Chapter 60: Full Moon (1)
177 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dinner was eaten. This would be the last meal Keira will have if the Master succeeds later. Keira still didn’t have any clue how the Master would keep Ezekiel occupied. Maybe the Master would directly enter the bedroom again through the window when Ezekiel gets out.

‘But didn’t the Master say that she was being wary of Ezekiel that’s why she distracted him before?’

Ezekiel had already finished cleaning up. Just when Keira thought that Ezekiel would do his usual routine and get ready to head out by grabbing his stuff and saying goodnight, Ezekiel went near her where she was still sitting by the small table in the bedroom where they usually eat. Keira looked up at Ezekiel who was casting a shadow on her figure.

He looked at her shoulder which still had bandages on and said, “How are your wounds?”

Somehow, Keira knew that if she were to reply that they weren’t really hurting or bothering her anymore, another plate of dessert was going to serve for tonight.

Hence, Keira touched her shoulder, while having a ‘pained’ expression, “It doesn’t hurt as much as before, and I could slowly move my shoulder and twist my body without both wounds hurting too much.”

Keira then emphasized, “However, if I were to make ‘large or drastic movements’ it still aches a lot and the pain would linger for hours.”

Keira exaggerated her words while her eyes were downcast like she was depressed that her wounds were still hurting and she still could not freely move.

“Okay…” Ezekiel only said that while patting her head.

Keira thought, ‘He’s really treating me like a dog. Attaching a chain on me and giving me a lot of head pats like some sort of small animal. Not to mention, the frequent kisses on not only her lips and forehead but also all the other parts of her head, like expressing love to an animal.’

There were also times when Keira doesn’t have the appetite to eat a full meal because she had already eaten too many snacks, Ezekiel would ‘greatly encourage’ her and then gave out kisses as a reward for finishing her meal and even saying ‘good girl.’ Although this embarrassed her, it didn’t feel wrong or bad when Ezekiel was the one saying those words. In fact, Keira even secretly liked it.

‘What the hell am I thinking!’

Keira’s ears were getting red from thinking of those thoughts but good thing her hair was covering both of her ears from getting seen by Ezekiel.

Ezekiel who watched Keira acting like a fragile and hurt puppy eased his heart a little. He was feeling uneasy these past 3 days for some reason. He just thought it was because of the incident when Stella escaped, but he had already put an end to that. So why was still feeling restless when everything is so peaceful?

Perhaps these tense feelings would disappear once Keira’s wounds heal. ‘Maybe, the uneasiness I feel is just me being worried about her wellbeing.’

Ezekiel prepared to retire for the night. He grabbed some stuff on the table and his laptop before bidding Keira goodnight. After Keira also said her goodnight, Ezekiel snuck a deep kiss on her lips.

“Mmmmn!” Keira let out a cry in surprise.

Before she could even protest, Ezekiel had already backed off. He licked his lips like he was savoring her flavor before saying, “I’ll see you again tomorrow.”

He opened the door and left with cheerful strides. He closed the door behind and it goes without saying that he also made sure to keep the door locked.

Keira let out a sigh at the mischievous little male lead. She looked out the window and saw the large bright moon was already up in the sky.

‘Now all I have to do is wait—But before that…’

Keira wanted to ask something from System 999.

Keira: [System 999… Are you on my side?]

This is the first time in a while that its Host called it by its real name. Somehow, even as a system, System 999 felt the heaviness of the words, so it answered brimming with honesty.

System 999: [Of course! I am always by your side Host. Both literally and not literally!]

Keira: [Then that reassures me…]

System 999: [May I ask why are you asking all of the sudden Host?]

Keira revealed a soft smile.

Keira: [I just have a lot in mind… Actually, I need you to do me a favor.]

System 999: [A favor?]

Keira: [Yes… I need you to…]

After Keira stated to System 999 her favor, the system responded after thinking for a brief moment.

System 999: [I could do that Host! You could count on me!]

Keira: [Great! Then, let's prepare ourselves, it's almost time.]

Keira didn’t even need to wait long because the window had already opened after an hour passed. The Master entered the same way as before.

“Oh, you are fast. So, do we—” The Master didn’t give Keira a chance to finish her sentence because the Master already raised her index finger, indicating her to shut up. Keira closed her mouth and the Master brought her hand back and rose both her middle and index in front of her mouth.

The Master mumbled some words that Keira didn’t understand and glowing dust particles stared swarming the Master. A golden symbol started appearing and floated in the middle of the room. It has a unique and complex pattern that Keira could not discern. Once the symbol fully materialized in the air, the dust particles fizzle out.

The Master looked at Keira who was confused by the whole ordeal and explained, “I just put some extra layer of barrier inside this room, to avoid detection from the outside completely. For what we are doing would probably disrupt some things around the room.”

“Then why don’t we just move location and do the spell somewhere else, where it is safer.”

The Master scoffed, “I’m afraid we don’t have the luxury to do that. We only have a few hours left before midnight, and I have to finish guiding your soul before the day finishes. It’s even risky to do the spell here with that other soul around, but we have no choice do we?”

Keira looked at the clock and it was already 9 pm. She had dinner at around 8 pm and waited for the Master to arrive for an hour. The spell must be complete in less than 3 hours.

“Would you be able to finish the spell in 3 hours?”

The Master crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow, “Would I be here today if I believe I wouldn’t be able to successfully perform it? I could just leave you, you know.”

Keira panicked, “Haha… I’m just kidding. I trust in your abilities.”

Raising the corner of her lips the Master uttered, “Good… Then let’s get started immediately.”

 

We are nearing the end of this arc. Won’t say how many chapters are left though, to not spoil things.

Thank you so much for reading up to this point! 

 

5