Chapter 50: So Close (1)
219 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Keira: [It would be cool if I were able to shoot lasers with my eyes, just like superman.]

System 999 thought that its Host became foolish after being knocked unconscious and slapped twice across the face.

“What the fuck are you talking about!” Rick was furious at Keira’s remark, thinking that she was making fun of him.

Keira put both of her hands on her waist and made like a proud superhero post, “And as superman, it is my duty to beat up—I mean to eliminate all evil!”

After Keira said uttered those words, Keira landed a slap on Rick’s face. Rick got launched to the side of the room. Keira leisurely walked towards Rick. Rick was still dizzy from the slap when Keira slap his other cheek, flinging him to the opposite side of the room.

From that, Rick lost all consciousness, but Keira still didn’t spare Rick. She stepped on his lower region which caused Rick to snap awake and yelp.

“That’s what you get for harassing those girls and causing this body’s owner to suicide, you fucking prick!”

With one last punch, Keira had driven Rick close to death’s door.

Keira stood up and looked at the mess in the room, “Phew, playing superhero sure is fun!”

System 999 thought that it shouldn’t provoke the Host in the future ever!

Keira murmured under her breath, “Now, I just have to head to the temple in the north.”

In the corner of her eye, Keira saw Rick’s hand twitched when she uttered those words. She could still continue to beat him up, but she was scared that one more punch would directly let Rick meet death face to face. She was no killer after all, and she had no time to spare anyways.

Keira tore the door opened and began to run outside. When she reached the outdoors, the sun was already shining—It was morning.

It’s time for the Master to arrive in A City.

Keira: [Has the Master finally arrived?]

System 999: [Yes Host! And he seems to be heading to… the temple?]

Keira: [Which temple?]

System 999: [The temple on the northern side of A City that is secluded from the city.]

Keira: [I do not know what temple you are talking about for I do not live here but lead the way!]

System 999 gave the directions as Keira made a run towards the temple. The temple was a good distance away from the city, but with the help of the buff, Keira bolted through the streets. Keira ran as fast as she could to not bump into Ezekiel.

Keira ran up the hill. She was already panting as the buff had already worn off some time ago. She cursed under her breath for the ridiculous amount of walking she had to do to climb the stupid hill. The figure of the temple became bigger and bigger with each step Keira take, giving her the motivation the forget the pain in her shaking legs.

Finally, she was up top. The entrance to the temple was right in front of her. The place was quiet and there weren’t even any people visiting or sweeping the temple. She could conclude that this temple lacked followers or wasn’t just time for opening yet. If it weren’t for the system’s confirmation that the Master was in the temple, Keira would have believed that this temple was abandoned.

Catching her breath, Keira felt excitement crawling her stomach. She didn’t think that the second world would be this easy to escape. But Keira knew—if she were to get caught again by Ezekiel there would be no hope of escape. So she could not just remain standing in front of the temple and actually meet this damn Master already!

Just as Keira took a step forward, System 999 cried out her name once again in alarm. Keira didn’t have the buff of the system anymore, so whatever was coming she could not avoid.

Bang. Keira felt a stabbing pain in her abdomen. She cursed the system in her mind for always being so late in alerting her whatever it is, be it the male lead coming or other factors.

When Ezekiel arrived at the scene that Keira left earlier, he indifferently looked at Rick’s unconscious body. He looked at the phone that Rick was clutching tightly in his hand. It appears that he contacted someone right before completely passing out. Ezekiel didn’t care to find the details and just wanted to track Keira down but seeing Rick’s badly beat-up body aroused a thought in his mind.

“Drag his body out to the warehouse.”

His subordinates instantly knew what their boss was referring so they immediately acted and dragged his body out. Ezekiel got out of the house that once held Keira captive. His phone vibrated in his pocket and he reached out for it. A message arrived from his subordinate that they managed to track Keira and that she was heading towards the temple on the north.

‘Why are heading to the temple Keira? Is the way out of this place found in there?’

Ezekiel's eyes dimmed and straightaway went to his car. The car sped to the direction of the temple.

Keira looked in the direction where the sound came from, Stella was standing there holding the gun with her both hands.

‘This mother fucker! What kind of dog blood drama is this?! Why pull me in your play when I’m just an innocent bystander!’

The amount of dog blood present in this world literally made Keira cough up blood. Maybe it was due to the hole in her stomach but not like any of that matters now. She still needs to see that Master, she can’t stop her just due to some ‘inconveniences’. She doesn’t even know how Stella appeared, but she knows time was running out! Ezekiel was bound to catch up to her at this rate!

System 999: [Are you okay Host?]

Keira: [Does it look like I’m okay? :) ]

System 999: [But I already activated the pain shield?]

Keira: [Do you think this is about the pain?]

System 999 decided to shut up as it could feel that its Host is really angry at this time.

Keira didn’t mind the wound on her stomach and continued to stagger toward the temple with her hand on her stomach. The system had already activated the pain shield and the system didn’t alarm her that any of her important organs were damaged, so she was still okay for the time being. Other than discomfort in her body and a bit of pain, she was fine.

“Stop!” Stella called out but Keira turned deaf ears to Stella’s annoying voice. Keira thought, ‘how could Ezekiel use her as a replacement for me when she is this annoying and persistent?’

“I told you to stop!” Keira was already so close to exiting this world, no way in hell was she going to stop for some dog blood drama.

“H—how are you still standing?” Stella’s voice quivered.

Stella brought up the gun and pointed it in Keira’s direction again. Keira who saw Stella’s movement in her peripherals was amazed at her boldness to dare and try to commit murder in broad daylight. Nonetheless, Keira decided to continue limping her way to the temple, pressing down her wound. She believed that the almighty Master would surely have a way to save her ass once she reaches him.

“Fucking stop or I’ll pull this trigger again and again until you’re fucking dead.”

Keira was extremely pissed. She angrily faced Stella and asked, “What the hell do you want?”

Stella replied with a smug face, “You’re fucking Keira, aren’t you?!”

Keira scoffed and intensely glared at Stella, “So what if I am?”

“You—! How did you come back?”

“What is the state of mind are you to believe that I actually resurrected from the bloodied corpse you killed last time!”

“So you do remember me killing you and you… are actually Keira!”

Keira only sighed. She believed that Stella must have already lost her mind after all these years she was gone.

‘I mean, would a normal person even dare shoot a person and at broad daylight at that?’

Maybe that’s why Ezekiel and Stella got back together because they both had lost it. Not like this mattered to her.

Stella remarked, “If you didn’t come back to Ezekiel’s side, then we would not have thrown me aside the second time! Maybe if I kill you again, then Ezekiel would continue to love me.”

Keira could feel her head hurting already. She didn't want to be part of this dog blood drama. She didn’t care how Stella came up with that conclusion. She could feel the cliche lines of the villains were coming, where they explain how they come up with everything, their motives, and all those cliches. So to avoid listening to her blabber Keira continued walking.

Bang.

Stella shot again, hitting Keira on her right shoulder. Keira almost stumbled down from the impact. She cursed and groaned in pain.

We would find out more about the situation and relationship between Ezekiel and Stella in Arc 2 Extra. Really looking forward to that!

Thank you so much for your support!

6