Chapter 56: Receiving Help (1)
293 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the terrifying conversation about Stella’s torture with Ezekiel, Keira was left alone in the room to contemplate.

‘The longer I stayed in the world, the more terrifying the male lead becomes. Or is it purely just because of my actions that aggravated the male lead into acting? Nonetheless, I am sure that there more than meets the eye.”

The Master was gone and Keira didn’t have any clue when she would be back. Does she have to hurt herself in order for Ezekiel to call the doctor back? But seeing Ezekiel’s unpleasant mood around the Master earlier, made Keira conclude that he would bring another doctor in instead of the Master.

Keira tried connecting her mind to the Master.

Keira: [Are you here?]

System 999: [Yes Host? Σ(°□°) ]

Keira: [Oh nothing… Thought I could connect to the Master by doing the same thing as earlier, but I connected to you instead. It seems like it was true that we had to remain in skin contact. But could you locate the Master now?]

System 999: [I can’t really sense her presence properly now Host, but I sense she is near the area. I presume that she is using her ability again to hide her identity.]

Keira: [Near the area?]

System 999: [Just around the forest parameter, but I could not pinpoint the exact location.]

Keira: [Alright…]

It seems like she had to wait for the Master to contact Keira herself. If the Master doesn’t come within a week, Keira decided she would act on her own, and find the Master herself.

Four days had quietly passed. She was recovering well. Her IV drop has already been removed since her appetite was back and was able to eat properly. Ezekiel still comes to her room every day but doesn’t sleep beside her anymore. Perhaps he was scared he would accidentally touch her wounds. Every time she needs to go to the bathroom, she could still move by herself since it was not her leg that was injured. Although there is now a chain attached, Keira just treats it as an accessory to keep herself from feeling claustrophobic.

The door in the bathroom could not be fully locked because of the long chain. Keira was afraid that the male lead would enter while she was in the bathroom and open the door since it was not locked. Thankfully, Ezekiel still had common decency and did not disturb her bathroom time, which greatly relieved Keira.

Keira didn’t have much to do in the enclosed house. Now that she was tied to the bedroom, she could not even enjoy the commodities and utilities that the villa has to offer. She could not even finish the game she started before or watch some movies alone in a large home theater. All she could do now is just stare at the bedroom TV or read some novels to pass time. Sometimes, she would bother her system by asking random questions, other times she would even find joy in the chain by tangling it and letting the male lead untangle it.

During dinner on the 4th day of being locked in the bedroom. Ezekiel brought the food as usual and still insisted on feeding her with the same excuse of her arm being injured and should not move around as per the ‘doctor’ instructions. ‘Like hell was that a genuine doctor!’

This time, Keira could see that Ezekiel’s mood was sour and his mind seemed to wander while he was feeding her. He would even show a frown at random intervals. Keira questioningly looked at Ezekiel and Ezekiel would only respond with a small smile and told her to continue eating, while shoving a large mouthful of rice.

Anyone could tell that Ezekiel had encountered a problem. That’s why Keira was staring intensely at Ezekiel, trying to read whatever she could with his expressions. She did not know if this problem was work-related or about her, or perhaps, the Master. Anyways, all she had to do is wait for the Master to come or wait 3 more days before acting.

‘The male lead could not have known what I was planning… right?’

Keira quickly shook those thoughts away, saying in her head that it was impossible unless the male lead could read minds.

Wiping her mouth, Keira finished her meal. Ezekiel kissed her forehead like he usually does before leaving the room. The door shut with the subsequent sound of the door locking. Keira got used to this routine already and she does not even think too much of it, but Ezekiel’s mood was weird today that Keira felt something had happened for the aloof male lead to react. Keira shrugged her shoulders, grabbed the remote, turned the TV on, hug the soft pillow, and munched on some grapes that Ezekiel left behind for her to snack on.

Keira was engrossed in the series she was watching. The room was dim with only the TV turned on, setting up a great mood for a suspense show. The grape that she was holding to feed into her mouth stopped mid-air with her open. She was caught in the tension of the film, just when the enemy was about to launch on the protagonist of the series. A knock came from the window.

“AHHH!”

Keira dropped the bowl of grapes to the bed, spilling its contents on the sheets. Thankfully, she didn’t drop the bowl on the floor, or the people outside would be alarmed.

Keira looked at the source of the knocking sound. Before she could investigate, the locked window to the outside opened. Under the dim lights of the bright moon and television, a person with now her long brown hair in a high ponytail and glasses removed, revealing clear gold rises that seemed to resonate well with the ambiance of the night.

She unhurriedly stepped into the room. Her eyes were glowing and Keira could see small sparks of gold dust surrounding her. She was now wearing a black leather blazer paired with a white top with a pair of black tainted glasses laid on her chest, black pants, and black leathered boots.

The look she had earlier gave an extremely different feeling, that it was hard to declare that the doctor who visited her 4 days ago and the person in front of her is the same person. Keira didn’t think that the Master would normally dress up like this. She had thought that the Master dressed up like a monk or something similar.

Keira: [Wow Elly, she looks so cool.]

System 999: [Yeah! Like an idol!]

Keira: [No, like a badass robber!]

System 999: [ (・∀・) ]

Keira remained star stricken on her bed with grapes scattered all around her. The Master stretched her arms as she uttered, “Phew, climbing a mountain sure is tiring!”

The Master looked at the stupid-looking Keira with shining eyes that seemed to adore her. The Master’s eyes dimmed but they still retained their luster. The Master smiled and Keira this caused Keira to get back to her senses.

“Nice to meet you again Miss Keira. Now we could formally talk with our mouths.” 

4