Chapter 51: So Close (2)
247 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Keira: [It still 30% hurts! I can't believe she shot me the second time!]

System 999: [I could see from Stella’s expression Host that she will shoot again for the third time if you don't pay attention to her.]

Keira: [I can't. Even if I want to, I don't have time. The male lead is coming.]

Keira looked down at her bloodied figure and reckoned that her body would not last long at this point. She felt so weak all over her breaths were getting ragged.

Keira: [Give me a buff so my body won’t instantly collapse! Quickly!]

System 999: [Yes Host!]

[Body rejuvenating buff - Allows users to feel revitalized even if their body is covered in thorns that penetrated their skin! Lasts for 20 minutes.]

[200 experience points have been deducted from your account.]

[Current Balance: 12,499]

‘What the hell is with that item description?’

She instantly felt lighter. The weakness was still there, but it was a lot better. All she needs to do now is to meet the Master.

Just as Keira was about to run away from the scene, a black car rolled and stopped in front of the temple. The car door opened in the backseat and there emerged the dreaded male lead with his still formal clothes and trench coat. His expression was grim and his ambiance exudes hotness and coolness at the same time yet blood thirst was evident on his face.

System 999: [Uh oh, The male lead is here Host! QAQ]

Ezekiel looked at the bloodied figure of Keira and instantly, the whole area was covered in cold air. Keira was sure that she saw something snap in Ezekiel, but there was no chance she would stay here and find out exactly what snapped.

Stella who was holding a gun quivered upon seeing Ezekiel, "Ezekiel I—"

Keira could feel the imminent danger approaching so she started to dash, not minding her wounds since she didn't feel that much pain anyways from the system shield and the rejuvenating buff.

'Maybe the Master could save me at this moment! Surely he must have heard the commotion outside!'

But before she could even take a step in the quiet temple, Ezekiel’s arms had already reached her and engulfed her small body.

Keira was already weak from the blood loss. Even with the system shield and buff, her wounds still continued to trickle down warm blood and painfully throbbed. The system shield could not block 100% of the pain because if she used 100% pain shield, all her senses would become numb. So it is usually not recommended unless the situation calls for it like the host gets tortured or is in unbearable pain.

“Keira…” Ezekiel whispered to Keira’s ears. Her ears were already ringing at this point from all the blood that she had shed. Even if her ears weren’t ringing, she wouldn’t be able to hear Ezekiel’s voice as her focus was on the place in front of her.

She tried to struggle free from Ezekiel’s grasp but her strength was greatly depleted from the wounds on her body.

Keira: [Why… is the buff… not working?]

System 999: [It only temporarily makes your body light to the extent you can move it freely, but if your body continues to deteriorate to the point it could not hold on then I’m afraid…]

Keira could not properly hear the system at this point from the muddledness her head was feeling.

Keira continued to move and struggle even if she was feeling light-headed, causing more blood to flow out. She didn't want to give up when the temple was right in front of her. Ezekiel only continued to hold her in place as Keira continued to squirm in his embrace.

‘No—! I’m… this close!’

Seeing the blood that drenched Keira’s body, Ezekiel's eyes furrowed and he lifted her up as he saw the graveness in her condition.

Keira wanted to continue to struggle but found out that her body had already lost the majority of its strength. She could only allow her body to be carried by Ezekiel.

Ezekiel looked down at Keira who still had her eyes on the temple in front of them. The blood on her face and the cold beads of sweat were merging together. He could see her eyes which were covered in tenacity slowly start to lose focus as her consciousness starts fading. Then, he started walking toward the car, without even uttering a single word.

Panic washed over her when she saw the temple moving further away from her with every step Ezekiel took.

Keira gripped his clothes with her remaining strength, “L—Let me… go…”

Ezekiel didn’t listen and continued walking whilst being careful not to move her injured body too much. Her eyes grew heavier and heavier as each second passed by.

‘I… can’t…fall asleep…’

Keira tried to fight the sleepiness away but her body won’t listen to her mind. Her vision had already begun to darken. Her body limped and the hand that was clutching Ezekie’s clothes fell to the side.

The last thing she saw before her eyes closed was the blurry sight of the temple.

She could not even hear Stella’s annoying voice in the background. She did not even know if they had already reached the car. All she could feel now was someone’s hand gently caressing her hair. It was like encouraging her to let herself fall asleep and rest. Keira didn’t want that, but her body could not hold on anymore and the darkness finally overtook her…

Just as what Keira expected, the Master was indeed aware of the situation that was happening outside the temple. As a matter of fact, the Master has been looking at the situation with great interest from the moment the Master heard the gunshot from the temple, using its own ability to grasp the situation outside from the inside.

What really caught the Master's attention was the unique aura that Keira carried. It was something the Master had never encountered before, it was an aura of a person—who does not belong in this world.

A grin appeared on the Mater’s face. The Master had been studying the mystics arts and had just dabbled on the subject of transmigration. There were already records of people traveling to other worlds but from what the Master knew, they had to fit certain criteria in order to have the ability to travel across universes.

The Master had no knowledge about the system so naturally would not know the system's standards in choosing their Host. Even Keira and her System 999 had no idea how the main system works.

Then when Ezekiel appeared on the field, The Master’s eyes grew wider. The Master couldn’t believe that a person could actually contain two souls?! No—it was more than that, but the Master could not pinpoint what exactly was going on with the two combined souls.

Now the Master was greatly interested in the two people. The Master saw that the man and woman who had odd souls in their bodies even seems to have a special relationship based on their actions.

When Ezekiel brought Keira to the car, The Master decided to withdraw its ‘eyes’ that were peering at them from the temple, but before the Master could fully deactivate its ability, the Master felt the man who it was looking at, was directly looking in the direction where the Master was viewing at.

‘Must be my imagination right?’

Nonetheless, this interest of the Master was piqued, so the Master decided to follow the unique souls and examine them personally. 

As you can see, this world is vastly different from our modern world. So please don’t be shocked when other elements are shown in this world.

Btw, love the next chapter title. 

4