Chapter 1: All Have Blackened?! (1)
1.9k 12 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

!!!WARNING: Before continuing on reading the novel please be aware that this novel contains male yandere, dub/non-con, confinement, drugs, and suicide. More warning would be put up before the start of the chapter when new sensitive tags emerge. So please, if you are sensitive or uncomfortable with the mentioned tags above, please stop reading this novel.

But hey, if you don't mind such tags, then please enjoy the ride! Don't hesitate to correct me if I commit any mistakes as this is my first ever properly written novel. Thank you for taking your time on reading this <3

[100%. World Completed.]

System 999: [Host, You have completed all the worlds. Transmitting soul to the real world…]

Finally, I can go back to the real world and get to enjoy my retirement rewards. I would also finally meet 'him' again.

[Error. Soul transmit has been canceled. Transferring soul back to the first world…]

What?!

Kiera was flabbergasted by the system prompt that appeared on her face. She confronted her system; 999 about the audacious news.

"Elly, what do you mean canceled? What about the beautiful rewards awaiting me? Why do I have to go back to the first world I've been through?!"

Keira calls her system 999 Elly for she once bestowed this name upon 999 when they were in the first world.

System 999, was still a relatively new system that had just been added when she was paired with Keira. Her rookie actions reminded Keira about her kitten left in her old world. The kitten would be clueless about everything and act dumb all the time yet still remain adorable, just like her current System 999.

Keira died one day due to unfortunate events. She was offered a system called system 999 and was given a proposal; if she manages to complete the tasks assigned to her in 7 worlds the main system would save her life. Now her body is in a comatose state. Time passes differently in the real world and in the different worlds she travels into. When she completes the 7 world tasks, not much time would pass in her real world. Of course Keira agreed because she was not willing to die just like that when she has someone waiting for her at home.

Now they are telling her that an error occurred?!

Before Elly could reply, Keira was hit with a wave of vertigo as her consciousness blackened, similar to what she experiences every time she transfers worlds.

[Transmission completed.]

Keira woke up but was greeted with an aching body.

'Fuck, why does my body feel so sore as if I ran a 5 miles marathon.' Keira forced her aching body up and inspected her surroundings.

Everything was dirty. She was in a dark alleyway in a hidden position. Her clothes were ragged and were barely covering her body for warmth. Keira just noticed that she was holding a loaf of bread in her small arms that were surprisingly soft yet it was bony and covered in dirt. She was hugging the bread as if her life depended on it.

Keira stared at the loaf in her arms and her stomach grumbled. She was terribly hungry. However, before she could take a bite of the food in her arms, she heard loud voices outside the alleyway.

"She's bound to be here somewhere!" A guy's voice rang out on the road.

"That disgusting thief! She dared steal bread from my bakery again!" Another voice appeared as Keira listened in.

Keira was able to make out of her situation with the way she was hiding in an alleyway and her arms desperately hugging the loaf of bread. She appears to have stolen this loaf of bread, rather the previous owner of this body stole this bread from the man pursuing her and was hiding from him.

Keira looked at her pitiful body. Her body seems to be quite malnourished and it seems that the original owner died due to hunger before she could even eat the bread. It was truly pitiful. But a big question aroused her mind.

What was she doing in a peasant's body?!

"System 999!" Keira didn't even bother calling the pet name she had given her and instead used her full name due to anger and indignation toward the system.

No answer.

"System 999, come out right now! I swear I will not kill you but will just beat you to death!" Keira shouted again in her mind where the system and her usually communicate, yet only silence received her.

"System?" Still no answer.

Just what exactly happened? She was brought back to her first world and in a different body. She has no clue what her next goal is. She didn't even know why she was transferred in the first place!

Keira felt extremely wronged by the system. Just when she was about to return to her original world, she was then pulled back to the first world! How ridiculous is this! She can't even contact Elly right now.

"Anyways, I should solve my hunger issue first." Keira said to herself as she bit down the hard bread in her hands. She munched down the now dirtied bread to relieve her grumbling stomach.

After finishing the bread, she still felt hungry but she knew she couldn't do anything at the moment. Subsequently checking the street was clear from the two pursuers, Keira strolled right out the streets but still being wary.

Keira watched the bustling street, the street vendors, and the buildings that stood behind them. As she surveyed the area, in regards to her memories, she should be in the heart of the Angulus Kingdom; the kingdom where she resided in the past.

When she was transported to this world in the past, everything was in disarray. Darkness prevailed in the world as the demons emerged from the grounds and created havoc along their paths. The dark and the light fought countless wars resulting in many losses on both sides. The greatest warrior who contributed a lot during the wars was Aster.

Aster was the crown prince of the Angulus Kingdom and the person who has the most divine aura ever in history. But even with this, it was not enough to eradicate darkness… that was until Keira was brought into this world.

Keira's role was to be the Saintess that would aid the sun of the Angulus Kingdom, Aster, during their fights. Her mission was to earn the people's trust and receive the love of the male lead Aster. Unfortunately, Keira's last mission was to wipe out darkness from this world and this mission cost her life. She died during the final war of the Light and Darkness in front of Aster. Keira sacrificed her life to once and for all extinguished darkness.

Although the world contained magic and such, it was still considered an easy world, for Keira was already powerful and her task was easy to do. She simply needs to curry favor with the male lead and save the world using her already provided Light powers by the system.

After completing her mission, Keira was told by System 999 that after she died, Aster became King and peace reigned over the world. Keira didn't bother asking any other questions to System 999 for everything was beautifully concluded— is what Keira thought.

Little did she know the moment she left each world, the blackening bar reached 100%1'Blackened' in Chinese novels usually refers to characters who are 'black belly'. "Black belly"/ 腹黑(fu hei). The literal meaning is 'stomach black' and it is used in Chinese novels to describe someone who is secretly quite evil/sly/manipulative because you will only know that the person is black belly after being eaten up.  .

System 999 also didn't bother informing its Host, for it had thought that they wouldn't go back to these worlds again.

As Keira continued to stroll the streets, she noticed the lively atmosphere. There were banners everywhere and decorations plastered all over the place. There seems to be a celebration going on today. People were smiling in every corner of the streets, even the peasants were all happily playing on the side of the streets.

Blue roses filled the streets that lead to the plaza. She was delighted to see an abundant amount of blue roses. This was Keira's favorite, for the blue roses were unique and could only be naturally found in this world. Although it is not a rare flower, it is still beautiful to look at.

As Keira reached the center of the plaza, she saw a huge statue of… Herself?! No no, to be precise it was the statue of her previous self in this world.

Keira cringed as she looked at the statue. The statue was crafted with great mastery. The details were very intricate and the proportions were well defined. She could say to herself that it truly caught her previous body's look.

Keira nodded in satisfaction. Wait no, why am I pleased with a huge statue of myself? This is simply embarrassing.

Keira immediately covered her face with her palms but then saw a glimpse of a familiar silhouette in the corner of her eye.

Aster?!

She could never mistake the male lead for anyone else, thus she was sure this was Aster.

Instinctively, Keira ran to cover herself from Aster. She hid in a corner of a building still peeking at the male lead. Keira thought to herself,

'How could I meet the male lead the moment I returned? Do I have bad luck?'

Aster was wearing a hooded robe but Keira was still sure this was the male lead. Aster peered at the statue in front of him with melancholy in his eyes. Keira remembered the abrupt way she left this world. That must have truly hurt the male lead; to watch the love of your life sacrifice her life right in front of you. Truly a pitiful male lead. Keira silently expressed her sorry to the male lead in her mind.

After a few minutes had passed, the male still was not moving from his spot. Keira thought,

'What was his problem? Hasn't he gotten tired from staring at a statue for how long? My neck would sure ache after looking at something so huge'

A ding suddenly rang out in Keira's head.

[System 999 is online.]

System! Her beloved system is back! Immediately, Keira reached out to 999.

Keira: [Elly, where have you been?]

System 999: [Host! I missed you T_T]

Keira: [What happened? Why am I suddenly pulled back to this world?]

System 999: [I.. also don't know Host. There seems to be a problem in the main system. I couldn't transfer your soul for some reason.]

Keira: [How could there be a problem in the main system? Hadn't our travels so far been flawless? Why could it encounter a problem right now at this very important moment?! I'm sending a negative review to the main system.]

System 999: [I tried contacting the main system but they just responded back that a bug has appeared.]

Keira: [A bug? What am I supposed to do now? How could I go back to my original world if I'm stuck here?]

System 999: [The main system had given me information on how we can travel back to your original world, but in order to do that, we need to…] 999 was very reluctant to tell its Host for it was sure that it would beat this poor system.

Keira sensed the reluctance in system 999's tone. Therefore, she became nervous and asked system 999 to continue. System 999 gulped even though it didn't have any mouth and said to its Host.

System 999: [That is… to go through the different worlds again.]

Keira wanted to vomit blood from the dog shit info. System 999 continued explaining before her Host would wack this system out of existence,

System 999: [Because the worlds interconnect, the only way we can go back to your original world is by going through the same path again.]

Keira: [So you're telling me, I have to go to each world again and repeat the missions?!]

Keira felt like she would be able to destroy buildings with her fury at the ridiculous words her system was giving.

System 999 wanted to hide back to the main system as it was terrified by its Host but still steeled itself and answered its Host.

System 999: [There is no need to go through the missions again Host. You just have to find the Manpasikjeok.]

System 999's Host showed a very confused face.

Keira: [Mapa what now? Mapajoke?]

System 999 didn't bother to correct its Host anymore for the system thought it would be meaningless.

System 999: [The legend of Manpasikjeok narrates the story of a magical bamboo pipe, which King Sinmun of Silla acquired from a dragon from the sea. It is said that whoever obtains the flute and plays it will receive a great treasure or divine being as a gift. Although it is said to be a legend to the people, it is indeed true and can be found in this world Host!]

Keira: [So where is Mapajoke located?]

System 999: [It now resides in the place where you once died.]

Keira: [It's in Berrick Valley then, where the final war happened. But that place should have been wiped clean after the war right? How could that thing still remain there yet continue to be undetected by the light forces?]

System 999: [The darkness army kept that flute as their trump card but who would have thought that a single human could wipe out their entire race in the face of this world? So when the demons died, the flute sealed itself during your 'purging'.]

Keira nodded at System 999's explanation. Now she has an objective, she's finally not at loss. With the destination in mind, Keira thought it would be wise to find information regarding the current state of that place first.

While Keira was still absorbed in her own thoughts, a deep yet friendly voice sounded in front of her.

"Excuse me miss?"

"Huh?" A man's voice pulled Keira back to reality.

18