112