Chapter 54: Female Doctor (1)
228 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Keira abruptly woke up. Her clothes felt uncomfortable as sweat continued to flow like river. Her breathing was heavy like she had a nightmare instead of a dream.

‘I dreamt of Leal after a long time… I dreamt of the first time we met and how my life changed since then.’

Keira lifted her body up and wiped the sweat that was sliding on her forehead. She looked at her now wet hand that was still attached to the IV drip and let her mind wander.

‘Why am I sweating so much when it was supposed to be a good dream? Is this from the fever?’

She could not shake the deep uneasiness Keira felt inside. She convinced herself that this was merely due to the fact that she had not seen Leal in a long time. She knows that time passes differently from her original world and the world she transmigrates to, but after dreaming of Leal again.

She could not help but miss him so much.

Keira huddled herself with the blanket. The chain softly sounded as the sheets moved. She could help but think how unlucky she was to get caught up with some sort of bug the main system had. It was extremely frustrating when the finish line was right in front of you, only to be dragged back from the very beginning.

She had no time to vent the frustration she had been feeling from the very beginning. Not only from the bug that she was unlucky, just from the unfortunate events that transpired in the real world that almost killed her were already ill-fated. Her life before Leal wasn’t even any better. Just thinking of her childhood already enrages her.

The only thing that was lucky in her life was meeting Leal.

But now she was stuck in this room with a chain on her leg. She could leave this room and possibly find the Master and escape the world, but what after? Can she guarantee that this won’t happen in the next world? Can she guarantee that the bug won’t follow her? What would happen then if her experience points get exhausted before she reached the last world? Would she remain stuck in the world with no way out? Maybe the main system would help her but maybe it won’t. But if she were to conclude these thoughts is that—there was no guarantee.

No guarantee in escaping these worlds, no guarantee in returning to her own world, and no guarantee in meeting Leal again. She could not even guarantee if the main system would really allow her to return to her own world or if all this was just a ploy of something by the main system.

Tears were already rolling down her cheeks before she knew it. She buried her head on her knees and let all the frustration out. Even the strong and the brightest persons get tired, and would from time to time need a good crying.

After crying for a good duration and cursing the main system in her head nonstop did Keira slap both her cheeks and wiped the tears that damped her eyes. Her eyes opened with igniting determination.

Now that she was done grieving, she had to snap out from the pessimistic thoughts, and instead of letting this uneasiness overcome her from the uncertainty, she decided to bet on everything she had and win the odds. After all, life is just one big gamble.

“Elly, I need you to—”

Before Keira could finish her sentence, the door opened. She warily looked at the person who opened the door thinking it was just Ezekiel. However, it appears that Ezekiel brought company that Keira had not seen before.

Ezekiel who saw Keira’s puffy eyes marched forward in alarm. He hurriedly asked, “What happened? Are you uncomfortable somewhere?”

“Huh? Oh… Nothing, I just had a nightmare that’s all. More importantly…”

Seeing Keira lean her head and brought her gaze directed to the person behind him, Ezekiel stepped aside and introduced the foreign individual.

“This is the doctor that would take a look at you.”

The person had brown eyes, and brown hair, and was wearing round glasses with hair kept in a neat bun. The person only nodded in response.

Ezekiel continued, “I thought you were still sleeping that was why I brought her in at this time. She’s here to inspect your wounds.”

A female doctor…that was unexpected. Keira didn’t think that Ezekiel would bring anyone inside the room. Well, someone had to professionally look at her, Ezekiel does not belong in the medical field after all.

The doctor who was wearing a clean white lab coat approached her and took the chair from the side that Ezekiel usually used when he feeds her. The doctor took out her bag and quietly rummages through her things and brought out a stethoscope.

The doctor briefly says, “I’ll check your pulse first.”

Keira nodded and allowed the doctor to touch her. The doctor was silent throughout the whole process. Ezekiel was watching like a hawk at both of their movement. Maybe the doctor was afraid of Ezekiel that’s why the doctor was quiet.

When the doctor touched Keira’s bandage, she directly got into contact with her skin. And that’s when System 999 shouted in alarm.

System 999: [Host! It’s the Master!]

Keira: [What?]

System 999: [That woman who is currently unwrapping your gauze is the Master that was in the temple earlier!]

Keira's eyes widened and looked at the woman in alarm. She saw ‘the doctor’ who was dressing her wound was showing a sneaky smile.

“You—Ouch!”

Just when Keira was about to have a slip of tongue, the doctor pressed her wound, causing her to flinch in pain. Ezekiel reacted and immediately got between them. His eyebrows furrowed and he glared at the doctor—no, the Master.

“What are you doing?” Ezekiel sharply asked.

The Master ‘tremble’ and hurriedly replied, “The gauze just got stuck to her wound that’s why it hurt her. I will be careful next time.”

Ezekiel only wrinkled his eyebrows further before asking the Master to continue.

Keira: [Why inform me just now?]

System 999: [The Master skillfully disguised her aura that I didn’t even notice. It seems like I was too low level]

Keira: [I didn’t expect that the Master would be a woman.]

System 999: [I also did not know the gender of the Master beforehand.]

Keira: [You couldn’t even tell that? Tsk tsk, useless system.]

System 999: [I’ll try to be better Host. QAQ]

The Master continued to tend to her wound and not long after a voice resounded in her head.

[[Hello miss.]]

Keira directly looked at the Master’s smiling eyes.

 

Master is here in disguise! 

3