Chapter 52: I’m Not Into This Kind of Play, I Swear! (1)
269 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gently fluttering her eyes open, Keira woke up. Her body felt extremely heavy, like the amount of sleep she had was still not efficient to fully recover her energy. Her head felt feverish and her body sored. Glancing up to the ceiling, Keira could tell she was back in the villa.

She was neatly tucked in the bed with her arms outside the quilt. On the back of her left hand connected an IV drip. She was surprised that she woke up in the villa instead of a hospital.

She would have successfully met the Master if Stella was not waiting for her in the temple and destroyed all of her plans in escaping this world before Ezekiel could catch up to her. She just had to be caught up in all this dog-blood drama.

Keira attempted to lift her body up using the pillows behind her as support, but the moment she moved her upper torso resulted in her groaning in pain. She had forgotten that she was wounded in the stomach by that crazy woman, shooting someone in broad daylight without any reservation. Tsk tsk, why not just use a shooting range instead of shooting an innocent person like her, or better yet, just shoot the fucking male lead!

Keira lifted her shirt that she had no recollection of changing into, inspecting the wound on her stomach. The wound on her stomach has already been bandaged neatly and so is the wound on her shoulder. Overexherting herself to run to the temple and getting herself shot two times would explain the tiredness and heaviness her body feels. The system shield is already deactivated, so Keira could now clearly feel the terrible throbbing pain that was attacking her body.

Inspecting the room, Keira saw that nothing had changed. The curtains were drawn to block the sunlight to conceivably give her a comfortable sleep. It looked bright outside. She must have slept through a whole entire day.

Keira wanted to inspect the room some more by carefully moving her body. But as soon as she moved her feet under the sheets—a dangling sound could be heard.

‘No way…’ was the first thought that popped into Keira’s mind.

She immediately pull out the sheets that were covering her lower body. There she saw what she greatly dreaded.

A silver chain was connected to her ankle that seemed to glint from the refraction of the sunlight that managed to seep in. The other end of the chain was securely connected to her bed. The cuffs that held her lower leg had some sort of soft cloth underneath that made it so her skin won’t be irritated if she was to move her foot around.

‘What kind of play is this?!’

Keira leaned over to touch the chain. It felt cool to the touch. When she tried tugging it with her uninjured arm, she could feel the toughness of the material. That’s when Keira knew—She was done for.

Not only was escaping the villa extremely hard, but now that she was stuck in one place, restricted only to move around the room judging from the length of the chain. She could definitely break the chain with the system’s help, but she had already used a lot of experience points when she first escaped this place.

Escaping this place with the double security would surely leave Keira penniless and this was only the second world. She wouldn’t dare imagine what she have to encounter in the next world, or the worlds following after that!

So, the main system wasn’t being generous to her by giving her the 20,000 experience points! In fact, it wasn’t even nearly enough to cover the whole trip back she have to make!

‘Stinky! Stupid main system!’

Keira angrily tugged the chain but forgot her injuries so she once again groaned in pain; pain from her wounds and pain in her indigent heart. Wanting to vent her anger somewhere, Keira pulled up the chain she tugged earlier and proceeded to bite it hard.

While munching on the faultless chain, the door opened. Ezekiel saw the scene of Keira chomping down the chain with her white teeth stiffened. The two looked at each other in a stalemate. Keira with her mouth still wide open slowly lowered the silver chain. Keira wiped the saliva on the chain with the quilt.

Keira wanted to hide at the bottom of the sea and never be seen again. Ezekiel who was wearing a fitting white shirt with loose pants on only helplessly smiled at Keira’s ‘bizarre’ behavior. In fact, he was even amused by the situation.

His hair was now freely draping on his head. Both styles where his hair was pushed back and now still looked great on him. Ezekiel closed the door behind him and approached Keira.

He somberly muttered, “Thank god you’re awake. You were asleep for so long that I had thought you left me again.”

‘Thought I was only asleep for a day.’

“Fortunately there was a hospital just below the hill of the temple.”

Keira wanted to ask ‘Then why am I here?’ but it seemed like Ezekiel had already read her mind.

“Luckily the bullets didn’t manage to hit any vital organs. So after your condition stabilized I brought you back home where you could rest more comfortably.”

‘Rest more comfortably my ass!’

Ezekiel reached out and Keira instinctively leaned back to avoid him.

“Ugh—!”

Keira huddled down and touched the wound on her shoulder. The wound on her was aggrieved by her sudden movements. Red started to dye the white bandage.

“Keira!” Ezekiel quickly supported her.

Keira cursed in her mind. She cursed the main system, the crazy woman, and this male lead in front of her. She wasn’t always this sensitive. She reflected, ‘Maybe my period is coming? No! Impossible, I haven’t had my period since I entered the system. Perhaps, I'm just irked at this unfair situation the main system had put me in.’

Her head was getting hot and she was irritated. Keira pushed Ezekiel away making the scabbed open more. Ezekiel was distressed but Keira showed a relentless look, exclaiming, “Get away from me—cough, cough!”

Her throat was completely dry after not drinking any liquid. Only after speaking did she realize that her throat hurts.

Ezekiel approached her and poured water into a cup from the pitcher that was on the table near the bedside. Ezekiel brought the cup to her lips but Keira swiped the glass off of Ezekiel’s hand. The glass flung and shattered on the floor, spilling its contents.

Ezekiel flinched before his eyes instantly darkened. This time, it was Keira’s turn to recoil back. Ezekiel looked at Keira like a predator looking at its injured prey. If he were to act, now would be the best time to pounce and feed on the pitiful Keira.

Ezekiel harshly grabbed her uninjured arm, causing her to wince in pain from her stomach from the abrupt movement. Now, both her wounds were externally bleeding. Ezekiel brought Keira to his chest and forced her to look up by grabbing her chin. His gaze was dark. Keira could vaguely see the anger and helplessness, and deep obsession present in them.

Keira subconsciously closed her eyes thinking that Ezekiel was going to devour her for real this time. Just when Ezekiel’s lips were about to touch hers, Ezekiel closed his eyes and instead, rested his head on her left shoulder, burying his face deep into the crevice of her neck.

He kissed her defenseless neck and sucked on the pale skin, causing a small conspicuous red spot to form. Only by taking a deep inhalation of her scent did Ezekiel's reason come back. He barely managed to stop himself from directly ravaging Keira while she was badly injured.

Seemingly satisfied with the little snack, Ezekiel gently stroked the red mark he left.

Keira bit her lower lip to stop herself from giving any reaction to Ezekiel’s action, in case she would invoke his madness more. She wanted to resist but she was afraid of provoking him more.

Lesson one from the first world: Do not provoke the bottom line of the male lead, lest she wants the male lead to break all boundaries and cost a major headache for her.

But what she recently learned from the male lead in this world, is that boundaries are still being broken, even if she didn’t provoke his bottom line!

In conclusion—Just don’t provoke the male lead!

 

Thank you so much for your support! I had fun reading the comments. Here’s a small doodle I made of our protagonist munching on some faultless chain. 

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f4a4d5154767250445262425562773d3d2d313235363135353132342e313730666537623932333235333139613835343835393835363733332e6a7067

8