Chapter 25: Pleasant Rest (1)
434 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Slowly opening her eyes, Keira felt that her sleep was quite pleasant although it was somehow forced, light was already seeping through the windows illuminating the room. Keira was still in the same spot in Aster's room, that was on his bed where she was pinned by Aster last night.

Still feeling groggy, Keira didn't forget her original purpose of coming to Aster's bedroom. She swiftly shifted her body and opened the drawer by the bed.

As expected, the Manpasikjeok was nowhere to be found.

Keira can't help but let a sigh escape her lips. She knew that the flute wouldn't be in the same place as it had been yesterday, but it wouldn't hurt to check just in case the male lead would be too stupid to leave it be.

Keira: [Where did the male lead put the Mapajoke?]

System 999: [I also don't know Host, but I did see him yesterday as he tried to break the Manpasikjeok into pieces after he put you to sleep. I also saw him fail miserably at destroying the flute and I never saw the male lead look so scary before. Thus he proceeded to leave the room taking the flute with him.]

Keira: [Of course he would fail. How could the Mapajoke remain intact after the war if not for its durability? But why didn't you follow him?]

System 999: [I cannot part with you Host without your consent, so I could only tearfully look at the male lead as he brought it away.]

Seeing her Elly was being dramatic again, Keira didn't bother to continue talking with her system.

Just as Keira was about to stand and look for possible exits, the door opened and Aster entered carrying breakfast with him. He smiled at Keira like yesterday's event didn't even happen. Aster settled the breakfast on the table in the room.

"Get out of bed and let's have breakfast. It's nearing lunch already." His usual smile is still plastered on his face making Keira uncomfortable but she still did as he asked. Keira could not resist the delicacies right in front of her.

While having breakfast, Aster never brought up the topic regarding yesterday so Keira decided to bring it up, that is after breakfast of course. Still conscious of the male lead, Keira diligently ate her food.

After finishing, Keira finally addresses the pressing matters that Aster insistently pretended to be oblivious about. Not even bothering to be circuitous about it, Keira decided to be blunt and direct.

Keira raised her head and asked Aster, "Where is the Manpasikjeok?"

Aster falters for a moment before he retains his usual amiable smile. He looks at Keira's finished plates and stated, "It seems you have finished. I'll take this out."

He got up from his seat and proceeded to pick up the empty plates and utensils. Aster began walking out towards the door.

'Did he just mute me out?!' Keira was dumbfounded.

"W-wait!" Keira scrambled out of her seat. Aster looked back and replied with a 'hmm?'

"What do you mean 'hmm?'?! Where have you put the Manpasikjeok? Don't you dare pretend to be ignorant of yesterday's events nor pretend to not hear me."

Aster's smile didn't even disappear as he continued to stare at Keira's baffled expression. Then just like that, he left the room carrying with him the finished plates.

Keira watched as the door closed. Subsequently, a clicking sound could be heard. She could not believe Aster's actions so she could help but dumbly stand in the middle of the room watching the closed door.

Keira: [Did you see that just now Elly?]

System 999: [Yes I did Host. (・∀・)]

Keira: [The audacity of this male lead!]

System 999 determined that it would be best if it would not respond because its Host would only begin a long session of cussing.

Slapping herself out of her trance, Keira went towards the door to try and follow the male lead to smack his smile off his stupidly handsome face. However, when Keira tried to twist the knob open, it was not budging.

She continued to twist the knob back and forth in an attempt to open it but to no avail. Keira tried to pry open the windows but even that was unsuccessful. She tried to smash the window open but it would not break no matter how much Keira tried to smack it with a chair, it was like made with bulletproof glass.

"That bastard locked me in."

Not long after, Aster returned with a pile of papers in his hands. Keira only glanced at Aster before casting her gaze away. She was sullen about the whole ordeal.

Aster saw this, and his smile deepened. He then called out a trusted subordinate to bring the remaining paperwork to his bedroom. The person left the room and returned with the paperworks Aster asked for. The subordinate respectfully bowed and left the room.

Aster sat in his chair where a large table stacked with papers resided. He began doing his work. Keira who watched all this migration happen was dumbfounded.

It appears that the male lead plans on doing his royal duties inside his bedroom. He transferred all the necessary things so he could stay where he could see Keira. Only when he could keep her in his eyesight at all times is when he would feel at ease.

Keira would try to bring up the topic when she could get the chance to but Aster would either pretend he didn't hear anything or would filter out the things regarding the Manpasikjeok. This frustrated Keira a lot but Aster would not budge whatever approach Keira would use.

So she is trying a different method now and that is staring at the male lead until he gets super uncomfortable and finally takes notice of Keira. However, this method only made Aster extremely ecstatic to be stared at by his Keira.

During meal times, instead of Aster going out and bringing the food to the room, a servant would bring the meal, not giving Keira any leeway to escape the room. By this point, Keira was getting immuned by Aster's blinding smile as that man would not stop smiling at Keira every time he filtered out Keira's words. 

7