Chapter 57: Receiving Help (2)
195 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“I’m sorry for approaching you suddenly last time and leaving abruptly.” The Master said apologetically.

Keira shook her head and replied, “No, it’s fine. You seem to have a good understanding of my current situation anyway. There was nothing we could do at that moment with Ezekiel looking.”

“Yes. I had to be careful around that other unique soul.”

Keira tilted her head in question. “What do you mean by that?”

“Nothing. Anyways I am more curious about you right now.”

The Master leaned with her hands on her waisted and looked at Keira in the eyes.

“I didn’t manage to express this before due to the situation but your soul Miss, is truly beautiful. I’d like to look at it forever if I can.”

Keira subconsciously covered her body with her arms, like futilely trying to defend her soul from the Master that was currently peering into her soul.

“Relax, I wouldn’t do anything to your soul. As I said, I am here to help you.”

“But why would you want to help me in the first place? I don’t believe that you’ll help me for free.”

‘Even if the main system directed her to this Master so she could escape this world, unlike the Manpasikjeok where it was only a flute and could not form malicious thoughts, the Master could just abandon me or decide not to lend a helping hand. But with the main system, it had already also calculated that this Master would help me, so maybe it would be fine to trust this person. She is my last hope anyways.’

The Master showed a grin, “That’s right.”

‘Knew it. Nothing is free in the world after all.’

“Then what do I need to do?”

“Hmm? Oh, nothing.”

“What?” Keira showed a dumbfounded expression.

Keira asked, “But didn’t you just say that you wouldn’t help me for free.”

“Yes, that’s right.” The Master nodded

“???” Now Keira was getting confused.

Keira: [Elly, is this woman playing with me right now?]

System 999: [I think so too Host!]

Keira: [Why are you agreeing?!]

System 999: [Then I shouldn’t agree?]

Keira: [Haaaa… Never mind, you are still my gullible Elly after all. :) ]

System 999 was also now confused at its Host's conflicting behavior.

Seeing Keira’s confused face, the Master realized her mistake and laughed heartily.

“What I meant is literally what I said. You don’t have to do anything. Me using your soul to finally try the soul traveling spell that I have been curious about since I read the book hidden away by my ancestors which I secretly took. You should have seen the look on their faces when they realized that the book was gone!”

Keira just weirdly look at the Master and talked to her system.

Keira: [What the hell has gotten into her?]

System 999 decided that it should respond to its Host who also was acting weirdly.

“Ehem! Anyways, meeting you and seeing your unique soul up close is already a payment that is enough to satisfy me! I am even using your soul as a te—I mean as a way to further my understanding of the soul transferring spell.”

‘She was meaning to say that she was going to use my soul as a test run right?’

Keira began to greatly doubt the reliability of the main system calculations.

Keira’s face began to pale and the Master saw this. She exclaimed, “Don’t worry! I am the best in my field after all. You can trust in me!”

The Master said while laughing in ‘ha.ha.ha’ as she patted Keira’s unwounded shoulder.

‘Your laugh does not even sound trustworthy!’

Keira thought that maybe this would be the world where she would die as her soul scatters at the hands of this laughing Master in front of her…

“So you’re saying that you could not transport my soul right away?” Keira raised an eyebrow.

“Yes, I have to wait for the time when the moon would be its biggest. Good thing we don’t have to wait for long. In 3 days the moon would be the brightest and biggest this year.”

Keira and the Master were sitting crossed-legged on the large bed with each having their own pillow companion. The grapes were already put back in the bowl and cleaned by using the Master’s mystic arts. They were both munching on grapes with a pillow on their lap.

Keira asked while grabbing another piece of grape from the bowl, “So what do you want me to do before then?”

“Just stay put and don’t go anywhere else so I could avoid wasting time tracking you, since I still need to gather the necessary materials to do this massive spell, so I could be ready by then. Because if we miss this full moon, then we have to wait another year.”

“Why does it have to be the brightest and biggest moon of the year for the spell to happen?”

“Because at that time, there is a small rift in space. Of course, it doesn’t have much effect in this world since it’s barely traceable and nothing could slip there. Luckily, your soul fits the criteria and could pass through.”

“Criteria?”

“Your soul is different from the ones in here. So the world would allow you to leave since it doesn’t even belong here in the first place. My role is just to safely guide your soul out of your body and into that rift. You would automatically be sucked and be thrown into the other world. As to where this other world is? Only those who had traveled through other worlds could tell.”

The Master stood up and lightly threw the pillow unto the bed. She patted her jeans and sat on the side of her bed grabbing her boots.

“Well, I have to go now. They should have caught her by now.”

“Caught her?” Keira threw a questioning look.

She wore her boots and tightened the hair tie on her head. She stood up, looked at Keira, and showed a grin saying, “I just let a little someone out of their prison for a little while so I could find time to have a conversation with you freely.”

Keira’s eyes grew in realization, “Stella? She’s still alive?”

The Master smirked, “Barely alive. He did not even let her off lightly, unlike the other two… Well then, I shall go. I need to find another way to enter since he would have killed her by now.”

Goosebumps rose as Keira imagined the scene of the tongueless Stella crawling the floor trying to beg for her life but only ‘a—ah—aa’ sound comes out of her mouth.

The Master opened the window and jumped down, disappearing into the dark forest. Keira wanted to look but the window automatically shut when the Master left and even a beeping sound reverberated from the window, indicating that it was securely locked just like how Ezekiel left it.

Keira got near the window and touched the bulletproof glass panes. She looked outside and glance up at the almost full moon, letting her mind wander.

‘3 days… I would leave this world, leave Ezekiel…’

Keira could only hope that nothing goes wrong before then.

 

Let us mourn for the cannon fodders that we have lost in this chapter. 🕯️

5