Chapter 55: Female Doctor (2)
221 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Keira was sure that the voice she heard in her head was not her system but instead, this woman in front of her. Keira didn’t show any emotions on her face but was peering closely at the Master.

[[I’m surprised you didn’t get spooked from my voice in your head.]]

Keira wanted to reply that she was used to it.

The Master’s voice sounded different from the crisp and clear voice of System 999. The Master’s voice sounded like her inner voice was talking to her but louder in a sense. The voice pitch was different from her inner voice of course. It was the same voice from when she spoke earlier if you remove the ‘scared’ part.

[[You must be curious about my identity and the reason why I approached you.]]

'‘No, I’m not. I already know who you are.’

The doctor revealed a shocked expression for a split second, before covering it with a blank expression, like she was only focused on bandaging her wounds.

[[Oh? You even know how to connect with my mind.]]

Keira was internally shocked that the doctor managed to hear her thoughts but wanted to make a good impression in front of this person. She manifested her thoughts clearly, like what she do with System 999, and smugly said.

‘I just guessed.’

System 999: ‘Doubt.’

The Master was smiling very lightly that it was barely visible, but Keira could tell the Master was impressed with her.

‘Hehe… Rightfully so.’ Keira thought while being careful that the Master could not hear it.

System 999: [I could still hear you Host…]

Keira: [...]

[[Hoh, then can you tell me the reason why I approached you?]]

‘To help me escape this world.’

[[Hmm… I approached you since I got curious about the nature of your soul.]]

The Master was done with the wound on her shoulder so she removed her hand and grabbed another set of bandages for the wound on her stomach. Keira just looked at the Master and lifted her shirt up for the Master to clean her wound.

When the Master’s hand touched Keira’s skin, the voice resounded again in her head.

[[Just an FYI, I could only speak to you telepathically if we remain in skin-to-skin contact.]]

‘Alright.’

[[To continue our discussion, I came to you because I wanted to see up close the bizarre situation of your soul.]]

‘But will you help me?’

[[Yes, I will help you since I wanted to try and transfer someone’s soul to another world anyway since I can’t transfer my own.]]

With that, Keira let out a sigh of relief. She didn’t have to find the Master now and didn’t have to do anything to convince this Master to help her.

The Master continued to focus intently on her wounds as she was patching Keira up. No, it was safer to say that the Master was looking past her and through the wound, seeing what was inside.

‘What are you planning on doing, keenly looking inside me like that’

[[The more I stare into your soul, the more I get amazed. I could not get to the bottom of it—It’s like peering through an endless sky.]]

‘Should I take that as a compliment?’

[[Yes. Yours and his soul are the most interesting I have ever seen in my whole life.]]

‘What? What do you mean his soul is also unique.’

[[You didn’t know? His body contains one soul yet that soul is in disarray, and it looks like it’s not complete.]]

‘That… Can you further explain?’

[[I could not fully explain it even if I wanted to. Just looking at it myself, I got a harder time analyzing his soul. It’s pure chaos, unlike yours.]]

‘But, what do you mean that his soul is not complete.’

[[As I said, I can’t fully comprehend it as well. It’s like there are two souls residing in one soul, but that shouldn’t be possible. And when I tried to take a good look at this soul to understand it better, the more I was left confused. So I could only conclude that his soul must be unstable and incomplete since two souls can coexist together.]]

Keira’s eyes wavered. Her thoughts were in chaos. The light assumption she built during the first world and now it was being solidified. But Keira still had a lot of questions to form her theory properly.

Just when Keira was about the ask more questions to the Master. Ezekiel broke the two of them apart. The Master only smiled lightly at Keira before displaying a respectful look toward Ezekiel.

Ezekiel glared at the Master, “You have already finished tending her wounds. Go outside the room and I’ll meet you there in a minute.”

Keira protested, “Wait!”

The Master smiled and declared, “I’ll get going.”

The Master gracefully bowed like a proper respectable person in society and swiftly left the room as per Ezekiel’s request.

Ezekiel sat down beside Keira in the bed. Keira only looked at Ezekiel with mixed emotions. She was still trying to digest the information that the Master left her. She didn’t even notice the gloom that surrounded Ezekiel as she was drowned in her thoughts.

She wanted to ask the Master how is she able to help her and if there is anything that Keira should do. The Master had already left, thus, she could not ask any more questions and just hope that the Master would be back for another inspection. But judging from Ezekiel’s reaction earlier, he was not happy with the way they interacted even though they didn’t even have any proper conversation in his eyes. Maybe it was due to his gut feeling.

Ezekiel patted Keira’s hair to get her attention as he saw that her mind had already begun to wander. Keira was pulled back and looked at Ezekiel.

Still having his hand on Keira’s head, gently caressing it, he uttered, “You should rest some more. You just broke out of your fever and the wound is still deep.”

Keira coldly replied, “I’m fine.”

Ezekiel brought his hand that was on her hair to her cheeks, “Don’t worry, you’ll be safe here.”

Slapping Ezekiel’s hand away she scowled. “I’m fine on my own.”

Ezekiel sighed and brought his hand down and carefully traced his fingers on the bandage on her shoulder. His gaze followed his fingertips as they unhurriedly moved from side to side.

“No your not. I almost lost you at the temple. But don’t worry, the one who caused you these wounds…”

He brought his face to where his hand was moving, and gently landed a kiss on the bandaged wound. He then lifted his gaze which was filled with hysteria and looked at Keira.

“Are now gone.”

He tucked Keira’s hair to the back of her ear and whispered sweetly.

“Did you know? The woman who caused you this injury was still screaming in the basement where you were previously locked up. She sat there with her two companions, Rick and the other guy who tried to attack my business while I was expanding to C City.”

Keira looked in alarm but Ezekiel only caressed her eyes shut, “That woman kept on screaming that she was wrong and that she truly loved me. She keeps on saying that she only did that because she was willing to do anything for me.”

Looking at Keira who had her eyes closed but her eyeballs were still quivering under her eyelids, Ezekiel revealed a small smile but his eyes revealed ridicule.

“So I told her, that I was willing to believe her when she proves her royalty by going through my test.”

Keira heard a burst of soft laughter in front of her, “She eagerly nodded her head and the two men beside her had already lost all the blood in their face.”

Ezekiel brought her lips near her ear and whispered while his right hand was still obstructing her vision like he wanted her to imagine the scenario he was describing in good detail.

“You know what’s funny? After only torturing her for a couple of days, she suddenly changes her monologue. Now she kept on repeating that she regrets giving her heart to me and wishes she never met me in the first place.”

He sucked Keira’s lobe and Keira flinched. He resumed, “Do you know what’s even more amusing? Even after cutting off her tongue she still continued to scream, but of course, it was more of a gurgled scream. It sounded very unpleasant to the ears.”

Keira felt all the small hairs on her body rose. Ezekiel remove his hand from her eyes and slid his body down and kissed the wound on her stomach that was hidden away in her shirt.

“I tortured them, one by one. Starting from that woman who caused all of this, to Rick, and to the man who helped her get in City A.”

Ezekiel looked up his eyes were full of madness. “So don’t worry and rest. You are safe here.”

Now Keira was sure that she need to get out of this world as soon as possible.

 

 

 

 

Chapter Extra:

Keira: [Now, I’m sure that I need to get out of this world.]

System 999: [I believe so too Host…]

System 999: The male lead is scary! QAQ

3